ADVERTISEMENT

walter pitchford - will committ to NU??

icedragon

Walk On
Mar 17, 2004
according to Robin Washut has confirmed that Nebraska will host Walter Pitchford. Pitchford originally committed to Depaul in 2009, but was released from his letter of intent. he then opted for a 5 years at a MI prep school, before comitting to Florida. He played only 22 minutes in 13 of 37 games. he was rated a 3 star prospect by rivials coming out of HS. he was given a rating of 89/100. below are some links to Pitchford.

Florida gators relese http://www.onlygators.com/tag/walter-pitchford/

scouting report on pitchford. http://www.insidethehall.com/2011/01/09/scouting-report-2011-forward-walter-pitchford/

This post was edited on 6/3 3:25 PM by icedragon

This post was edited on 6/3 3:33 PM by icedragon

Re: walter pitchford

So does he have to sit? Or can he play next year? Im imagining he has to sit? What are your opinions on whether we land him or not?

1. no he dose not have to sit. he is elegible right away, do to a family hardship exemption. that is the really good news. I looked around on some boards about him and there was something mentioned about him being #38 in the country. idk if we can land him, given what we have to offer it is a real possiblity. He needs to be near his family, his G-Pa is ill. His family is in Michigan and I don't think a Michigan school has made an offer. close is relative. closer to MI is the operative word, closer the florida. I think we have a decent shot, I think he will play right away and that is a plus for us. our facilities help out a lot and miles is a pretty decent recuiter so far. If he land this guy. this might be the best class in a decade.

Did not have the best of stats last year, so hopefully can improve.

I actually hope he does have to sit out if he transfers to NU, because it sounds like the kid has a long way to go. Good athlete with size, but needs to get stronger and try to learn the game. Offensively, he's not far different from Coleman, the former JC recruit. But Pitchford sounds like he has good potential.

He may need someone to really stay on him at Nebraska if he's going to reach his potential.

This post was edited on 6/1 7:23 AM by Dean Pope

He is physically gifted and a proven scorer. Nebraska desperately needs guys like this who can add size and points to the team. Hopefully he will like what he sees in Lincoln and commit!

you forget he was at Florida, A power house of SEC basketball. He was a freshmen, and there is no way a freshmen starts there. This is a 2x national championship program. He starts if he come here.

Florida had a good team. Yes. The SEC isn't a great conference though. Top heavy, but not a great basketball conference. We'll see as far as how quickly the kid can play. If there's no one ahead of him, he could play right away. All I'm saying is that out of high school, he was raw offensively. Depending on what Miles wants to ask a post to do, he could be ready to play. By all accounts though, he is long and athletic. That right there is a good start.

How would you like to see Agau and Pitchford in the same lineup. NU's version of the twin towers.

ADVERTISEMENT