ADVERTISEMENT

1 committed Juco O-linemen. Do they go after 1 or 2 more?

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
Until our offensive line gets better Huskers wont go anywhere. Huskers have 1 committed Juco Offensive linemen. Are they going after more Juco O-linemen in this class? I don't see any quality depth there at all and if you cant see time this year on that line, well that opens up a lot more questions.

I have faith in Frost to get it done, I just think signing 2 or 3 quality Juco linemen can speed this whole thing up.

Reactions: bshirt73
The certainly should if there are decent ones. Jaimes got dinged. It's going to be unwatchable by November if a couple more of these guys get hurt.

I recall Charlie McBride defended the firing of Frank as he said it was unforgivable for Frank to have let the Pipeline dry up. Apparently even old defensive coach Charlie believed that our oline was what always made our program special. Here we are nearly 20 years later and the Pipeline is still nearly dry. Hard to believe but I am sure it is no news to Frost and he will get more troops by next season.

I recall Charlie McBride defended the firing of Frank as he said it was unforgivable for Frank to have let the Pipeline dry up. Apparently even old defensive coach Charlie believed that our oline was what always made our program special. Here we are nearly 20 years later and the Pipeline is still nearly dry. Hard to believe but I am sure it is no news to Frost and he will get more troops by next season.
*THIS* Demonstrates the years of deterioration that Frost has to rebuild. Frank generally gets a pass, but Eric Crouch covered up a lot for him. Add the continuous deterioration by the subsequent coaches and you have a extremely broken program. Will take time - but Frost is the man to do it.

Reactions: saluno22
Until our offensive line gets better Huskers wont go anywhere. Huskers have 1 committed Juco Offensive linemen. Are they going after more Juco O-linemen in this class? I don't see any quality depth there at all and if you cant see time this year on that line, well that opens up a lot more questions.

I have faith in Frost to get it done, I just think signing 2 or 3 quality Juco linemen can speed this whole thing up.

agree. We have some nice linemen, but in general we aren't terribly physical and it hurts us at critical times. JUCOs can help jump start it as can S&C. we may be surprised by a few of the kids next year

If they can go 2 for 3 out of Benhart, Vimahi, and Ike (the last two can be T or G) then I don't think they take another Juco

The wildcard, however, is the OT at GCCC that hasnt really started his recruiting and there is the strong Simms connection to NU

I understand that speed and skill players is what Frost's offense is predicated on, but if you don't have the horses up front it just makes your offense faster......faster to get dinged up, faster to go 3 and out and faster to putting a vulnerable defense back on the field. Better get some big uglies to start building the pipeline, it needs a lot of help!

Reactions: bshirt73
old-rusty-pipeline-concept-image-59645319.jpg

I understand that speed and skill players is what Frost's offense is predicated on, but if you don't have the horses up front it just makes your offense faster......faster to get dinged up, faster to go 3 and out and faster to putting a vulnerable defense back on the field. Better get some big uglies to start building the pipeline, it needs a lot of help!

it's a pretty tough type to recruit. He doesn't need to super tall, huge linemen that the pro style offenses generally want, but he can use them, provided they are nimble and athletic enough to move around. The key is that they really need to be athletic and physical, and right now our linemen can do some good things, but are more limited than Frost would like, IMO

Frost does some of those Malzahn type sweeps and likes to make the guards move in particular.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
Our starting guards and center are all seniors - who are we going to plug in next year? Apparently there arent underclassman that that are high performers or they would be playing now.

Our starting guards and center are all seniors - who are we going to plug in next year? Apparently there arent underclassman that that are high performers or they would be playing now.

OL won't get fixed in 2 years. I thought these upperclassman would improve dramatically and maybe they still can get better but this schedule is rough. Frost needs 4 more OL (and I have heard he is targeting that many right now) recruits this year and they need to be good ones.

Reactions: jlb321

Bland at C backed up by Will F
Wilson/Rairdon LG
M Farniok at RG IF Benhart signs with NU, otherwise he stays at RT and Wilson is at RG

Sichterman may also get moved inside as well, again depending upon who signs

This is a position we need to concentrate on in the next two years we simply need to improve our offensive line after that it’s cornerback..

Not saying we don’t have good people there now, just that we need to make strides on the offensive line to make our offense explosive in the future..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT