ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m Jovan Dewitt.. I’m a Tarheel”

Wait but I thought Frost wasn't competent enough to know his staff wasn't good enough and he's in over his head like the rest of them......oh okay so RSS is overly emotional again.
I said all along Frost would make staff changes. I was constantly attacked for making that statement. I think Frost realizes after back to back losing seasons that changes needed to be made and "continuity" wasn't going to be the fix for everything.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I said all along Frost would make staff changes. I was constantly attacked for making that statement. I think Frost realizes after back to back losing seasons that changes needed to be made and "continuity" wasn't going to be the fix for everything.
Continuity can still be part of the formula....with upgraded pieces to the staff

Reactions: CatColumbia

But is Frost making these changes or are they naturally occurring? I don't know but I would not want to assume assistant coaches are being pushed out if that is not the case.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Of course they are being pushed out, no one in their right mind willingly leaves the Nebraska staff with Scott Frost at the helm.
I see what you did there... DeWitt is probably not a great test case. Old buddy gets a new DC gig and it's in a warm weather climate. DeWitt's units have struggled and some fans want him gone. It is WAY too logical for him to make a lateral move and probably good for all parties involved. Easy easy out for both Frost and DeWitt.

I see what you did there... DeWitt is probably not a great test case. Old buddy gets a new DC gig and it's in a warm weather climate. DeWitt's units have struggled and some fans want him gone. It is WAY too logical for him to make a lateral move and probably good for all parties involved. Easy easy out for both Frost and DeWitt.
Yep. We didn’t want him anyway, we pulled the scholarship, he didn’t have a commitable offer etc etc etc.

But is Frost making these changes or are they naturally occurring? I don't know but I would not want to assume assistant coaches are being pushed out if that is not the case.
What the hell is the difference? If you don't think Dewitt was being encouraged in one form or another to move on, I don't know what to tell you. Sure maybe it was mutual, but that means Frost must have seen some benefit to him leaving. And I don't think it was as mutual as you think. I don't think Dewitt had much of a choice.

North Carolina is a lateral move from Nebraska, seriously? Never heard of North Carolina being a blue blood program.

North Carolina is a lateral move from Nebraska, seriously? Never heard of North Carolina being a blue blood program.
Mac Brown is their head coach and they were in a bowl game this year. They finished 7-6. I don't know the terms of his contract, BUT I would assume that he's getting similar financial consideration. IF I were DeWitt I wouldn't give a sh## about what my team's record was back in the 1900s so yeah I would say it is a lateral move at least at this juncture.

ADVERTISEMENT