ADVERTISEMENT

1 more

More Nebraskans like Creighton over North Carolina and Kentucky...

Hell I like UCLA and LSU better than North Carolina and Kentucky.

Grew up admiring the Lew Alcindor and Pete Maravich era's.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I cheer for North Carolina because frankly, they seem to run a (mostly) clean program. The players represent the school with class and they are to basketball what Nebraska was (and should be) to football. They have a classy head coach, very passionate fans and they win consistently.

Reactions: Big K 655
I cheer for North Carolina because frankly, they seem to run a (mostly) clean program. The players represent the school with class and they are to basketball what Nebraska was (and should be) to football. They have a classy head coach, very passionate fans and they win consistently.

I always thought Indiana Basketball and Nebraska football we're more alike.

Both have 5 National titles. Both have teams that were arguably the best ever all time in their respected sport. (1976 Indiana) (1995 & 1971 Nebraska).

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Not as many as the Nebraska big 3. Dook, Kansas, UNC

I like all 3 of those schools. Guilty. I'm 49, and feel like I grew up in the golden era of college basketball, and all of those teams were part of it so I think I still try to cling to that era and seeing those teams do well sorta takes me back to then. Having said that, I ain't getting off the mower to watch any of them during the regular season.

Looks like only one blue blood going to make this years Final 4.

Pick you're poison Kentucky or N.C Jordan mystique.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I can't believe I'm rooting for the Tarheels. Normally, I'd be all for UK easily. With Calislimi as coach it's a complete reversal for me.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Tarheels. Normally, I'd be all for UK easily. With Calislimi as coach it's a complete reversal for me.

I'm just waiting to see who going to get beat by Oregon Next Saturday.

Meh ? Seriously? Great finishes and Great coaches finally reaching the final four ? You are a hard one to please !

I mean, other than that few decades of academic mischief, of course.

Its ok to do that. It's what the educated, enlightened class of Americans do.

I cheer for UNC because when I started watching basketball a lot. I liked Kenny Smith that was 1985.

A year after I started watching Nebraska.

No bandwagon for me. They have been my favorite college basketball team for 32 years.

There are no rules for fandom.

If my team is bad, that's just the way it is. I don't need to have another team to root for just so I can claim that I'm a fan of a good basketball team. I have this quaint idea of actually wanting to have a legitimate connection with a team to root for them.

I cheer for Creighton to lose each week. Nebraska is the only team I cheer for in this state. I am pulling for Gonzaga this week.

Reactions: bigboxes

Good grief. I guess you call widespread academic fraud for 20 plus years for the bulk of the basketball players clean. LOL

Good grief. I guess you call widespread academic fraud for 20 plus years for the bulk of the basketball players clean. LOL

No..I enjoy watching them play....I have always thought African American studies was a bogus degree before the scandal went down.

Its still not as bad as keeping women beaters on the team while winning championships.....not even close.

Yet I still cheer for Nebraska every year.

Im always a Husker fan, all sports. But when it comes to basketball i have always rooted for UNC Tarheels too. Like some above i was born in 1980 so i watched Michael Jordan play and thats why i have a love for UNC basketball (no love for there football program just there basketball teams) i was a huge Jordan fan. Im sure it gets tiring seeing the same teams every year doing good but UNC always seems to have a top tier team year in and year out, like em or not. Hell, i wont set here and say there a clean team without flaws but im sure what they do is nothing different then any of the top 10 teams yearly do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT