ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m Jovan Dewitt.. I’m a Tarheel”

Could we see Helfrich come into the equation. Obviously not as a LB coach or SPecial teams coach. The opening does give other options.

-Like giving Polk a shot at LB coach as a GA... then Helfrich as a “co- OC” with Walters with the long term plan being one of them leaves next year and if Polk does a good job is hired as a full time coach
Polk isn't going to take a GA position after being an assistant in the NFL. He'll get another NFL job somewhere or a full time college assistant job.

Give me one Carlos Polk. Good enough for TO in a dark alley, good enough for me.
I suspect that the guy Frost hires will be better qualified (more college coaching experience) than either Colman or Polk. We'll see. There's a ton of good young coaches out there some of whom never played P5 football.

Dawson has coached LBs at New Hampshire, Akron, and the NY Giants. He coached STs at BC.

Reactions: headcard
He was told to bounce. Frost just did it in a good way for both parties.
This is probably the most realistic answer, but even so, why would Mac Brown want him? He just fired a guy who from what I can tell is better than what Dewitt has shown.

I just don't know what to think of this. We have heard Frost won't make any staff changes because he is too loyal. But it seems odd Dewitt would move laterally with a possible pay cut on his own.

And if he did move on his own, why would a veteran coach like Brown want someone so horrible. And Mac has to be good because we have been told a number of times on here that he made a big impact in a short time at NC.

So confusing,
He is reuniting with the defensive coordinator that he coached with at army prior to joining Frost in Florida according to OWH.

Reactions: dinglefritz
He is reuniting with the defensive coordinator that he coached with at army prior to joining Frost in Florida according to OWH.
No doubt the constant calls for his head on call in shows and message boards and the somewhat public criticism from some former players probably made the decision pretty easy for DeWitt. I'm not sure too many people will be very upset that he's leaving. I do think his health issues were a problem for him performing his duties this past year. Hopefully he's good to go going forward. He's a good guy.

Best of luck to him. I believe this is a win/win for both parties and it was no surprise to Nebraska. In fact I believe he was encouraged to try to find a place he would like.

As far as next coach one would believe Dawson is a leading candidate but I also believe Frost will look beyond a single candidate.

Would be nice to get a quality coach plus a dynamic recruiter to help guys like Held and Fish.

Not that I’m a big fan, but Dante Williams moved to OLB coach at Oregon.
I agree we need an ace recruiter and he fits that mold. $$$ team... so we know how to lure him away from the ducks

Polk isn't going to take a GA position after being an assistant in the NFL. He'll get another NFL job somewhere or a full time college assistant job.
Yeah, I wouldn’t think he would. But hoping there’s an off chance he wants a shot to learn how to be a position coach. I’m not holding my breath but would be cool if it worked out that way. Definitely a pipe dream

Not that I’m a big fan, but Dante Williams moved to OLB coach at Oregon.
I agree we need an ace recruiter and he fits that mold. $$$ team... so we know how to lure him away from the ducks
Not sure he'd fit? But he would own the west coast in recruiting, not much experience though.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I think the pig worms are entering his brain, poor ol Boff.
You can teach iowa fan to kill pigs before they eat them but you can'tmake them cook it first.

Good luck! Once a husker.

If you dont have a new job in 23 months, I'll be surprised. No shade.

Wait but I thought Frost wasn't competent enough to know his staff wasn't good enough and he's in over his head like the rest of them......oh okay so RSS is overly emotional again.

Reactions: headcard
Draining swamps?
TenseRecklessBull-size_restricted.gif
Hillary%2B-%2BIn%2Bthe%2BSwamp.gif

ADVERTISEMENT