ADVERTISEMENT

10 days until the NFL draft

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
I need this. Lack of football news is driving me insane.
Any thoughts on breakout players? My Eagles need a WR. Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs will all be gone at #21. If Laviska Shenault can stay healthy, he looked to be an absolute playmaker. Also really like Jalen Reagor. Then maybe Aiyuk.

Most curious about Tua...i'm not sold on him at the next level but if I'm Cincy i'm rolling the dice on him at #1 over Burrow. Hoping my Chiefs shore up their D line...I was hoping they'd make a run at Suh in FA but it never made financial sense so I didn't get my hopes up. Really want them to capitalize on this window.

Reactions: Wing-Back
I need this. Lack of football news is driving me insane.
Any thoughts on breakout players? My Eagles need a WR. Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs will all be gone at #21. If Laviska Shenault can stay healthy, he looked to be an absolute playmaker. Also really like Jalen Reagor. Then maybe Aiyuk.

All six of them are good.

Most curious about Tua...i'm not sold on him at the next level but if I'm Cincy i'm rolling the dice on him at #1 over Burrow. Hoping my Chiefs shore up their D line...I was hoping they'd make a run at Suh in FA but it never made financial sense so I didn't get my hopes up. Really want them to capitalize on this window.
There is no way in hell I would take a QB #1 overall who had the injury Tua had. I will be shocked if he lasts 2 years on the NFL. IF he does, it will because he's riding the bench. I might take in the 2nd. I guess it's how desperate you are for a QB. Burrow is a gamer man. I think he's got the perfect pro QB personality and attitude. No way Cinci passes on him.

Reactions: WHCSC
I swore at one time I saw Lamar Jackson projected as a late first rounder. Now I am seeing 4th or 5th rounder as the #26 CB prospect. What happened?

I am also see Khalil and Carlos Davis and Darrion Daniels as possible picks, but also possibly not. Khalil is ranked by the NFL as the #11 DT prospect.

I swore at one time I saw Lamar Jackson projected as a late first rounder. Now I am seeing 4th or 5th rounder as the #26 CB prospect. What happened?
Nothing happened. You were reading clickbate. He has always been projected as a mid to late round pick.

Also, you have to be rather suspicious of QB evaluations. Top 5 QB picks since 2014:
2014 Blake Bortles #3
2015 Jameis Winston #1, Marcus Mariota #2
2016 Jared Goff #1, Carson Wentz #2 (Dak Prescott taken in 4th round)
2017 Mitchell Trubisky #2 (ahead of Mahomes #10 and Watson #12)
2018 Baker Mayfield #1 (Jackson #32)
2019 Kyler Murray #1

This does not bode well for Joe "Small Hands" Burrow.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

I am also see Khalil and Carlos Davis and Darrion Daniels as possible picks, but also possibly not. Khalil is ranked by the NFL as the #11 DT prospect.

yeah Lamar Jackson will probably go 4th round (3rd at best and 5th at worst) and I see both D Daniels and K Davis both getting drafted maybe in the 5th to 7th rounds. C Davis, he may have earned himself a draft pick the way he killed it at the combines...he’s either 7th rounder to FA. We went from most people guessing only L Jackson getting drafted to having 3-4 players getting drafted now. GBR

Bronco fan here...lot of jabber about taking Ruggs at 15 to give Lock his own Tyreek Hill (minus the arm breaking, pregnant punching attributes of course)...have even heard possibly trading up and sacrificing Draft Capitol to do so...1) If they trade up I would hope for either one of the big 3-4 LTs, 2) not totally against a WR at 15, especially if Jerry Jeudy falls there, 3) dream scenario would be somehow getting Isaiah Simmons via trading up...seeing him in a Fangio D would be fantastic

Bronco fan here...lot of jabber about taking Ruggs at 15 to give Lock his own Tyreek Hill (minus the arm breaking, pregnant punching attributes of course)...have even heard possibly trading up and sacrificing Draft Capitol to do so...1) If they trade up I would hope for either one of the big 3-4 LTs, 2) not totally against a WR at 15, especially if Jerry Jeudy falls there, 3) dream scenario would be somehow getting Isaiah Simmons via trading up...seeing him in a Fangio D would be fantastic
All good ideas. But meanwhile, Garett Bolles is still an astonishingly terrible left tackle.

yeah Lamar Jackson will probably go 4th round (3rd at best and 5th at worst) and I see both D Daniels and K Davis both getting drafted maybe in the 5th to 7th rounds. C Davis, he may have earned himself a draft pick the way he killed it at the combines...he’s either 7th rounder to FA. We went from most people guessing only L Jackson getting drafted to having 3-4 players getting drafted now. GBR

Lamar and K. Davis will be the only guys who get drafted.
Darrion Daniels is limited because he's really only seen as a 1st or 2nd down Nose in the 3-4. That automatically precludes him from going to 60% of the league.

Carlos is too much a liability vs. the run to get drafted. But he should have plenty of options in Free Agency.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Very deep draft at WR, I think it’s a mistake to trade up for a WR when there’s so much talent for the first few rounds but Ruggs is a burner and they aren’t all that fast.

I’m sure my Vikings are looking to draft yet another CB and more O-line to spots we can’t seem to get right.

Derek Carr still sucks @ss, but if my Raiders waste one of their 1st rounders on a bust QB like Love or Herbert, I’m gonna be pissed.

Bears should, like every draft, either trade all picks or select only offensive/defensive linemen

Lamar and K. Davis will be the only guys who get drafted.
Darrion Daniels is limited because he's really only seen as a 1st or 2nd down Nose in the 3-4. That automatically precludes him from going to 60% of the league.

Carlos is too much a liability vs. the run to get drafted. But he should have plenty of options in Free Agency.

I wouldn’t bet on that. You could be right but I seen some mock drafts that have D Daniels being drafted as well. And C Davis caught some eyes as well and I wouldn’t be surprised at if he gets pulled out 7th round. DTs and NT aren’t Easy to find even more so ones that are 310-320 pounds and runs a 4.7 to 4.8 40.

i do ultimately agree. L Jackson and K Davis are for sure getting drafted and C Davis and D Daniels are possibilities.

Last edited:
I think Chiefs go either LB or CB 1st round.

CB is a must this year. Losing Diggs is going to hurt if they can't find a replacement.
You know Diggs really suffered when Theilen was injured. I think IF they can find somebody with some speed that Diggs is replaceable. He had a sh### attitude and I don't think he helped the locker room. I won't miss him. The flip side of that is that Thielen HAS to stay healthy. He's the man.

You know Diggs really suffered when Theilen was injured. I think IF they can find somebody with some speed that Diggs is replaceable. He had a sh### attitude and I don't think he helped the locker room. I won't miss him. The flip side of that is that Thielen HAS to stay healthy. He's the man.
How good will Thielen be without Diggs on the other side? We'll see.

How good will Thielen be without Diggs on the other side? We'll see.
Thielen was already drawing doubles with Diggs on the field. Thielen just had a way of finding a seam and making incredible catches no matter what the defense was doing to him. IF they can find a guy with some speed and decent hands to keep the D honest, they'll be fine. Have to keep their RB healthy too though.

Reactions: mortdyer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT