ADVERTISEMENT

1 thought after the last 30 years.

Bobfather

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
I have been a Huskers and Royals fan for life, I turn 45 in October and I notice one thing that is similar between my two favorite teams. During the 70's both of them got beat by their arch nemesis that kept them away from their dreams for the Huskers it was Oklahoma and for the Royals it was the Yankees. Both teams are not big market and had to come up with a way to win and the same can be true today. Nebraska can win big time with great coaching and the jury is out right now but for what I saw today it is a step up because at least the coaches were not taking a shit at halftime and they were making adjustments at halftime. Now last year the Royals made the World Series with a coach who wasn't a big time hire however his coaches let players develop and over the coarse of a couple of years were playing for it all. We need to be patient with this staff as they still haven't gotten their full package in that they want and still haven't gotten the players into their system that they want. The days of Tom Osborne and Dick Howser are done, we have to it smarter every year than the other team evaluating talent. We have to recruit/scout every day of the week 24/7 to keep up with the Dodgers, Yankees, Cardinals, Buckeyes, Crimson Tide and Trojans of the world.

Admittedly, I didn't see the second half. But Riley's words at halftime about doing things Tommy was comfortable with resonated with me. It seems like maybe they did just that.

That's good coaching, no two ways about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT