ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn's ban in FB & MBB, NU's gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NU will be awful this year, Creighton should win easy. But I also thought that a few years ago, I guess that's why they play the game.

Biggs has plenty of time to make it here still. He was going to RS this year so even if he wouldn't get done what he needs too, he has time.

The guys Miles just got had some nice BCS offers, so to say they are mid-major type guys isn't exactly accurate. So if going against Mid Majors is a joke, isn't that kind of a slap in the face of the Jays? You do realize they are mid-major correct? I know you like to think of your team as a great powerhouse when all reality they are a nice mid-major, no more, no less.

Also, how do you figure he recruits mid-major guys? Look at the list of offers that he has been going after. A lot of 4 and 5 stat players. Will he get them? Who knows. But to say he isn't recruiting them is completely inaccurate. But then again, you knew this already as you are on the AAU scene.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Easter eggs to prepare for this upcoming Easter.

Is Minnesota and a National Championship coach a "Mid-Major" recruit? Because Miles got him to verbally commit. Just curious. Thanks for you response.

You want to wager this still? You never answered. Again, as bad as Doc was, he still beat them 3 out of 6 times.

huskerbaseball13, you beat me to it. I'm sure he will make some excuse to us that his "AAU connections" told him differently. Now, we just need to somehow sign Akoy and his head may explode.

As I said to him earlier, who knows what Miles will do at NU, but I have a good, good feeling about this guy. I think he has a way of bringing in talent. Once you bring some guys in to see the top notch facilities we are putting in place, I think it may blow guys away and Miles will use his quick humor and "plan" that he has used everywhere else to get them to come be a part of something special.

In 4 months Miles has impressed me more with how he has gotten NU's name in the National scene more than Collier/Sadler did in 12 years.

So, twincities, am I still an idiot? Just checking.

Thanks in advance!

These were my favorite twincitie comments:

"Fyi biggs wont make it to lincoln from a very reliable source....Lazy student thats why creighton stop recruiting him a long time ago he would make Braylon Heard look like a genius."

At which huskerbaseball replied to something in regards that he would make it.

Twincities comes back with his "easy money" comment.

Today, Biggs is in.

Twincities also said Tubby is gonna get Fuller.

NU got him.

Then twincities said Fuller is a mid-major guy, right after mentioned Minnesota (confused apparently).

Everybody following along? Guys like twincitie make me feel VERY good about myself and my IQ. Thanks pal.

huskertim you called me a punk I bet if you seen me face to face you wouldnt okay so what I was wrong who gives a shit...When Nebraska basketball makes the dance and wins a game then talk shit husker basketball is a joke and will be for awhile....HUSKERTIMOMAHA whats your email buddy I would love to have a face to face.Come on Tim lets set something up dont punk out...Since I lost the bet with HB13 what do I have to do im a man of my word....but TIM seriously lets make it happen been called alot of things never a punk...

Originally posted by twincitieshusker:

huskertim you called me a punk I bet if you seen me face to face you wouldnt okay so what I was wrong who gives a shit...When Nebraska basketball makes the dance and wins a game then talk shit husker basketball is a joke and will be for awhile....HUSKERTIMOMAHA whats your email buddy I would love to have a face to face.Come on Tim lets set something up dont punk out...Since I lost the bet with HB13 what do I have to do im a man of my word....but TIM seriously lets make it happen been called alot of things never a punk...
Somebody doesn't like the fact that they were wrong. LOL!!!! I think this would be a good place to use the term "butthurt".
This post was edited on 8/21 8:32 AM by kaz36

Originally posted by nubball2:
These were my favorite twincitie comments:

"Fyi biggs wont make it to lincoln from a very reliable source....Lazy student thats why creighton stop recruiting him a long time ago he would make Braylon Heard look like a genius."

At which huskerbaseball replied to something in regards that he would make it.

Twincities comes back with his "easy money" comment.

Today, Biggs is in.

Twincities also said Tubby is gonna get Fuller.

NU got him.

Then twincities said Fuller is a mid-major guy, right after mentioned Minnesota (confused apparently).

Everybody following along? Guys like twincitie make me feel VERY good about myself and my IQ. Thanks pal.

TCHusker is batting about the same percentage as nothingkevin.

Raise of hands who didn't see the "we have never won an NCAA game" before comment coming after this guy is wrong...AGAIN? Ok, you can all put your hands down.

Where did any of us say NU is a great basketball team? You said things would happen, they didn't, you were wrong...AGAIN. Period.

My prediction is that in a few years we are dancing with what Miles is going to do. Again, purely speculation, but something about this guy gives me a LOT of hope. He seems to have that "it" factor in finding talent. He has won wherever he has gone and has done it by bringing programs from the dead (ala NU). Only time will tell obviously, but as a Husker fan, I am looking forward to seeing what Miles can do. Already in the 4 months he has been here he has done some great things to get NU's name out there. The Jason King follow along, signing the 3 year deal with ESPN for the tourneys, getting Biggs to come back, beating out some quality teams to find Fuller and Hawkins. I am REALLY hopeful we can sign Tai Webster as that kid looks like he would be a diamond in the rought. Then somehow, someway get Akoy to stay (which would be tough). But the fact that we are getting him to even visit and show recruits on campus is much more than we can say about Doc or Collier. Plus he brought in a transfer from Florida and Texas Tech within weeks on the job.

I'm excited to see what the future has to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT