ADVERTISEMENT

10 years ago today

we fought to the end on that one and just couldnt get a break at the end. lets hope we can fight like that this year

And it still hurts. Red out around the world.

I honestly believe that the lopsided win against K-State the week before gave them way too much confidence, Nebraska would have been better off with a hard fought victory against the Cats. And Texas had to listen all week how Nebraska was going to throttle them, I’m sure that gave them much more focus and resolve to win the game.

Reactions: huntered
I honestly believe that the lopsided win against K-State the week before gave them way too much confidence, Nebraska would have been better off with a hard fought victory against the Cats. And Texas had to listen all week how Nebraska was going to throttle them, I’m sure that gave them much more focus and resolve to win the game.
no doubt the mental aspect and momentum becomes the overiding force once a game gets going. it's what makes the college game so interesting

Reactions: saluno22
Watched this at C.J.'s Draft House in Deerfield Beach, FL at an alumni watch event...so much energy in that place pregame with the Husker Power chants ringing out wall-to-wall...everyone just knew we were gonna put it on the two-loss Horns and take our place back up there with the big boys.

But then we all knew it was gonna be a somber, double crown and coke kinda Saturday when Rex Burkhead dropped his TD pass and we were gonna roll over for Texas again. It's really hard to explain how much this one hurt.

Always thought the ‘Red Out’ was a bad idea. And this was a Burks crew officiated game too. Key non-call on Texas first punt return helped set the tone. And of course a million dropped passes. Total mental block

Reactions: ATX Husker
Hagg still has the record for longest punt return in team history.

If I remember correctly Taylor severely hurt his leg, which began the chronic issues with his ankle...he played through it but they just packed the box, stopped the run game, and made us throw on third and long. There was zero chance that Taylor would make it through the season healthy because he never learned how to take contact but a healthy taylor was rare but an awesome sight.

If I remember correctly Taylor severely hurt his leg, which began the chronic issues with his ankle...he played through it but they just packed the box, stopped the run game, and made us throw on third and long. There was zero chance that Taylor would make it through the season healthy because he never learned how to take contact but a healthy taylor was rare but an awesome sight.
Taylor was healthy in that game. They did stack the box and we passed often to open receivers as our counter. We just kept dropping them over and over. Like a world record for dropped passes.

Taylor was 4 of 12 passing before they went to Lee. They completely shut down our zone read game.

Reactions: saluno22
In the Texas game, Texas deployed a defensive scheme of not committing the defender off of whom Taylor was making his read to the QB or RB. This added indecision in the plays, and Texas ate us alive. Then you have the Niles Paul, Rex Burkhead, and Brandon Kinnie drops that didn't help.

I still remember a Texas defender getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for mockingly throwing the bones in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT