ADVERTISEMENT

“Iowa’s a bigger, stronger football team,” Frost said.

Thanks for your insight. Now you'd better stop posting from your employer's computer, on his time, before you get in trouble. 5:00 PM, or whenever someone gives you permission to go home, will be here soon enough.

You cheer for a never was, mediocre team.

And you've cried about a worse team for 20 years now. Who cares about wins accumulated when my grandpa was in diapers? I sure don't. If a program is judged by how many NC's it has or its history, have fun bowing down to Minnesota and Illinois. We've kicked their asses for the past couple decades too.

But we'll likely lose to Northwestern, since Pat Fitzgerald has circled our game every year, ISU (they're due for a win after we've beaten them 4 years straight), Purdue if Brohm sticks around, and Wisconsin. Kirk has a winning record against Michigan and we haven't had any problem winning in Lincoln, even when you've won 9 games. So there you go!

Spoken like a true Iowa fan.

The state of a college football program is what it’s history says it is, the state of a team is all about present and future.

Will Nebraska get back to pre-2001 wins while competing for conference championships 5 out of ten years? Who knows, but if Wisconsin can do it so can Nebraska. Can Iowa? They’ve never been consistently really good, only occasionally (4 teams in 20 years) have a nationally relevant team and have never been a nationally relevant program.

I’m going to make this as simple as possible as you Iowa fans are slow.....we do not need your opinion about Nebraska football, you cannot relate to us, we have nothing in common, you are our version of ISU.

There it is, folks. We've found the common ground! Iowa cannot relate to how Nebraska feels. We do not have anything in common right now! Yes yes yes! Great talk H8er; knew we'd come through eventually!

I - 36 wins, 4 years.
N -21 wins, 4 years.

Last edited:
Thanks for your insight. Now you'd better stop posting from your employer's computer, on his time, before you get in trouble. 5:00 PM, or whenever someone gives you permission to go home, will be here soon enough.
Sorry to hurt your feelings snowflake, but I am the employer.

There it is, folks. We've found the common ground! Iowa cannot relate to how Nebraska feels. We do not have anything in common right now! Yes yes yes! Great talk H8er; knew we'd come through eventually!

I - 36 wins, 4 years.
N -21 wins, 4 years.
You want to edit your post some more? You want to cherry pick any more stats? Who in the hell uses just 4 years? Just Iowa fan that’s who.

I tried to tell all you jokers that said Iowa was a two loss max team this season that it was definitely a 4-5 loss team.

Sorry you lost money betting Iowa on Black Friday, it has really got you reeling today, must’ve been a lot, probably can’t get that tattoo you really wanted.

One question, why is the tattoo to tooth ratio 5:1 in Iowa? TIA

Reactions: dinglefritz
You want to edit your post some more? You want to cherry pick any more stats? Who in the hell uses just 4 years? Just Iowa fan that’s who.

I tried to tell all you jokers that said Iowa was a two loss max team this season that it was definitely a 4-5 loss team.

Sorry you lost money betting Iowa on Black Friday, it has really got you reeling today, must’ve been a lot, probably can’t get that tattoo you really wanted.

One question, why is the tattoo to tooth ratio 5:1 in Iowa? TIA

LOL she's mad. What more recent you want 5, 6 years? Just this year, most recent? This is hurting you to read.

51 wins , 6 years
38 wins, 6 years

Goodnight girl!

8 years in the B1G ( conference games)

Not a lot to brag about for either fan base..
Iowa 38-30- one west title
Nebraska 37-31- one Legends title..

Ya is sucks Eichorst hired Riley but Frost will turn thing around moving forward.

LOL she's mad. What more recent you want 5, 6 years? Just this year, most recent? This is hurting you to read.

51 wins , 6 years
38 wins, 6 years

Goodnight girl!
“Cherry picking” Iowa fan, a new type to go along with “at least our program is clean” Iowa fan and “college football started in 2002” Iowa fan. You’ve said goodnight and or good day now multiple times yet you won’t leave. Once the name calling starts I know I’ve won, thanks for playing. I know you’ll be back in 3, 2, 1.........,

That bull rush is the same type of rush Pelini and Diaco used too. It actually is used to take up space and keep all major gaps available for the linebackers and safeties to fill, and keep running qb's in the pocket by keeping their lanes. Problem is it didn't work, for them or Chinander. It is a very non-disruptive technique unless you just have extremely strong players (or fast which creates a burst). They also have to be able to get off the meat hooks of the offensive lineman so they can actually tackle anything that comes thru the gaps when there is only a 3 man rush. The defensive line has failed at this for years. Partially due to skill and the rest due to coaching/development. Chinander and Duval should be allowed more than a year to develop this though.

But putting this all on the defensive line is unfair. Quality linebackers and safeties can make the bull rush effective as well, even if the defensive line doesn't get much push. Get up and hit somebody with some authority. There were failures across the board here.

Well, the reality is the DL just cannot get off a block. Pure and simple.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
“Cherry picking” Iowa fan, a new type to go along with “at least our program is clean” Iowa fan and “college football started in 2002” Iowa fan. You’ve said goodnight and or good day now multiple times yet you won’t leave. Once the name calling starts I know I’ve won, thanks for playing. I know you’ll be back in 3, 2, 1.........,

You brought out names a long time ago, this has been won for the good guys after second reply. It's not name calling if it's true, are you a girl? I thought somewhere you said you were, might've been someone else.

You brought out names a long time ago, this has been won for the good guys after second reply. It's not name calling if it's true, are you a girl? I thought somewhere you said you were, might've been someone else.
Dumb post is dumb. You’ll be back in 3, 2, 1....

Lol, go ahead & get your final word. Nebraska lost & you just lost :(
I’m as surprised as you that a 4 win team lost to Iowa, but it happened. I won the day I became a Nebraska fan, January 1, 1972. Enjoy mediocrity. It could be worse, you could be a fan of Illinois.

Reactions: dinglefritz
And you've cried about a worse team for 20 years now. Who cares about wins accumulated when my grandpa was in diapers? I sure don't. If a program is judged by how many NC's it has or its history, have fun bowing down to Minnesota and Illinois. We've kicked their asses for the past couple decades too.

But we'll likely lose to Northwestern, since Pat Fitzgerald has circled our game every year, ISU (they're due for a win after we've beaten them 4 years straight), Purdue if Brohm sticks around, and Wisconsin. Kirk has a winning record against Michigan and we haven't had any problem winning in Lincoln, even when you've won 9 games. So there you go!

This is a falsehood and then a rationalization to continue with two falsehoods. Huskers defense isn't good, but neither is yours.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Here's Iowa's schedule, with the games' difficulty noted 1-12, most to least difficult, and site of game plays into difficulty. I would say 8-12 should be UI wins, so that's five wins for sure; 2-7 are tossups, so a split would mean 3-3; and at Michigan will be a tough nut to crack. So I'd put the O/U at 8, and with a few breaks, 11-1 is possible, but so is a losing season.
8/31 Miami, Ohio (12)
9/7 Rutgers (10)
9/14 at ISU (5)
9/28 Middle Tennessee (11)
10/5 at Michigan (1)
10/12 Penn State (4)
10/19 Purdue (7)
10/26 at Northwestern (3)
11/9 at Wisconsin (2)
11/16 Illinois (9)
11/23 Minnesota (8)
11/29 at Nebraska (6)

Here's Nebraska's schedule
8/31 South Alabama (12)
9/7 at Colorado (9)
9/14 Northern Illinois (11)
9/21 at Illinois (10)
9/28 Ohio State (1)
10/5 Northwestern (2)
10/12 at Minnesota (6)
10/26 Indiana (8)
11/2 at Purdue (3)
11/16 Wisconsin (4)
11/23 at Maryland (7)
11/29 Iowa (5)

While I think only one Nebraska game is a guaranteed victory (USA in Week One), I wouldn't consider any game beyond Nebraska's ability to pull out a victory. Nebraska's games likely will be tiered this way:
Guaranteed victory
South Alabama
Likely victories
Northern Illinois
at Illinois
Indiana
Toss-ups
at Colorado
at Maryland
at Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
at Purdue
Northwestern
Underdogs
Ohio State

If we win as favorites, that's four victories. If we split the eight closer games, that's four more. So if we get no bounces, another 4-8 is a possibility. If the bounces even out, that's 8-4. If we get some good fortune or more defensive development, 9-3 or better are in play.

On the field, Nebraska almost caught up to Iowa in Frost's first year, and that despite Iowa's decided advantage in the trenches. The teams both return a lot of players on both sides of the ball and at key positions. I suspect their records will look very much the same next year.

Agree with this assessment. I think Neb has a pretty favorable schedule next year as I think they should be even or favored in most games with a lot of their close ones coming at home...IA, NW, WI, OSU.

Reminds me a lot of Iowa's schedule this year but we couldnt close the deal on most of the close ones.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8 and 9and4
This is a falsehood and then a rationalization to continue with two falsehoods. Huskers defense isn't good, but neither is yours.

Iowa leads the Big Ten in scoring defense. Iowa's defense is #9 in total defense in the NCAA. Michigan's is 1st, Alabama's is 6th, and Clemson's is 7th. So apparently starting at 8, all the rest of the defenses in college football aren't good. Nice to know.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Reactions: kwicasso
Recent history and the future are all that matter. Texas fans are starting to get it. Iowa fans understand it. And most Nebraska fans do as well. Except you, and your tired posts such as the one above.

Is Nebraska going to be in the mix in the future? Yes. Will it ever be as consistent as past years? No. The population base is still small. Smaller than Iowa's actually. And Nebraska is no longer one of 25 teams that recruit nationally. They are now one of about 100. Probably closer to 75 effectively.

We are in 2018. No one cares that Iowa was one game away from the CFP. That was 2015. No one cares that Nebraska won a natty in 1997. That was 1997.

Well, not no one, but most well grounded people.

I listened to Jay Foreman on Big Red Reaction. Every week they give a grade to positions. I thought he was pretty harsh but accurate on his grading.

He was correct in saying that most of the time Coach Chinander had the right defense called. We just didn't make plays/tackles.

?

ADVERTISEMENT