ADVERTISEMENT

10 yard split times

Those are some good times. Look at the defense showing up again. That's why JoJo is knocking dudes back when he hits them.

Did this top # tie Niles Paul record?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I wonder how the timing has changed on timing system for these. Found these olds position records in some of my HuskerPower newsletters I used to get.

WR - 1.40 Niles Paul 2010
IB - 1.45 Keith Jones 1986
DB - 1.49 Tahaun Lewis 1989
QB- 1.50 Steve Taylor 1985
LB - 1.51 Lorenzo Brinkley 1991
FB- 1.52 Brian Carpenter 1987
TE- 1.53 Chad Stoner 1987
RE- 1.53 Donta Jones 1994
DT- 1.60 Kevin Ramaekers 1993
OL - 1.65 Bryan Pruitt 1994

I wonder how the timing has changed on timing system for these. Found these olds position records in some of my HuskerPower newsletters I used to get.

WR - 1.40 Niles Paul 2010
IB - 1.45 Keith Jones 1986
DB - 1.49 Tahaun Lewis 1989
QB- 1.50 Steve Taylor 1985
LB - 1.51 Lorenzo Brinkley 1991
FB- 1.52 Brian Carpenter 1987
TE- 1.53 Chad Stoner 1987
RE- 1.53 Donta Jones 1994
DT- 1.60 Kevin Ramaekers 1993
OL - 1.65 Bryan Pruitt 1994

9b8e8a4bb1f5b8399769746fb0b2d779.jpg

sun-dial-animation2.gif

Epley went to electronic timing in 1982 after working with Nebraska engineer Dr Mike Reilly (old Huskerpower newsletter). You used to have a large pad to place your fingers on and once the pressure released the timing would start meaning you could step forward before releasing your hand. Am guessing the tech is more accurate these days with advances in technology. Was impossible to get 10 yard time prior to electronic timing.

Epley went to electronic timing in 1982 after working with Nebraska engineer Dr Mike Reilly (old Huskerpower newsletter). You used to have a large pad to place your fingers on and once the pressure released the timing would start meaning you could step forward before releasing your hand. Am guessing the tech is more accurate these days with advances in technology. Was impossible to get 10 yard time prior to electronic timing.
Yeah I used the pad your talking about when I ran in my Sr year of high school. Ran a 1.58

Two thoughts:
1. Who is this Phalen Sanford showing up in multiple testing Top 10s?
2. Noa Pola-Gates is skinny
Phalen Sanford is the guy who will likely be the first one down the field on kick offs this fall. We've got a couple of walk ons who are gonna be dudes for us on defense I think before they're all done. Bullock is another even though he's still listed as a WR on Huskers.com.

Phalen Sanford is the guy who will likely be the first one down the field on kick offs this fall. We've got a couple of walk ons who are gonna be dudes for us on defense I think before they're all done. Bullock is another even though he's still listed as a WR on Huskers.com.
Are you thinking of John the LB’s brother Alex who is the WR?

Dr. Mike should have spent more time focusing on winning games and less time on sprints and sprinkles.

More like SUCCEEDIN Sanford am I right??

Clearly Sanford and Martin are crazy athletic all around, it's fun stuff to look at and great motivation for the players to want to work in their S&C time to get their name on those lists.

To be a successful program you need a lot of dudes who are special athletically. On top of that they need to be football smart. On top of THAT they need elite coaching. It's nice to at least see that a foundation is getting into place.

My curiosity is how Smothers' 10 yd time compares to Taylor Martinez.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I’m seeing a trend in these testing results. The handful of players making most of the Top 10 lists have something in common, they play defense. Thankfully we have a newcomer in Oliver Martin to save the offense from being even more underrepresented.

ADVERTISEMENT