ADVERTISEMENT

1-2

ThereIsNoPlace

Blackshirt
Nov 29, 2014
Let that sink in...
sink_zps9ridhqmd.gif

Reactions: jeans15
Too bad HTO isn't here tonight - he once posted that he was happier at 1-2 under Riley than 3-0 under Bo. Good times.

Reactions: jeans15
We are a program on the decline. I am bitterly disappointed. I believed in Riley.
No flame, but why? His track record, age and the sloppy play right from the start said differently. What REALLY made you think he was going to bring championship level football here? There were zero reasons to believe that other than he was a nice guy.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
No flame, but why? His track record, age and the sloppy play right from the start said differently. What REALLY made you think he was going to bring championship level football here? There were zero reasons to believe that other than he was a nice guy.
I, like most on here, was scratching my head when I heard Riley was hired. Mike Riley?? Who the hell is that? But I was happy Bo was gone, ready for a fresh start, and started reading many national pundits who were saying this was a great hire, that Riley was a greatly respected coach, that Alabama wanted him, and what a great guy he was. Then I saw the kinds of athletes he was starting to recruit. It just gave me hope. I also am not a cynical person and I, of course, want to think that the people in charge of our program are professionals who know what they are doing. After all, who the hell am I? A retired theology/philosophy professor and current sheep rancher? Yeah... that qualifies me to be a negative Nellie know it all....

I prefer to have hope, to give our coaches the benefit of the doubt, and to believe that they can turn us into winners. But also... I really thought our offensive line, defense, and quarterback would be better this year than the last two years.

It is looking so far like I was wrong. Maybe we can still salvage a good season. Maybe we can still win the West. But I doubt it. What the first three weeks have shown me is that in year three, we have taken big steps backwards. That should not happen. And we sure as hell have no business losing to Northern Illinois and almost losing to Arkansas State. Therefore, I have reluctantly reached the conclusion that if this season melts down and we only win 2 to 4 games, that Mike Riley should be let go.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT