ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday, May 22nd Nebraska vs. Purdue (Huskers win 6-2)

I assume they will host it going forward unless Charles Schwab doesn't want to host, which I don't see happening.
I sometimes wonder if people forget just how tiny the crowds have been in other venues. I saw Husker fans trying to claim last night's crowd was terrible, but I was there and thought considering it was 8 p.m. on a Tuesday and we had entire streets around town completely underwater, it was pretty good. The team just came out and played awful and killed the atmosphere.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I sometimes wonder if people forget just how tiny the crowds have been in other venues. I saw Husker fans trying to claim last night's crowd was terrible, but I was there and thought considering it was 8 p.m. on a Tuesday and we had entire streets around town completely underwater, it was pretty good. The team just came out and played awful and killed the atmosphere.

Agreed, Omaha has the best attendance plus it is a central location for a coast to coast conference. It makes sense to keep it there.

I was wondering if there is a contract between Schwab and Big Ten beyond this year for the baseball tournament? I think the answer is no, but thought someone here my might know for sure

Reactions: HuskersNC
Agreed, Omaha has the best attendance plus it is a central location for a coast to coast conference. It makes sense to keep it there.

I was wondering if there is a contract between Schwab and Big Ten beyond this year for the baseball tournament? I think the answer is no, but thought someone here my might know for sure
Yeah I made the mistake of wading through social media and just noticed a bunch of people claiming there were, and I quote, "17 people" at the game 🤣

I was trying to find any contract info myself yesterday but came up empty. All I found was the 2016 agreement to keep it here "through 2022", not very helpful :[

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I assume they will host it going forward unless Charles Schwab doesn't want to host, which I don't see happening.
The bartender told me last night she will be super sad if it doesn’t come back. I hope she has some pull.

As far as I know, the teams all still want it here because-duh-it’s the mecca of college baseball, hotels are convenient, etc. It makes even more sense with the West Coast teams being added in 2025. Illinois/Indiana/Ohio are no longer central locations.

However, I fully expect the league to try somewhere else next year. Because, why not?

Yeah I made the mistake of wading through social media and just noticed a bunch of people claiming there were, and I quote, "17 people" at the game 🤣

I was trying to find any contract info myself yesterday but came up empty. All I found was the 2016 agreement to keep it here "through 2022", not very helpful :[
I do believe that’s the most recent contract and “through 2022” became “through 2024” because there weren’t tournaments in 2020 and 2021.

It would have been nice to take advantage of the opportunities to deliver a knockout blow in the middle innings, but no complaints.

Who do we want Friday? I say Ohio State.

It would have been nice to take advantage of the opportunities to deliver a knockout blow in the middle innings, but no complaints.

Who do we want Friday? I say Ohio State.
It’s tough because I feel it is more likely to beat Ohio State twice on Saturday than trying to beat Indiana twice on Saturday. So I’d almost prefer Indiana on Friday in an odd way.

It’s tough because I feel it is more likely to beat Ohio State twice on Saturday than trying to beat Indiana twice on Saturday. So I’d almost prefer Indiana on Friday in an odd way.
I'm not sure it matters, because pitching is not reliable and the bats don't seem capable of winning a slugfest? Oh well, at least they didn't go 0-2 😮‍💨

I'm not sure it matters, because pitching is not reliable and the bats don't seem capable of winning a slugfest? Oh well, at least they didn't go 0-2 😮‍💨
I don’t ever look at it that way. Not a doom and gloom guy. If it doesn’t matter to me then I just wouldn’t be a fan.

Ok but this is like thinking a dog can drive a truck full of explosives across a treacherous mountain pass without blowing up.
I don't get that analogy to be honest. I see it day to day so maybe it is the coach or old player in me. I don't take it as "we won't win because [fill in blank]," but rather play my odds and see what happens. We won a game, now I do what I can to win Friday, then I worry about Saturday morning, then I worry about Saturday afternoon, etc. All that while keeping my setup for the regional as the top priority.

For example, if we needed to win the tourney to get into a regional or potentially host I pitch Sears Tuesday and even the championship game if we made it. But knowing we are in a regional and locked in as a 2 seed I take the exact approach Bolt is taking and try to just win a couple minimum and if we somehow won the tourney title then awesome. Everyone on staff knows we will need to win some high scoring games or find a pitcher on fire like Christo to win an extended tourney though.

I consider doom and gloom to be more of a fan personality thing which is fine but I approach the "what is possible" like a coach/player so it may just be engrained.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT