ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

Let’s tap the breaks a little. Nick Saban never had a losing season in college. Also, there’s been way more NFL head coaches that got fired in the NFL, came to college and sucked then there were Nick Saban success stories. We had one that sucked named Bill. Can we just hope for a good season vs pretending Rhule is the next coming? geeze… one step at a time please.
You don't have to drink the Koolaid or wear the rose colored glasses. Doesn't mean other people can't. Lighten up Francis it's the off season.

Let’s tap the breaks a little. Nick Saban never had a losing season in college. Also, there’s been way more NFL head coaches that got fired in the NFL, came to college and sucked then there were Nick Saban success stories. We had one that sucked named Bill. Can we just hope for a good season vs pretending Rhule is the next coming? geeze… one step at a time please.
My point is that the NFL and College are two different things requiring two different skill sets. So NFL coaches coming to college and failing underscores my point.

Not how I read his post at all. If guys like Saban and Meyer can suck in the NFL, the fact that Rhule sucked in the NFL is less of an indictment against him than the troll poster made it out to be.

Doesn’t make Rhule great, just shows that NFL is far different from college.

My memory's not the greatest, but I think when Pete Carroll arrived at USC he created more of an open and family friendly environment where visitors were welcome at practices and the atmosphere was just a bit different than at other places. I kind of get that vibe from hearing stories coming out of Lincoln. I hope it translates into similar successes.

My memory's not the greatest, but I think when Pete Carroll arrived at USC he created more of an open and family friendly environment where visitors were welcome at practices and the atmosphere was just a bit different than at other places. I kind of get that vibe from hearing stories coming out of Lincoln. I hope it translates into similar successes.
That and they bought the players parents houses.

I don't know about Pete Carroll but the welcoming culture is definitely more important in these days of the transfer portal. You only have to look at which schools suffered the most and the least from players entering the portal this Spring. I'm sure a study would show a correlation with how the players view the culture of the school and the amount of transfers.

Doesn't Dawson have a Raiola connection? I thought I remember reading somewhere once that Dawson's mom and Dylan's mom know each other or were friends - something like that. Maybe I'm thinking of a different person. But if so it would seem like Dylan would also be a key player in this recruitment story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT