ADVERTISEMENT

04 May 2019 Game 40: Nebraseball at Northwestern (Northwestern wins 4-2)

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
With finals week upon us, no midweek games and the weekend series will be Sat-Mon rather than Fri-Sun.

I said the other day that winning six of the last nine should be the goal. Winning two this weekend wouldn’t be the end of the world but a sweep would go a long way.

One win or—shudder—less would be a mighty big problem.

Last edited:
Husker Lineup:

1. Schwellenbach - SS
2. Palensky - RF
3. Acker - CF
4. Roseberry - DH
5. Watson - LF
6. Hallmark - 2B
7. Roskam - C
8. Gomes - 1B
9. Altavilla - 3B

Today's line up

Spencer Schwellenbach SS
Aaron Palensky RF
Joe Acker CF
Ty Roseberry DH
Keegan Watson LF
Jaxon Hallmark 2B
Luke Roskam C
Colby Gomes 1B
Angelo Altavilla 3B

Matt Waldron pitching

NW Lineup:

1. Dunn - SS
2. Erro - 3B
3. Goosenberg - 2B
4. Bourbon - 1B
5. Dunn - CF
6. Dickey - RF
7. Trautwein - C
8. O'Laughlin - LF
9. Kelly - DH

Team isn't leaving Chicago until Tuesday, so there will be no curfew for Game 3 on Monday.

In case you’re curious why you don’t have a.185 hitter batting in the 5 hole there is your answer why.

Reactions: saluno22
Top 1st

Back to back one out singles for Palensky and Acker.
Roseberry walks the bases loaded.
Keegan Watson K’s.
Hallmark flies out at the warning track.

0-0

I’d be curious what our average with runners at 3rd base with one out or less is compared to the national average. That seems to be the biggest weakness for this team.
I know our in-game stats show runner on 3rd and less than 2 out (I think) and similar, but the published stats just show the bare minimum required for conference and NCAA reporting. I remember Erstad made a big deal out of this a few years ago that he's going to make other teams work to figure out those situational stats rather than just giving them away.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Top 2nd

One out single to LF for Gomes.
Altavilla advances Gomes to 2nd on a groundout to SS.
WP advances Gomes to 3rd.
Schwellenbach K’s to end the threat. 2nd time leaving a runner at 3rd in as many innings.

0-0

Matter of time before Northwestern cracks.
You would hope (and I think they will, too). But how often do you see the opposite of weathering a storm and then taking advantage of mistakes later in the game by the slow-starting team when the other team didn't fully take advantage earlier?

Best-case scenario is to also get into the bullpen to limit Northwestern's relief availability the rest of the series.

You would hope (and I think they will, too). But how often do you see the opposite of weathering a storm and then taking advantage of mistakes later in the game by the slow-starting team when the other team didn't fully take advantage earlier?
Their pitcher just threw a 1-2-3 inning, so I could be wrong :eek:

Bottom 3rd

Leadoff single puts a runner on 1st.
The next 2 batters go down in order.
The runner then steals 2nd and scores on an RBI single to CF.
K ends the inning.

1-0 Northwestern

ADVERTISEMENT