ADVERTISEMENT

UFC 190

No man would step in the octagon with her. One moment you bust her nose wide open and the next you're worse than a lion hunter. Career-ender for beating down a woman, no matter how good she is, and she is one of a kind.

My question is, who is man enough to marry her?

Dillashaw Cruz Assuncao would kill her. If she fought a man at her weight it would need to be a non ranked guy

Maybe so. Maybe not. I think having her be allowed to rehydrate at the normal weigh in. And her male opponent has to make his weight one hour before the fight. There would be no shame in her losing in a title bout. But her skill set makes that fight a more legitimate fight then the women she fights now.

Fighting a guy is a horrible idea. First off it turns it into a side show. Second, if she was to lose then whats the point?

They will have to pull a guy out of the crowd, because if she fights a guy with MMA experience, she is going to get bloodied very quickly. And I mean 34 seconds quickly..

Dillashaw Cruz Assuncao would kill her. If she fought a man at her weight it would need to be a non ranked guy

This. We all saw what TJ did to RB. I love Ronda, but TJ or even DJ at fly weight would turn her out. It'd be brutal and would ruin the UFC. Ronda is going to have to be content with what she has.

They will have to pull a guy out of the crowd, because if she fights a guy with MMA experience, she is going to get bloodied very quickly. And I mean 34 seconds quickly..

Basically what I'm saying. No one who is a legit fighter would face her hence it turning into a side show. One if she wins, their career is over. Two, if she lost we go back to where we are now with likely something that will be slammed in the media and everywhere else HARD. Yes, she's great at what she does but it does no good to Dana White, Ronda or anyone else in MMA for her to fight anyone other than the line of girls who want to get beat up on by her.

Everyone has to realize that her future is on tv and movies. Not in the UFC. Nothing will change that. And then UFC will have to wait for the next hot chick to be good at this stuff for anyone to care about women in UFC again.

Absolutely disagree. She'd destroy 95% of the men walking the earth. She'd probably go 50/50 against an unranked fighter.

She is still 135 pounds. Where would you find a guy at that weight?

Nope, she wouldn't fight a guy out of the crowd. I agree. But she would get owned by a guy very quickly. It's about muscle mass. She would not be able to withstand a flurry of punches by a guy. Out cold...quickly.

Everyone has to realize that her future is on tv and movies. Not in the UFC. Nothing will change that. And then UFC will have to wait for the next hot chick to be good at this stuff for anyone to care about women in UFC again.

I have to disagree here. Maybe for the casual fight fan, but there are some real superstars coming up in Women's fighting, especially in the fly weight division.

Nope, she wouldn't fight a guy out of the crowd. I agree. But she would get owned by a guy very quickly. It's about muscle mass. She would not be able to withstand a flurry of punches by a guy. Out cold...quickly.

You're so wrong it's not even worth discussing. Go roll with an established female fighter then come back. Your tune should change quickly.

RR walls around at 155 or so. I weigh 185 and train in a variety of martial arts 2-3 days a week and if I lasted 1 minute with her, is be proud of myself. That's the honest truth.

Reactions: newAD

This is what makes her so dangerous against ANYONE! She trains with bigger men who are very skilled and takes a beating. That is what makes a fighter a beast and Ronda is all beast!

The average male who doesn't know how to throw a punch, and has no training would get destroyed by her once she got a hold of him. The only chance the average schmo would have against her is to land a lucky punch. Being well past my prime and outweighing her by 80 pounds, I'm smart enough to realize that if she got me on the mat, I'd be screwed, so better knock her out.

She'd obviously have problems with some guy twice her weight or more. She'd also have problems with a guy who has boxing experience who could use reach and keep her away to the point she couldn't grapple and us her judo training. Also, large males with wrestling and judo/jujitsu experience would give her problems on the mat.

I agree that is she did fight a man and got lit up, or worse, severely injured the public outcry, especially from those who have zero training, and never did anything resembling a match, would be out of control.

I also feel her window of being relevant is closing fast. Relevant in the sense that people are not going to shell out the cash to watch her destroy someone.

The longer she stays around the more the reputation of women's MMA will be, "It's Rousey and everyone else." If she walks away, it will take years before the public will feel that any champion is worthy of that title. It's a tough spot for her and the sport, at least for women.

th

Reckon I like them ring girls what totes them numbered cards.

Reactions: Husk10
Maybe so. Maybe not. I think having her be allowed to rehydrate at the normal weigh in. And her male opponent has to make his weight one hour before the fight. There would be no shame in her losing in a title bout. But her skill set makes that fight a more legitimate fight then the women she fights now.

Not against those 3 guys.

"If we're just talking about what in the realm of possibilities is possible about who I could beat, I could beat 100 percent of them," she replied. "But you can't tell me there's a zero percent chance I can't beat anyone on the planet, so I'm never going to say that."

Ronda Rousey

forman-anim.gif

George Forman changed history in one second against a younger and faster fighter who was the Heavywieght Champion. He was taking a huge beating round after round till that fateful second. Ronda has a skill set that is as devastating as a George Forman right hand. God help a fighter that takes her lightly cause he'll end up with an unforseen loss like Michael.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...hter-who-could-beat-ufc-champion-ronda-rousey

I agree with some of this article. I do think it will take someone who is quick enough with the legs to keep her at some distance, and someone who just out classes her with the fists (the way Rousey does on the mat) to stand a chance against her.

I'm not sure anyone can hope to go the distance with that strategy. IMO she'd have to hope for a KO. As a very wise old Korean Grand Master I knew would say, "When a judo man gets a hold of a Tae Kwon Do man, it's all over."

I could see Rousey, against the perfect opponent, who fights the perfect fight, getting a KO, because Rousey is fearless, and there would be opportunities to deliver a KO, but the question is, can anyone actually do it? Can anyone actually keep her away long enough, and deal with her aggression, not to metion what she'd do in the clinch and mat?

Time will tell.

I just read that article as well. I'd forgotten about Holm as a contender cause she's looked so average in her first two fights. But, she does have big fight experience, so that is a positive. I also agree with you that Holm will have to throw the perfect kick (I don't think a single punch will do it) as RR comes in, for Holm to beat her.

This is the similar to the ridiculous conversation of "How many NFL teams can Alabama beat?" She would get rag dolled by trained male fighters. She is fantastic at her craft, in her sport. Thats good enough.

You're so wrong it's not even worth discussing. Go roll with an established female fighter then come back. Your tune should change quickly.

RR walls around at 155 or so. I weigh 185 and train in a variety of martial arts 2-3 days a week and if I lasted 1 minute with her, is be proud of myself. That's the honest truth.

She's listed at 5' 7" 135 lbs. If they are 'underweighting' her for promotional reasons, I would understand it. But 135-155 lbs is a lot different than 225 lbs. Especially when the lighter fighter is a female. Muscle mass makes a big difference, and genetically men and women are dramatically different. If the heavier guy had a modicum of knowledge of wrestling...he could take her down to the ground fairly easily. And when he got her down on the ground, she would be done for.

I've seen her punches, and if she fought a lower weight men's fighter, she would get destroyed. The punches arrive at their target at dramatically different speeds.

You've got to be kidding, right? If so you may want to consider a different sport. She would get owned by any man in the professional ranks, regardless of weight class.

Rover, she'd be out in 30 seconds against Dillashaw.

You've got to be kidding, right? If so you may want to consider a different sport. She would get owned by any man in the professional ranks, regardless of weight class.

Rover, she'd be out in 30 seconds against Dillashaw.

Ha! Ok, pal. Go read Joe Rogan's quote about RR. People think she is just some basic girl. She's not. Honestly, you think you could take her?

Ha! Ok, pal. Go read Joe Rogan's quote about RR. People think she is just some basic girl. She's not. Honestly, you think you could take her?

Yeah, because Joe Rogen certainly wouldn't be trying to promote a product, would he? Sheesh.. Folks, here is the person that IS interested in the Nebraska ocean front property we've heard about being for sale.

Yeah, because Joe Rogen certainly wouldn't be trying to promote a product, would he? Sheesh.. Folks, here is the person that IS interested in the Nebraska ocean front property we've heard about being for sale.

That's just one example. If you're interested in furthering to defend an incorrect point, go find evidence to support this specific topic or go to a gym, take a BJJ or Muay Thai class. Then pick out the best girl and spar or role with her.

I'm done talking about this with people who have no idea what they are talking about. It's mind numbing.

That's just one example. If you're interested in furthering to defend an incorrect point, go find evidence to support this specific topic or go to a gym, take a BJJ or Muay Thai class. Then pick out the best girl and spar or role with her.

I'm done talking about this with people who have no idea what they are talking about. It's mind numbing.

I think it's a good choice that you quit discussing it. You're embarrassing yourself. An MMA guy close to her weight would destroy her as quickly as she won Saturday night...period.

I think it's a good choice that you quit discussing it. You're embarrassing yourself. An MMA guy close to her weight would destroy her as quickly as she won Saturday night...period.

I've decided to reopen this because I cannot stand you.

Read all my posts before you act like an idiot. A top flight guy, ranked in the top 30 would beat RR. lower ranked guys, guys competing in regional circuits, etc. would most likely not.

Guys all hopped up on themselves, like you, would get destroyed.

Here is what I said on page 1.

This. We all saw what TJ did to RB. I love Ronda, but TJ or even DJ at fly weight would turn her out. It'd be brutal and would ruin the UFC. Ronda is going to have to be content with what she has.

Now, go away. You're not qualified to discuss this topic. You don't even understand how weight classes or cutting weight works. "underweighting for promotional purposes'? What does that even mean?

She's listed at 5' 7" 135 lbs. If they are 'underweighting' her for promotional reasons, I would understand it. But 135-155 lbs is a lot different than 225 lbs. Especially when the lighter fighter is a female. Muscle mass makes a big difference, and genetically men and women are dramatically different. If the heavier guy had a modicum of knowledge of wrestling...he could take her down to the ground fairly easily. And when he got her down on the ground, she would be done for.

I've seen her punches, and if she fought a lower weight men's fighter, she would get destroyed. The punches arrive at their target at dramatically different speeds.

Ok. Now I'm done. At least until somebody says something stupid.

I've decided to reopen this because I cannot stand you.

Read all my posts before you act like an idiot. A top flight guy, ranked in the top 30 would beat RR. lower ranked guys, guys competing in regional circuits, etc. would most likely not.

Guys all hopped up on themselves, like you, would get destroyed.

Here is what I said on page 1.

Now, go away. You're not qualified to discuss this topic. You don't even understand how weight classes or cutting weight works. "underweighting for promotional purposes'? What does that even mean?

Ok. Now I'm done. At least until somebody says something stupid.

It's funny...I don't care enough about your opinion to let it bother me that much. Sorry I'm under your skin, but if you don't even understand the concept of listing someone's weight at less than it is (underweighting) and why that would promote RR more than listing her at 155, I can't help you.

I would agree that the Top 30 guys in her weight range would tool her, and that she might beat lower ranked regional guys in her weight class. But if a guy had some wrestling experience and weighed in the 200+ range, he would take her down quickly, and would put an end to the hype. The difference in levels of strength would be dramatic.

To give you an idea of the strength differences, there is a study of the group strength of 1,654 healthy men and 533 healthy women aged 20-25 years. In this study 90% of the women had a weaker grip strength than 95% of the men, meaning only 5% of the men scored below even the Top women. In another study, women's upper body strength was only 53% of their male counterparts, and their lower body strength was only 66% of men.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT