ADVERTISEMENT

100% on Mickey

Mickey stated openly that Purdy plays nervous. So what in the hell was he doing out there? Mickey should have acted like a head coach and overruled Whipple and ordered Smothers into the game. I agree that this loss is at least partially on Mickey. Bad decision to stick with Purdy.
In all fairness to Mickey he didn’t hire whip so Mickey is in a catch 22 but I agree Mickey should have over ruled whip

Smothers made 4 throws on those last two drives that are so far superior to any throw Purdy made in 5 quarters.

We got to see 2 quarters of evidence last week that Purdy can’t play and yet we rolled with him for 3 quarters today.

This is 100% on Mickey and he should no longer be under head coaching consideration for this reason alone.
It's LL.

• Wow
Reactions: Frozone
Purdy looked very good throwing in the, yes, spring game but cannot perform in real games. Maybe he needs a couple beers to take the edge off before he goes out there.

Wasn't on Mickey. He said from the get go he was going to let Whipple make the offense decisions
What is strange is that MJ cannot over-Rhule Whipple? Even when Purdy was terrible? Pun intended, since that's the recent news we are hearing, that its Rhule.

Smothers made 4 throws on those last two drives that are so far superior to any throw Purdy made in 5 quarters.

We got to see 2 quarters of evidence last week that Purdy can’t play and yet we rolled with him for 3 quarters today.

This is 100% on Mickey and he should no longer be under head coaching consideration for this reason alone.
I'd be leaning Mickey if I knew he would bring in a different offensive coordinator. Most of the recent coaches we've had have stuck with failing coordinators, which have eventually cost them their jobs.

In the last 2 weeks our #1 receiver had 1 catch for 1 yard vs Illinois and the team had what 6 drops vs minn. I think the loss of MJ as a receiver coach is starting to show up.

In the last 2 weeks our #1 receiver had 1 catch for 1 yard vs Illinois and the team had what 6 drops vs minn. I think the loss of MJ as a receiver coach is starting to show up.
that's a great point that hasn't been brought up before.

Reactions: bshirt73
I'd be leaning Mickey if I knew he would bring in a different offensive coordinator. Most of the recent coaches we've had have stuck with failing coordinators, which have eventually cost them their jobs.
Then you've got HC Mike Leach from Miss State. During the game against Auburn Saturday that Miss State won.

After the offense threw an interception, Leach went over to talk to the offensive team that was sitting down. When he got done talking to them, he took all the chairs and folded them up. Said they didn't deserve to sit down.

Not every HC does something like personally folding up their chairs. LOL

I agree with this somewhat. I'd be a little more amenable to Mickey Joseph being Head Coach IF he were to fire everyone on staff except maybe Applwhite and Busch. BUT If I were Trev I'd also want to know ahead of time who he was going to fire and who he was planning to hire for those spots before I hired him (this isn't how it works though).

Given the recent history, I don't think we should have conditions put on the new hire when it comes to the rest of the staff. It did not go well with the last guy. Have to let the Coach make those decisions on his own.

I still would prefer a HEAD coach with Big10 experience or wins against BIG10 competition. Someone preferably that has had their team in the top 25 with consistency. I haven't really been to excited about most of the names mentioned. With so little noise coming out, I'm getting a little anxious that we aren't the destination that we think we are and there isn't as much interest as we had thought their would be. $$$ though might change that.

Time will tell. I don't think I will hate any decision that is made regarding who the new coach is. I'm willing to give him a chance and I'll be watching games next year no matter, just like I always do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT