ADVERTISEMENT

“we still only lost by three”

Redmich

Senior
Jun 21, 2022
Marques Buford after the game

I can’t believe this is an actual quote

do not all teams have a quick briefing prior to meeting with the media (I know some do) - very brief - in situations like these they are told to simply state( in some form ) that they are disappointed in the result and will work on getting better each week - don’t make excuses and don’t go off script

the fact that a player was quoted as saying …. Blah blah blah … “we only lost by three” to an opponent who was terrible last year, that we destroyed and were double digit favorites shows what a culture of failure Scott frost has cultivated

That quote is unbelievable

these young men are being failed by the university leadership from the head coach on up

Too bad Frost and company ran out of the “horrible and lazy” Riley recruits to carry the defense like they did the last few years

Reactions: Frozone
Marques Buford after the game

I can’t believe this is an actual quote

do not all teams have a quick briefing prior to meeting with the media (I know some do) - very brief - in situations like these they are told to simply state( in some form ) that they are disappointed in the result and will work on getting better each week - don’t make excuses and don’t go off script

the fact that a player was quoted as saying …. Blah blah blah … “we only lost by three” to an opponent who was terrible last year, that we destroyed and were double digit favorites shows what a culture of failure Scott frost has cultivated

That quote is unbelievable

these young men are being failed by the university leadership from the head coach on up

We're close

I mean...he isn't wrong. Just imagine if he would have missed just one less tackle.

ug58hqfewdoqgw0582vizlu3u1g1x71d.jpg

Don't be hard on the kid. He's still putting it all together.
The kids in this program have my deepest sympathies - they aren’t being prepared for success on the field and I fear the culture of failure instilled by Frost will have detrimental effects on chances future success off the field

they are collectively being failed by their head coach and those in the AD, university and boosters who have facilitated the ongoing presence of this head coach

The kids in this program have my deepest sympathies - they aren’t being prepared for success on the field and I fear the culture of failure instilled by Frost will have detrimental effects on chances future success off the field

they are collectively being failed by their head coach and those in the AD, university and boosters who have facilitated the ongoing presence of this head coach
They're getting paid now, they're fair game too. Not a single one of them deserves a cent of NIL money. Not a single one of them stood out to me. Seems to be very little conference talent whatsoever, let alone being worthy of getting paid to play as an athlete.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
We can't tackle. We were soft. Secondary gives up a td on a missed assignment.

Participation trophy, mediocre-is-ok mentality the pervades the culture around Frost

They're getting paid now, they're fair game too. Not a single one of them deserves a cent of NIL money. Not a single one of them stood out to me. Seems to be very little conference talent whatsoever, let alone being worthy of getting paid to play as an athlete.
That's what I've been saying. People watch, and money is generated...because of the schools. Not because these kids' talents are worth anything. If they didn't wear the school logo, nobody would watch.

Buford should be benched for that comment. Maybe next time we'll only lose by two. We'd be getting closer.

What is so bad about this statement is if it would have been a team coached by someone like Urban Meyer the Huskers would have lost by 10. There was no way the Husker D was going to prevent Northwestern from scoring another TD after the last interception. Huskers were lucky the Wildcats just ran out the clock.

I don't really care or pay attention to what any of these kids say. Nothing is going to change with Frost in charge, and discussing anything else is just window dressing.

I don't really care or pay attention to what any of these kids say. Nothing is going to change with Frost in charge, and discussing anything else is just window dressing.
Oh yeah? What about Trev? What about the OL? What about Covid? What about Riley??? What about Steve Pederson?

WHAT ABOUT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT