ADVERTISEMENT

“Stepping” back from the ledge

Husker Hambone

Sophomore
Sep 15, 2013
So the Wandale transfer sucks, but you’ve got to like getting Steppe and the Montana WR transfer right? Are they combined a “step” up or a “step” in the right direction? Ok, I’ll see my way out!

We are better without Wandale. Just wait. We catered to a guy who is nice, played hard, did the right things but is not a game changer. I’m telling you we will be in a decent bowl next year. I think Frost will get motivated by wandale leaving and will kick it in the next gear and not be friends with his players anymore.

We are better without Wandale. Just wait. We catered to a guy who is nice, played hard, did the right things but is not a game changer. I’m telling you we will be in a decent bowl next year. I think Frost will get motivated by wandale leaving and will kick it in the next gear and not be friends with his players anymore.
Wow. That's the most positive take I've read on the situation. Wandale was probably our most consistent guy and somebody who could make people miss in the open field, but he didn't have home run speed or size. If nothing else, his leaving will get more touches for bigger guys at RB and longer faster guys at WR IMO. We'll see. It's part of the joy of college football. Every year is a new start with lots of new guys regardless of whether it is through transfer or graduation. I'm really looking forward to spring practices and the scrimmage then fall camp. This last year was just a cluster ###k.

If Frost catered to Robinson, maybe it was less about them being friends and more about Robinson being NU's only above-average offensive player?

Robinson wasn't a world-beater and I'm all for taking a let's move on, next man up attitude. But I'm not seeing a roster than can afford to shed talent.

A bowl game in year 4 would be a good step for our head coach in training.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
2 things regarding this........

1) I think he WAS a game changer...because we probably would have been 0-8 without him.....and it's tough to be a game changer with not many supporting players around you to help.

2) When has Frost ever learned from something that has happened and then made some sort of change in his super duper plan? NEVER...he'll blame it on Wan'dale or some other player or maybe clapping or the ref's...what ever he can find to defect blame from himself.

So the Wandale transfer sucks, but you’ve got to like getting Steppe and the Montana WR transfer right? Are they combined a “step” up or a “step” in the right direction? Ok, I’ll see my way out!
Good to snag some talent & possible star talent but do not under estimate the loss of Wandale and the impact it has.
Just tell it like it is. He will be missed!
And not saying it all works out for the kid. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT