ADVERTISEMENT

WOW - Barfnecht takes a belated chunk out of the Pelini coaching hide

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Bo also said he doesn't apologize. Then did, more than once.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Those apologies didn't count because I don't think I ever saw a sincere apology from the guy. Coerced apologies don't count.

I have no problem with the article. My distaste for Bo trumps any lackluster feelings I have for Barfy.

I have lost a lot of respect for TO. He is one of the best football coaches to ever walk the field, but in the administrative field he was sub par. He did a couple things right by firing Callahan and moving Nebraska to the B1G while we still had a little national influence, but I cannot think of much more. The fact that he presided over this mess and still defends it to this day is a head scratcher. On the bright side, the will be a fresh case study for business schools to illustrate the Peter Principle.

I'm with you guys. Whatever the reporter; this should make the Pelini camp think about lobbing more crap back at us ( snipe ). Or maybe it will still be what you can get away with; rather than owning up

Originally posted by B1G RED RULES:
I have lost a lot of respect for TO. He is one of the best football coaches to ever walk the field, but in the administrative field he was sub par. He did a couple things right by firing Callahan and moving Nebraska to the B1G while we still had a little national influence, but I cannot think of much more. The fact that he presided over this mess and still defends it to this day is a head scratcher. On the bright side, the will be a fresh case study for business schools to illustrate the Peter Principle.
Thank you. I have said he is the worst adminstrator in the country for a long time. Now some are starting to see there was a lot of teeth to that statement and it wasn't just hatred for a man who was clearly a butthurt, bitter old cook.

Originally posted by TheBeav815:
Originally posted by cubsker:

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Originally posted by cubsker:

that's always the argument. if you get a call from TO or a booster, then write an article about that. What are they so afraid of? Barfy doesn't need access anyway given the topics he writes on. My guess is that he's fed the kind of stuff he wrote about today from sources he's developed over the years so the university really can't do a thing to him. I'd love to see the reaction if TO, the AD, Pelini, or anyone tried to cut off OWH access. That would last all of five minutes.
It's always the truth hence why it's the answer. You assume nobody has written about it, it still has to pass their editor to go to print. Barf has been vocal about Pelini for awhile now, this isn't anything new, he just does it a different way. Regardless, although you're right about the topics he chooses to write about, he is still employed by the OWH and the OWH needs access to the program. It's happened before, and lasted longer than 5 minutes.
I'm yet to see the Barfy or Shatel article detailing calls from boosters, regents, TO, or how their access is going to be revoked if they don't play ball. The Daily Nebraskan, sure, but no one really cares about their access. The OWH would be a different story if Shatel wrote about that. And it's not like anything earth shattering was ever shared anyway. What did the OWH's access really get them (or us)? Maybe some recruiting stuff for Sam. The rest is all BS puff pieces where the LJS and OWH basically write the same story on the same player (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). Maybe those puff pieces still sell papers, but to me, there's no journalistic integrity when you withhold information for years to get your access and then drop that information when it's safe and now worthless. ymmv
The stories are out there. I've heard it alluded to on multiple occasions that if you wrote a piece casting the team in an unflattering light, you could expect Bo to make your phone ring and light you up for it.
so what? That would make for another hilarious article if I were the reporter. I'd probably tape my calls (if that's legal without the other party's consent in Nebraska).

Originally posted by dinglefritz:

Originally posted by nufaninouland:

The article says more about Barfnecht than it does about Pelini.

Pelini is gone. Because he didn't win enough and hated Eichorst. Enough said.

Riley will be judged on wins and losses, not smiles and gee whizzes.

And Barfnecht will be as irrelevant as ever.
chairshot.r191677.gif
Nope. Still preaching the truth to the rose-colored glass wearing masses. And hoping that Riley works out, and waiting to see if the usual cast of characters wigs out if he struggles.

My general perception of barfnecht is he is an ass, and this was a huge swipe at pelini, but all true, and it was a pretty good article.

Originally posted by suhnami:
My general perception of barfnecht is he is an ass, and this was a huge swipe at pelini, but all true, and it was a pretty good article.
I always have thought Lee was kind of smug but in general he thinks before he hits the keyboard. He is a very objective reporter to a fault and sometimes that doesn't go over well with the Red Robed Robots.

My problem with the reporter; is for years he seemed to write like he wanted a job somewhere else. His background early seemed to be, that we were a good first job. I like suhnami, fair statement. Dinglefritz; you have really moved back to being enjoyable since the regime change ; not commenting on your knowledge; I am upset with myself, that support for the program helped bo dupe me so bad - seems he was negative and ok with things, not learning. ...... This was a great article imo; someone with some moxie had to shut down the early potshots from little Ohio; history was going to be rewritten as the troupe tried to rebuild careers. We had some good coaches; The N on the helmet and a lot of support got us in a position - but bo was a horrible head coach; imagine anyone running a small business or professional office and allowing or leading in such a way.

Originally posted by dockentwo:
My problem with the reporter; is for years he seemed to write like he wanted a job somewhere else. His background early seemed to be, that we were a good first job. I like suhnami, fair statement. Dinglefritz; you have really moved back to being enjoyable since the regime change ; not commenting on your knowledge; I am upset with myself, that support for the program helped bo dupe me so bad - seems he was negative and ok with things, not learning. ...... This was a great article imo; someone with some moxie had to shut down the early potshots from little Ohio; history was going to be rewritten as the troupe tried to rebuild careers. We had some good coaches; The N on the helmet and a lot of support got us in a position - but bo was a horrible head coach; imagine anyone running a small business or professional office and allowing or leading in such a way.
We all get to have our opinions about how we thought the "show" was run under BP.

In some ways Nebraska Football is a small corporation. But in other ways it is not. You are trying to convince 18-23 year olds to risk their health for something. Some of those kids are marginal athletes, some are marginal scholars. But you have to motivate them all to do both. Every coach has his own way of doing that.

We will see if Riley's methods work better than Pelini's. At this point the jury is still out on Riley. And an accurate perspective on Pelini will take some time, IMHO.

Originally posted by dockentwo:
IMO, and the only way I can justify Tom's unwavering support for Bo, Tom felt immense loyalty to some of the assistants on Bo's staff especially Ron, Barney and Garrison. Some of the things that Bo did could not have sat well with Tom. Some people try to say that the Bo we saw on game days was not the real Bo. In fact I know from first hand accounts that he dealt with people at times in a similar manner outside of game day. Youngstown should have been Bo's first head coaching job not his second. Hindsight is 20/20. He was in no way shape or form ready for a job like NU and unfortunately he didn't seem very receptive to mentoring.

ADVERTISEMENT