ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Morgan Jr misdemeanor drug possession?

Because it means i can do whatever i want and you cant judge me for it, even if im putting lives in danger. How you dont understand that makes me honestly confused.

Wrong.

It means if you worry about what you do, I'll worry about me. Too many sanctimonious and anonymous message board "do-gooders" out there with a closet full of skeletons, passing judgement.

Too many sanctimonious and anonymous message board "do-gooders" out there with a closet full of skeletons, passing judgement.
While I try not to pass judgment, one of the only good things about having a closet full of skeletons, which I do, is making decisions is now hopefully more informed.

Hmm, so now we are talking about judging and what is right and wrong? I don't think one has to have a "closet of skeletons" to know the difference between right and wrong. They call these laws in some cases, novel concept I know.

And in some cases they are "rules" that my be expressed by an employer. They can say things we want you to do or not do while you work for them. You don't like it, don't go to work there.

Schools can do the same thing to an extent. You are now on this football team, we want you to eat right, not drink to excess (even though it may be legal), smoke pot or generally put yourself at any risk. None of it seems too much to ask of players or employees.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Hmm, so now we are talking about judging and what is right and wrong? I don't think one has to have a "closet of skeletons" to know the difference between right and wrong. They call these laws in some cases, novel concept I know.

Maybe the government shouldn't be trying to control every aspect of people's lives. Some laws are just made to fail. Do you really want to live in a repressive society or a free one?

Reactions: SC_'sker
Maybe the government shouldn't be trying to control every aspect of people's lives. Some laws are just made to fail. Do you really want to live in a repressive society or a free one?

If I am not mistaken we currently live in one of the most free societies in the world. Only the foolish would not see that liberties are being given up for trade for "things" or under the guise of protection." The governments main job is to keep us safe, period. Could you elaborate on some of the laws that are made to fail?

If I am not mistaken we currently live in one of the most free societies in the world. Only the foolish would not see that liberties are being given up for trade for "things" or under the guise of protection." The governments main job is to keep us safe, period. Could you elaborate on some of the laws that are made to fail?
This is what most people in the US are taught to believe. I have acquaintances that live in Mexico, that have freedoms we could only dream of. Unfortunately, the truth is, the US is one of the most restrictive places on the planet.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This is what most people in the US are taught to believe. I have acquaintances that live in Mexico, that have freedoms we could only dream of. Unfortunately, the truth is, the US is one of the most restrictive places on the planet.
I gotta tell ya, living here in this country has sucked all my life. The restrictions... they drive me crazy!

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Wrong.

It means if you worry about what you do, I'll worry about me. Too many sanctimonious and anonymous message board "do-gooders" out there with a closet full of skeletons, passing judgement.
Wrong. Society has to have moral standards. If everyones idea of morality is different its a scary place, especially if we cant pass judgement on those who behave poorly.
Whatever, you "go do you" and be a cool tuco wannabe.

Damming these two boys for a little bit of weed is crazy. None of us have any clue if they were smoking and driving (sorry sounds funny to say that). If they merely had a small sack on them and not tokin and driving, so what!? Weed is so common and has been for decades its really nothing, it's comparable to drinking. I hate weed and i choose to not smoke it but people who do, i have no issues with it. I got a lot if budies that smoke weed. Its truly a non issue if done respectably like drinking.

Oh and like most (if not everyone on this board) i have skeletons in my closest. I am no one to judge and say this or that should happen. It was a misdemeanor charge, small pebbles in my eyes. Slap the boys on the hand, say "no no" and lets move on.

Last edited:
Weed is no more harmful than booze or tobacco. It should be entirely legal.

Athletes are stupid to jeopardize their careers smoking weed given current laws. Stanley Morgan has the talent to play in the NFL. He should be more careful.

That said... he is young and these laws are stupid. I hope Riley lets him off light. In fact, I wish all coaches would start giving light punishments for smoking weed

how long, if it isn't happening already, before a university in a state where weed is illegal has an uphill battle in recruiting

I realize the legal age is 21 in states that allow it but underage possession is a lot better than possession of an illegal drug

Sure, there are freedoms they have that we don't, but the same can be said the opposite direction.

As a Libertarian, I want more individual freedom than we currently have, but let's not pretend that Mexico is some utopia of freedom compared to the US. The US is consistently ranked highly in individual freedoms if you look at studies and rankings (even those from groups outside the US), and far above Mexico.

The glaring one that jumps out to me is our right to keep and bear arms in the US. I personally couldn't imagine living in Mexico, with the corruption and cartel violence, without that right. I realize that is more common in some areas and less in others, but the point remains.

Wrong. Society has to have moral standards. If everyones idea of morality is different its a scary place, especially if we cant pass judgement on those who behave poorly.
Whatever, you "go do you" and be a cool tuco wannabe.

So you're telling me im wrong about what I meant when I wrote you do you and I do me?

You cannot legislate morality. And everyone does have different ideas of what is moral.

The fact that marijuana is legal in more than one state proves that some believe it is not a morals issue.

Nice try though. And believe me when I tell you that I will go be me. Every minute of every day.

Because it means i can do whatever i want and you cant judge me for it, even if im putting lives in danger. How you dont understand that makes me honestly confused.

Typically, 'you do you, I'll do me' is more of a libertarian type statement. Like, 'I don't care if you're into dudes or chicks or both and you shouldn't care that I smoke weed.'

I don't interpret it as go drive drunk and beat women.

Sure, there are freedoms they have that we don't, but the same can be said the opposite direction.

As a Libertarian, I want more individual freedom than we currently have, but let's not pretend that Mexico is some utopia of freedom compared to the US. The US is consistently ranked highly in individual freedoms if you look at studies and rankings (even those from groups outside the US), and far above Mexico.

The glaring one that jumps out to me is our right to keep and bear arms in the US. I personally couldn't imagine living in Mexico, with the corruption and cartel violence, without that right. I realize that is more common in some areas and less in others, but the point remains.
I am not sure about the right to bear arms in Mexico, however I would argue that the corruption and violence in the USA dwarfs anything you are led to believe happening on the other side of the border.

I saw something reported recently about it costing 40 grand or something outlandish to legally open a lemonade stand, with all the permits, taxes, inspectors, insurance, and other bribes.

This idea that we have freedom is absurd. The country is built off a predatory loan and perpetual debt banking system, enslaving most all who live here into working their whole lives to pay off all the crap that they don't need. The United States is rather more like bondage, but you have to be willing to look at it for what it really is.

Really don't care if the kid smokes a bit of weed. Exercising better judgement about it would be nice.

Reactions: bigboxes
I am not sure about the right to bear arms in Mexico, however I would argue that the corruption and violence in the USA dwarfs anything you are led to believe happening on the other side of the border.

I saw something reported recently about it costing 40 grand or something outlandish to legally open a lemonade stand, with all the permits, taxes, inspectors, insurance, and other bribes.

This idea that we have freedom is absurd. The country is built off a predatory loan and perpetual debt banking system, enslaving most all who live here into working their whole lives to pay off all the crap that they don't need. The United States is rather more like bondage, but you have to be willing to look at it for what it really is.
So people should be able to open a Lemonade stand if they wish, but not take out loans? I don't quite follow. But I do agree, the US is no longer a free country, I can no longer buy R12 refrigerant or Fumotoxin (for gophers) but you can in Mexico.

Prime rate is 3.75% possibly going to 4%. Frickin predators.

Reactions: timnsun
So people should be able to open a Lemonade stand if they wish, but not take out loans? I don't quite follow. But I do agree, the US is no longer a free country, I can no longer buy R12 refrigerant or Fumotoxin (for gophers) but you can in Mexico.
Sorry, I was attempting to show a couple of different examples from different perspectives. On the business side of things, it's fairly easy to open a business in other parts of the world compared to here. So that was an example on business freedom. The second point was from the perspective of the average citizen and a financial one. I didn't do a very good job of structuring that.

Prime rate is 3.75% possibly going to 4%. Frickin predators.
Show me the credit card that only charges 3.75 to 4%. You can probably get that rate or better on a new car loan or a home loan (gee, i wonder why...) but most consumer debt is around 18% give or take.

Furthermore, the current low rate has more to do with the federal debt, than helping enslave the citizens with new car loans and home mortgages. The reason they are keeping it so low (some would argue it should be a negative interest rate) is to keep the country out of deflation. The people in Washington have painted the country into a corner, and now every American owes about $60,000 (total debt divided by population) or your portion of the national debt. The country is struggling just to pay the interest on that debt, never mind the principal.

Have a good holiday and remember those who served and gave their life for this country.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was attempting to show a couple of different examples from different perspectives. On the business side of things, it's fairly easy to open a business in other parts of the world compared to here. So that was an example on business freedom. The second point was from the perspective of the average citizen and a financial one. I didn't do a very good job of structuring that.

Show me the credit card that only charges 3.75 to 4%. You can probably get that rate or better on a new car loan or a home loan (gee, i wonder why...) but most consumer debt is around 18% give or take.

Furthermore, the current low rate has more to do with the federal debt, than helping enslave the citizens with new car loans and home mortgages. The reason they are keeping it so low (some would argue it should be a negative interest rate) is to keep the country out of deflation. The people in Washington have painted the country into a corner, and now every American owes about $60,000 (total debt divided by population) or your portion of the national debt. The country is struggling just to pay the interest on that debt, never mind the principal.

Have a good holiday and remember those who served and gave their life for this country.
So the $60k average debt is washington's fault, not the average person who decides it's good to buy stuff with money you don't have?

If people only bought stuff with money in hand (obviously not car or home) the $60k number is nonexistent. That's not washington's fault... it's the consumer who has to have the newest toys without the cash to pay for it or the willingness to save up for it. Gotta have it now!

So the $60k average debt is washington's fault, not the average person who decides it's good to buy stuff with money you don't have?

If people only bought stuff with money in hand (obviously not car or home) the $60k number is nonexistent. That's not washington's fault... it's the consumer who has to have the newest toys without the cash to pay for it or the willingness to save up for it. Gotta have it now!
I currently own a 25 year old Harley, a 15 year old minivan and a 14 year old SUV. We thought about replacing the minivan, but I decided to try and get 25 years out of it so just dropped a bundle on Polk Audio speakers for it. It probably helps that I live in SoCal. I guess when you get middle-aged and are no longer trolling for the babes, having an aging vehicle is OK..

I wasn't talking about people's own personal debt, but the national debt, so yes, it is Washington's fault. Your representatives in Congress spent money that they did not have. Whenever govt spends more than they budgeted, they have to issue treasury bonds to come up with the rest of the cash. Those bonds get added to the national debt. The $60k figure is the total national debt divided by the total population to arrive at a "debt per person" amount to give people a sense of how big it is. Nothing in that figure is made up of consumer toys.

Stanley is a good player so give him max 1 game. If it's a non contributor, kick them off so we can get more recruits, amirite? Winking

Also, no one has mentioned Antonio Reed, did he get charged at all?

Stanley is a good player so give him max 1 game. If it's a non contributor, kick them off so we can get more recruits, amirite? Winking

Also, no one has mentioned Antonio Reed, did he get charged at all?

The weed was in Morgan's car and in a bag with Morgan's name. Unless Reed had actual drugs on his person, no charges would be filed. I have not heard that Reed or the female in the vehicle were charged.

The weed was in Morgan's car and in a bag with Morgan's name. Unless Reed had actual drugs on his person, no charges would be filed. I have not heard that Reed or the female in the vehicle were charged.

There was an article (LJS- linked on page 2, post 50) that said that Reed was charged as he had some mj too.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT