ADVERTISEMENT

10-2??

So we go 10-2 and don't win this division? Don't see that happening, but I don't see 10-2 anyway. I think we still have too many holes in the roster.
Is much as I hate to say it, Minnesota is a team to keep an eye on for sure. They should end up with at least 3 conference losses though. If we go 10-2 we'll win the West. This side of the conference should be pretty competitive!

Is much as I hate to say it, Minnesota is a team to keep an eye on for sure. They should end up with at least 3 conference losses though. If we go 10-2 we'll win the West. This side of the conference should be pretty competitive!

completely agree about the game at TCF. i think that will be as difficult a win as any. not a big fan of Fleck and his antics, but, he is definitely a good coach and i believe the players he recruits love playing for him (hence, he is not for everyone).

completely agree about the game at TCF. i think that will be as difficult a win as any. not a big fan of Fleck and his antics, but, he is definitely a good coach and i believe the players he recruits love playing for him (hence, he is not for everyone).
Just posted something similar in a different thread.
Minny is on the up and up.

Id be very pleased with 10 wins in year two with or without the division title.
But 8 or 9 is more likely.

The jump from 9 and under to ten wins is a big, big leap.

Reactions: HuskerO
Minnesota has been a trendy pick for the last 3 or 4 years....they've never lived up to it. They could break through, but they're going to have to show me something before I believe.

Minnesota has been a trendy pick for the last 3 or 4 years....they've never lived up to it. They could break through, but they're going to have to show me something before I believe.

it would be shocking to me if they won the west. a lot would have to go right for them. having said that, i expect them to give at least one team a big headache.

1st conference game sept 28th @Purdue should give pretty good insight.

We also seem to be trendy most years w/o living up to the hype. Purdue is also on the rise like Minnesota so we need to make sure we don’t let that happen. Falling below those teams could be difficult hole to climb out of.

Having said that... desire to excel no fear of failure. Frost will get our boys ready and make a run at being undefeated. No fear of failure!

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ESPN has us at 10-2. Read it earlier this morning now can't find the link.
Yep they have us losing to Ohio St and Minnesota of all teams. I just don't get all the hype around MN our 4-8 team put up 50+ on them last year. ESPN as of now gives us a 39% chance to beat them. They actually give us a better chance to beat Ohio St.

If ESPN is predicting us at 10-2 with a loss to MN. That means at the very worst they seem MN going 10-2 as well in order to win the west. When looking at their schedule it is probably one of the easiest in the BIg10. Their toughest road game is @ Iowa. With others, Nebraska, Wisc, and Penn St at home.
However, I could see them losing @ Purdue, Nebraska, Penn St, @ Iowa, Wisc, @ NW. There is no way they beat Neb, Wisc and Penn St. I see them losing for sure 1 if not 2 of those. I also see them losing 1 if not 2 to @Purdue @ Iowa @NW. Realistically I would be shocked if they have anything less than 4 losses. 8-4 is still a good season for MN no doubt.
SD St
@ Fresno St
GA Southern
@Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
@Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
@Iowa
@NW
Wisc

Reactions: timnsun
Yep they have us losing to Ohio St and Minnesota of all teams. I just don't get all the hype around MN our 4-8 team put up 50+ on them last year. ESPN as of now gives us a 39% chance to beat them. They actually give us a better chance to beat Ohio St.

If ESPN is predicting us at 10-2 with a loss to MN. That means at the very worst they seem MN going 10-2 as well in order to win the west. When looking at their schedule it is probably one of the easiest in the BIg10. Their toughest road game is @ Iowa. With others, Nebraska, Wisc, and Penn St at home.
However, I could see them losing @ Purdue, Nebraska, Penn St, @ Iowa, Wisc, @ NW. There is no way they beat Neb, Wisc and Penn St. I see them losing for sure 1 if not 2 of those. I also see them losing 1 if not 2 to @Purdue @ Iowa @NW. Realistically I would be shocked if they have anything less than 4 losses. 8-4 is still a good season for MN no doubt.
SD St
@ Fresno St
GA Southern
@Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
@Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
@Iowa
@NW
Wisc
Those last 4 games are brutal for MN ... in all honesty i think they could lose every one of those.. especially if injuries hit them.. its hard to stay healthy the whole year and to have thode 4 all physical teams that run right at you.. i think they peter out towards the end.. you just get too tired rowing the boat..lol

Those last 4 games are brutal for MN ... in all honesty i think they could lose every one of those.. especially if injuries hit them.. its hard to stay healthy the whole year and to have thode 4 all physical teams that run right at you.. i think they peter out towards the end.. you just get too tired rowing the boat..lol
I just don't get it, yes they have some returning talent. This was still a crappy team last year who got beat by 55 and 53 to Illinois and Nebraska. To think they are going to flip that fast, seems insane.
Yes I know many are viewing Nebraska with a similar mindset. The difference is, we have much more talented players and Frost has a history of success wherever he has been. Fleck had 1 good year at western Mich and no other signs of success. So far at MN he has done nothing great. I could see them getting 8, maybe 9 wins this year. I see them in a similar range as Nebraska. To have them as a fav for the west with 10+ wins seems a bit insane.

Reactions: yunginsNU2

Kinda depends on who we lose the 2 to isn’t it.

Reactions: bomber89
I just don't get it, yes they have some returning talent. This was still a crappy team last year who got beat by 55 and 53 to Illinois and Nebraska. To think they are going to flip that fast, seems insane.
Yes I know many are viewing Nebraska with a similar mindset. The difference is, we have much more talented players and Frost has a history of success wherever he has been. Fleck had 1 good year at western Mich and no other signs of success. So far at MN he has done nothing great. I could see them getting 8, maybe 9 wins this year. I see them in a similar range as Nebraska. To have them as a fav for the west with 10+ wins seems a bit insane.
Their schedule is easy.
8 wins makes them a difficult team. I think they get there.
If they win the west it will be by default. They aint goin out and winning 10 games.

I think a lot of it is predicated on what happened after Illinois. Fleck fired his DC and then gave up 59 points in four games after that. They also will have stud DB Antoine Winfield Jr back after only playing four games last year.

I’m not picking them to win the west, but it’s another team in the division that should be over .500 on the season.

College Football News has Nebraska 7-5
  • 6 home wins, 1 road win
  • 4 road losses, 1 home loss
If NU goes 6-7 at home it will have taken 2-3 against Iowa Wisconsin and Ohio State. If that happens, NU will be 8-4 or likely 9-3.

Reactions: SOHusker11
College Football News has Nebraska 7-5
  • 6 home wins, 1 road win
  • 4 road losses, 1 home loss

7-5 is realistic but at the sometime so is 9-3. I been saying all summer we will go 8-4 with 7-5 and 9-3 being a possibility. I don’t see anything worse then 7-5 and nothing better then 10-2. Lol...so yep, I’m all over the place in the 7-5 to 10-2 area.

Reactions: 8675309husker
7-5 is realistic but at the sometime so is 9-3. I been saying all summer we will go 8-4 with 7-5 and 9-3 being a possibility. I don’t see anything worse then 7-5 and nothing better then 10-2. Lol...so yep, I’m all over the place in the 7-5 to 10-2 area.

Heck 5-7 is realistic. The fact is we really have nothing to base our opinion on other than hope and season two for UCF. What Frost did as an assistant that’s great but it doesn’t prove everything.

With that said I say this team wins nine games at a minimum

Heck 5-7 is realistic. The fact is we really have nothing to base our opinion on other than hope and season two for UCF. What Frost did as an assistant that’s great but it doesn’t prove everything.

I agree realistically chips could fall in any direction and I take no games for granted (as that’s been a problem for us in the past),,,
but I’m gonna keep with the mantra: “desire to excel no fear of failure” = undefeated. Frost said what he did year 2 at UCF probably can’t be repeated, but he’s Scott ‘Muthaf-ing’ Frost and he doesn’t even realize what he’s capable of.

SD St
@ Fresno St
GA Southern
@Purdue
Illinois
Nebraska
@Rutgers
Maryland
Penn St
@Iowa
@NW
Wisc
Minnesota hasn't won in Kinnick since 1999.

Reactions: huntered
minnesota good for fishing, nothing else. ia, nw, and wi we go 2-1. beat osu first time and loose 2nd game in championship(due to depth, injuries). net 11-1 or 11-2 going into bowl season. how do you like that boys?

minnesota good for fishing, nothing else. ia, nw, and wi we go 2-1. beat osu first time and loose 2nd game in championship(due to depth, injuries). net 11-1 or 11-2 going into bowl season. how do you like that boys?
giphy.gif

5-7 is a possibility, just as 0-12 and 12-0 is a possibility. I wouldn't call any of the 3 realistic. Realistically we are probably in that 7, 8, 9 win range.

We have been seeing 10-2 projections here annually for the past fifteen years. It’s about time ESPN joins the party.

And I want what they are drinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT