ADVERTISEMENT

Vucetic

jieder

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2009
Nebraska has a 7' center from Serbia named Vucetic. Is he scheduled for a red-shirt year this year or is he just way behind ability-wise to play/contribute this year? The Box Scores indicate he hasn't played yet this year. Anyone know his status?

The Southern Box score shows that he played 1 minute in that game. Valpo shows 0+ and UNO doesn't show him at all. I am positive that I saw him in at the end of the 1st half of the Valpo game, but am not positive.

Repeat question. Anyone know whether he can contribute this year? Rumors on how he looks in practice, etc.?

Originally posted by kaz36:

The Southern Box score shows that he played 1 minute in that game. Valpo shows 0+ and UNO doesn't show him at all. I am positive that I saw him in at the end of the 1st half of the Valpo game, but am not positive.
Still has a chance to come down with some crazy "season ending injury" and redshirt as long as he doesn't play in more than 20% of the team's games
wink.r191677.gif

He played in the first game, but only a few minutes. Miles said he was taken to the hospital for a heart issue. Sounded like he was not in immediate danger, but nothing was further elaborated.

So the quirky season ending injury is still a likely possibility

Originally posted by jieder:
Nebraska has a 7' center from Serbia named Vucetic. Is he scheduled for a red-shirt year this year or is he just way behind ability-wise to play/contribute this year? The Box Scores indicate he hasn't played yet this year. Anyone know his status?
He has played in two games. 1 minute in one, and about 40 seconds in the other. He did go to the hospital, but he is okay and can play. Miles has stated he has a long ways to go in terms of conditioning and being able to contribute. I think he should at least be getting some playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT