ADVERTISEMENT

10 things we learned from Nebraska's loss to Wisconsin - Husker Board version

slick1979uk

Nebraska Legend
Oct 3, 2004
1. Fire Chin (repeat since game 3 last season)
2. Fire Frost (repeat since Colorado game)
3. Fire Walters
4. Martinez sucks
5. WR drops a pass ... coaches fault
6. INT, Martinez sucks and coaches fault
7. Missed assignment on OL... coaches fault
8. Missed tackle... coaches fault
9. Moos signs Frost to an extension... idiot
10. With the right coaches, this roster is a top 10 team

3. Fire Walters
4. Martinez sucks
You forgot fire Duvall

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Yup that pretty much sums up everything I’ve been reading since basically the Colorado game... this board has been over ran by so many people who don’t know anything about football, that it has made this place pretty much unbearable...I suffer through coming back in hopes that people suddenly got smart on here... I guess that makes me the dumb one for thinking this time it will be better :(

11. Frost deserves no blame for his 8-14 record
12. Frost’s “positionless” offense will leave Ohio St in the dust
13. Wisconsin has zero chance to stop a Frost offense in the future
14. Chin should not deserve criticism
15. We don’t have enough talent to beat Texas Southern
16. We played in front of an empty stadium today, BTN CGI’d fans into the seats.

17. Frost may or may not by lying about Carlos Davis, for reasons unknown. Or reasons entirely known. Maybe. Or not. Either way it's a bad look for sure.

17. Frost may or may not by lying about Carlos Davis, for reasons unknown. Or reasons entirely known. Maybe. Or not. Either way it's a bad look for sure.
Yeaaa you dont say that if it's false. With the Davis twins continuing to be head cases ON the field, it's not like it would be surprising for them to be head cases OFF of it

11. Frost deserves no blame for his 8-14 record
12. Frost’s “positionless” offense will leave Ohio St in the dust
13. Wisconsin has zero chance to stop a Frost offense in the future

14. Chin should not deserve criticism
15. We don’t have enough talent to beat Texas Southern
16. We played in front of an empty stadium today, BTN CGI’d fans into the seats.

Boo hoo

3. Fire Walters
4. Martinez sucks

Here’s a fun cover all argument that sh!ts all over your smug post... you are either coaching it, or allowing it to happen.

Nobody is calling for Frost to be fired. It doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized. He's on the verge of coaching the worst 2-year stretch at Nebraska since 1960. Oregon State has more wins in Year 2 of their rebuild. That's more than just a talent issue.

3. Fire Walters
4. Martinez sucks
good post. most are true.

That meant a whole lot to our previous 3 coaches.
They didn't have 5 years and 25 million left on their original contract. Now we're obligated to 35 million. BIG difference in extensions. Remember how everybody howled when we had to play Callahan 4 million to go away?:eek:LaughingLaughingLaughing Frost is NOT going anywhere for a long long long time.

Nobody is calling for Frost to be fired. It doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticized. He's on the verge of coaching the worst 2-year stretch at Nebraska since 1960. Oregon State has more wins in Year 2 of their rebuild. That's more than just a talent issue.

Are you sure about that?

They didn't have 5 years and 25 million left on their original contract. Now we're obligated to 35 million. BIG difference in extensions. Remember how everybody howled when we had to play Callahan 4 million to go away?:eek:LaughingLaughingLaughing Frost is NOT going anywhere for a long long long time.

Who's calling for Frost to be fired? I think the general consensus is that he should be doing better with what he has.

Reactions: husker2612

That didn’t stop Taggart from being fired by FSU. Or countless other coaches. We are making far more money now than we were 12 years ago.

This extension is not going to save Fros if it’s clear he has failed. It would be nice to get to a point where we are more worried about Frost leaving for the NFL than we are worried about him turning the program around.

It has always been the thought process that you kept your coach on a continuous five year contract to take in new recruits possible time at the school. I understand that. I have no understanding of this extension back to 7 years. Especially since the last three coaches in Lincoln all had new five year contracts the year before they were dismissed. In today's world that is known pretty much all over.

I swear this is the Whiniest bunch of people I have ever seen... Loudest bunch of idiots out here are the ones crying for staff changes after what will be two years of a COMPLETE rebuild... you idiots are the reason Nebraska will NEVER get back to where we need to be... you’re the same idiots that would have been side by side with the idiots that wanted to run Tom out of town... you know absolutely nothing about football or what it takes to manage large groups of people... you all have made this damn board unbearable... seriously I need to find a better place to get my Husker info because y’all have turned this place to trash

It has always been the thought process that you kept your coach on a continuous five year contract to take in new recruits possible time at the school. I understand that. I have no understanding of this extension back to 7 years. Especially since the last three coaches in Lincoln all had new five year contracts the year before they were dismissed. In today's world that is known pretty much all over.

seriously the only rational there was to put it out in the public eye that the university still stand behind Scott, because unlike a vast majority of the people on this crap shoot here, they know what is going on behind closed doors, and they know Frost has put in a lot of work, but he still has a lot more to do... the bottom line of the extension was to try to shut this crap up in the public of fire Scott, and show complete support of what he is doing

Reactions: BleedRed78
Where is this noise about getting rid of Frost at? Major boosters are not making that noise. Not hearing it in the street. There has not been a clamor for Frost to be removed on the boards. There has been noise about Frost making a couple of staff changes. But the public uproar about firing Frost is not very widespread or it would have reached the boards somewhere!

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I swear this is the Whiniest bunch of people I have ever seen... Loudest bunch of idiots out here are the ones crying for staff changes after what will be two years of a COMPLETE rebuild... you idiots are the reason Nebraska will NEVER get back to where we need to be... you’re the same idiots that would have been side by side with the idiots that wanted to run Tom out of town... you know absolutely nothing about football or what it takes to manage large groups of people... you all have made this damn board unbearable... seriously I need to find a better place to get my Husker info because y’all have turned this place to trash

You will be on this board in a year or two calling for Chinander’s head.

Doesn’t take brilliance. It’s pretty clear that Chinander isn’t cut out for this. Yet, you are appalled that some people can see it now as opposed to two years from now.
I repeat brilliant call there... considering I have already mentioned that I’m not sold on chins... but you wouldn’t know that because I’m not in here every chance I get typing Message board trash so again continue on proving my point that you blow hards just can’t help but to make your message board diarrhea.

I repeat brilliant call there... considering I have already mentioned that I’m not sold on chins... but you wouldn’t know that because I’m not in here every chance I get typing Message board trash so again continue on proving my point that you blow hards just can’t help but to make your message board diarrhea.

Got it, so you are part of the whiney idiot crowd asking for staff changes despite it being a total rebuild.

Nope try again... try so research if you wanna try to pin down my words... but I’ll help you out.. I hinted at it above... And not once in the above message did I state that I wanted him fired... I said I’m not sold on him... I have actually said (only in situations where my opinion was asked) that I’m not sure how much of what is going on is chins fault or the players... I have never said said he needs to be fired... I have said that if there needs to be a change that hopefully Frost will be able to make that change... the key word for those that are incapable of finding it there is If... meaning that in such case a change is deemed necessary by coach frost or his bosses, hopefully coach Frost will make it... see where at no point did I say he needs to go? Nope you don’t see that because I know there are more issues that are in play and it’s not all on the coaches... hopefully I broke that down good enough there for you Barney

EDIT: oh and also where I’d also not be a part of the whiny group, is that I’m not constantly on here crying for someone new to be fired... just food for thought there sine you are trying to pin me down in that group...

That didn’t stop Taggart from being fired by FSU. Or countless other coaches. We are making far more money now than we were 12 years ago.

This extension is not going to save Fros if it’s clear he has failed. It would be nice to get to a point where we are more worried about Frost leaving for the NFL than we are worried about him turning the program around.
The big donors who ponied up to get Frost are going to be hard pressed to help pay his buyout if it gets to that.

Are you sure about that?
Yes. Somewhere after loss # 4, 6, 10, some posters took off the rose colored glasses and realized we don’t have the second coming of a coach. Others have not. I can’t recall anyone calling for Frost to be fired. I have heard the call for assistants, but not Frost. What I’ve heard are frustrated fans who legitimately thought they would see some progress in year 2. I want Frost to stay and be successful, but you would have to be a complete homer to say you are completely satisfied with the direction of this team at this point in time.

Another person who doesn't have CNN. Kudos.

ummm :rolleyes: oookkkkayyy???

that was a sick burn bro... sick burn...

In all reality I actually enjoy reading CNN fox and the AP news.... tends to get me the whole picture not just a one sided view... because in reality all the news outlets have their own agenda, and like always the truth lies somewhere in the middle...

but go on ahead with your bad self strut your stuff while I go hide in shame from your sick burn...RollingLaugh

Where is this noise about getting rid of Frost at? Major boosters are not making that noise. Not hearing it in the street. There has not been a clamor for Frost to be removed on the boards. There has been noise about Frost making a couple of staff changes. But the public uproar about firing Frost is not very widespread or it would have reached the boards somewhere!

Pretty much on message boards by people hiding behind their anonymity.

Can't argue there are some on here with less than a high football IQ. However, your comment about not knowing anything about football struck me the wrong way. The pat answer for the all problems is roster turn-over - they need to get their players, yadda yadda. So tell me how in the world can it be that ALL of the players both Bo and Riley recruited are terrible and can't be salvaged? The odds of that are slim and none. So everyone single O lineman is terrible because Frost & Co. didn't recruit them, save for a center that was moved from TE. Or an entire D line that is senior heavy who are all rotten to the core but the coaches still play them. Or maybe you can explain the continued lack of technique for tackling and coverage? It must just be terrible players and they are not fixable. I have coached, spent hours in film rooms with coaches, talked to small college coaches about philosophy, etc and I am wondering if you aren't the one lacking in a full understanding of what is going on.

Can't argue there are some on here with less than a high football IQ. However, your comment about not knowing anything about football struck me the wrong way. The pat answer for the all problems is roster turn-over - they need to get their players, yadda yadda. So tell me how in the world can it be that ALL of the players both Bo and Riley recruited are terrible and can't be salvaged? The odds of that are slim and none. So everyone single O lineman is terrible because Frost & Co. didn't recruit them, save for a center that was moved from TE. Or an entire D line that is senior heavy who are all rotten to the core but the coaches still play them. Or maybe you can explain the continued lack of technique for tackling and coverage? It must just be terrible players and they are not fixable. I have coached, spent hours in film rooms with coaches, talked to small college coaches about philosophy, etc and I am wondering if you aren't the one lacking in a full understanding of what is going on.

First and foremost THANK YOU... and I really mean it thank you for actually trying to back up your stance and trying to have an actual debate and not use the whole fire everyone because, I don’t like what I see, or the keep everyone because it’s all the players fault...

Now to get to the guts of your post here... I for one can not speak for the majority the whole it’s the players fault crowd... And I’d have to refer you to my posting history as evidence, but I actually do not think it’s all the players fault nor is it all the coaches fault... I’m not sitting in their team meetings and I’d venture to guess almost no one on this board is sitting through the team meetings so I don’t know what the coaches are teaching for technique... Now with that said, sine you are a coach I’d have to assume you’d make the same assumptions that I would make and that’s that the coaches don’t teach how to take horrible pursuit angles, or how to put your hands on a player and then stop because we don’t want to drive through tackles. Those two simple things goes against common sense of what a coach would teach just on a football level alone... that leads me to believe that is a player skill set issue or not willing to listen to what the coach is teaching...

Now like I’ve mentioned before as well, the issues we sit here and complain about are the same issues with the same group of juniors and seniors that we have seen their entire career. So is this where you put the blame on the coaches, or is it where you blame the players, again you’d have to assume the coaches are at least trying to coach up the basics, at least during the off season when they can, so are the coaches teaching methods jacked up? Or are the kids just ignoring it thinking they know more? Again I don’t know that answer but I’d have to assume that the coaches are at least trying to give the basics when they can, it’s hard focus on the fundamentals during the season since you film study, game plan study, practice game plan, walk through game plan, play game, rinse and repeat... you start going back to teaching the guys the aspects they should already know then you’re taking from one of the other aspects, you’re in a lose lose situation, you don’t work on fundamentals you look like how we do, you don’t work on game plan, you look lost when the opponent lines up...

Now to answer what I think is your best question regarding the previous recruits... the likely hood of every single kid the previous staff recruited being a wash out is highly unlikely, that just doesn’t pass the common sense test, to swing and miss on soo many kids, how can that be? So I’d have to say the answer there is no, all those kids are not that bad... but what I’d say is that none of those kids progressed, I do not think the previous regime spent time on refining technique, or adjusting and even building on to a kids technique, so those kids that cane in has freshmen with high potential, may be juniors, but have the skill set of a freshmen with potential that was wasted. This is where I’d place blame on the current staff, they should have/ needed to recognize those kids that had/ have that potential and really work to refine their skill set, they did it with Jackson, he progressed a lot, to the point of where he has been mentioned as a possible 1st round selection, now this year Jackson I think has hurt that projection due to taking plays off or not hustling till the whistle, so is that something to hold the coaches accountable for? I say partially because no you can’t teach hustle, you can’t teach desire, but you can motivate someone to achieve, you can hold them accountable for their actions...

So at the end of my long winded rambling hopefully you’ll see that I’m fairly rational, I think that with what HCSF inherited just on a mindset basis alone he inherited a crap shoot, kids that did not develop
Kids that have had a miserable experience at UNL and have lost all their gives a f••ks... I think HCSF and his staff do need a few more years to honestly see how he is progressing this program as a whole because right now I can’t tell you how much of this is on the coaches, and how much of it is on the players... because a rational mind set tells you we couldn’t have missed on so many players, but at the same time it tells you that the coaches are teaching the fundamentals but don’t have as much time during the season to hit it as hard as we need to hit it...

Yes. Somewhere after loss # 4, 6, 10, some posters took off the rose colored glasses and realized we don’t have the second coming of a coach. Others have not. I can’t recall anyone calling for Frost to be fired. I have heard the call for assistants, but not Frost. What I’ve heard are frustrated fans who legitimately thought they would see some progress in year 2. I want Frost to stay and be successful, but you would have to be a complete homer to say you are completely satisfied with the direction of this team at this point in time.
The reason some can't see it is because they honestly believe we don't have enough talent. That places like, MN, Indiana, Purdue, CU have more talent than we do. One can still have all the faith in the world that Frost can and will turn this around. One can also believe that keeping everything the same that has resulted in more than likely 2 4-8 seasons is a mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT