ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time. NU and others

it's in context only to Dingle who basically said the same of Woche.. who clearly is better.. Why didn't you direct your same question to Dingle for dumping on Jack? Is it somehow allowed because Jack entered the portal?

This board is so frustrating at times.. you have a culture where you can't criticize anything about the current players, unless they leave the team, then it's open season. It's like a cult mentality with some of you people.
Haha good gawd. This is one of the worst post I'm a long time. Haha clueless

I don't think Woche threw a ball within 10 yards of a receiver. He looked awful. He played like 10 snaps for his high school team and it wasn't because of an injury. He can't pass and he can't run. I'm not sure why you think he looked better than DK. He was allowed to walk on because of Rhule's relationship with a Texas coach.
What's the point in dumping on a 4th string walk on QB? Obviously he's not going to see the field ahead of the three scholarship QBs unless there's some really freak situation. But he's putting in time to practice like the others and IMO should be praised for accepting his role and working hard like the others.

Reactions: TOMHP
What's the point in dumping on a 4th string walk on QB? Obviously he's not going to see the field ahead of the three scholarship QBs unless there's some really freak situation. But he's putting in time to practice like the others and IMO should be praised for accepting his role and working hard like the others.
Woche was 5th string and he left. Good for him. Hopefully he can find a scholarship at a lower FCS program.

Reactions: Laner2
They have a clown offense and a stubborn head coach..
Parker has one of the best defensive teams in the B1G year in and year out..

They’ve had 11 winnings seasons consecutively so I can’t say their a clown program..

Looking forward to the New B1G and Nebraska is definitely moving in the right direction after 7 losing seasons..
I tend to use hyperbole when speaking or posting about iowa football. Their fans are definitely a bunch of hypersensitive clowns especially when it comes to husker sports. I will always cheer for iowa fans to be disappointed and frustrated at some point in the season and the later the better. iowa fans have claimed the off-season national championship for 60 straight seasons. It’s been very satisfying watching iowa fans get their hopes up playing crappy bigten west teams and then getting smoked by real competition. I thoroughly enjoyed iowa football last season.

it's clear to randoms like me that iowa has taken ou's place as N's primary rival. arkansas seems to be missouri's, although they continue to struggle for footing in the sec. cu came home. aTm gets big brother back. and of course texas maintains oklahoma only in a different space. sorta interesting how that all worked.

it's clear to randoms like me that iowa has taken ou's place as N's primary rival. arkansas seems to be missouri's, although they continue to struggle for footing in the sec. cu came home. aTm gets big brother back. and of course texas maintains oklahoma only in a different space. sorta interesting how that all worked.
I don't think anyone will ever truly replace OU. I'm one of the few Husker fans that do not like Iowa as Nebraska's main rival. It is not a game I look forward to, and they are not a program I care about at all.

When NU first joined the B1G, I was really hoping that Penn St. would be the Black Friday game. No one cares about Nebraska-Iowa the day after Thanksgiving. It is not a nationally relevant game and does nothing for Nebraska's brand. However, it definitely hurts Nebraska's brand every time they lose that game. Which they have regularly over the past several years. And it greatly annoys me.

I am really hoping with the new additions to the conference, that Nebraska can get something going with either UCLA or Washington, since NU has a long history playing both schools.

But Oklahoma will always remain the top rival.

I don't think anyone will ever truly replace OU. I'm one of the few Husker fans that do not like Iowa as Nebraska's main rival. It is not a game I look forward to, and they are not a program I care about at all.

When NU first joined the B1G, I was really hoping that Penn St. would be the Black Friday game. No one cares about Nebraska-Iowa the day after Thanksgiving. It is not a nationally relevant game and does nothing for Nebraska's brand. However, it definitely hurts Nebraska's brand every time they lose that game. Which they have regularly over the past several years. And it greatly annoys me.

I am really hoping with the new additions to the conference, that Nebraska can get something going with either UCLA or Washington, since NU has a long history playing both schools.

But Oklahoma will always remain the top rival.
this is likely a function of time. youngsters don't remember how great that friday afternoon was for a national audience when top 10s' dr. tom and switzer lit it up.

c6ecaa00fe854c885ee2099178e57f04--barry-switzer-tom-osborne.jpg

I don’t in any sense see Iowa as a ‘ rival’ … just a team that has recently owned us
the only team other than N with a primary presence on this board seems to be iowa. that's the basis for my remark. rivals are often described as the team your school would least like to lose to. who would that be if not iowa? for k-state it is ku. it can't be ou for N, y'all don't play anymore.

Last edited:
the only team other than N with a primary presence on this board seems to be iowa. that's the basis for my remark. rivals are often described as the team your school would least like to lose to. who would that be if not iowa? for k-state it is ku. it can't be ou for N, y'all don't play anymore.
The hatred for Colorado is strong. And we have continued to play them semi-regularly. I wish that would continue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT