ADVERTISEMENT

10 Game, Big 10 only schedule likely

IMHO flexible bye weeks seem difficult at best to manage. Are all bye weeks the same for all teams? I would say no because that is not the definition of flexible, that would be set bye weeks. So then you have to hope that both Team A and Team B have the same by week to make up their game and that no team has more than 3. Sounds like a lot of chasing your own tail.
I would also say that if a team had to cancel more than 1 game, the odds of the season going forward would be minuscule.
Hope they figure out a way

I would think they’d have to have a couple conference wide bye weeks during the season and then leave a couple weeks at the end to fit in other makeup games. Still won’t be perfect.
The reality is a 10 week schedule might quickly be reduced to 7-8 because of scheduling limitations.

One strategy I’d like to see us implement is “optimized” housing. If players are gonna live with roommates, you don’t want all your best players or all the same position group living together potentially taking out all of them (w/ covid) at the same time. Match up a starters with 3rd-string/walkons etc.

Maybe not realistic, but just thinking of how to minimize roster devastation when positive cases pop up.

I would think they’d have to have a couple conference wide bye weeks during the season and then leave a couple weeks at the end to fit in other makeup games. Still won’t be perfect.
The reality is a 10 week schedule might quickly be reduced to 7-8 because of scheduling limitations.

One strategy I’d like to see us implement is “optimized” housing. If players are gonna live with roommates, you don’t want all your best players or all the same position group living together potentially taking out all of them (w/ covid) at the same time. Match up a starters with 3rd-string/walkons etc.

Maybe not realistic, but just thinking of how to minimize roster devastation when positive cases pop up.

Yeah, you're right. I mean, the logistics of having a full-contact sport during a pandemic are ****ing crazy. What about fans in stadiums? Yay? Nay? Only 10,000 separated by distance? What about travel? Home versus away games? Liability if people die?

And then there's what you just said, and that's just for trying to keep the players healthy through the season. It's insane. Like I said in an earlier post, I understand why the Ivy League went over this and then just went "Nah. Hard pass."

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT