ADVERTISEMENT

Tweet from Mykelle McDaniel

Exactly, so then the point of someone pointing him out as the exception is pretty lame.

Well if he stayed a 5.6 with that offer list he would be the exception, so "someone" pointing that out isnt real lame now is it? But I do agree with the rest of your comments, the people bashing ppl like you and I for stating we need double digit highly ranked studs each class in order to compete with Bama, OSU etc. Apparently dont understand our recruiting this century has been filled with tons of 3*s and very few 4*s that panned out. Thus we have had the worst years of Husker football trophy wise. So in order to change that we either have to have the best coach in history to coach up all these lesser athletes or get a good coach and great recruiter at the same time. I hope Riley and staff are that combo.

It's not the year that they win it. It's the 5 years before that matter right? The teams that are winning aren't pulling in a bunch of low ranked recruits.

Do you call it a coincidence that the teams that recruit like that year in and year out are competitive on a national scale? I don't.

It's a fact that the teams like Alabama, Oregon, Florida St., Ohio St, etc are recruiting better. Unless you're saying that you want to go the Baylor or TCU route? But if we do that we'll get killed in the Big 10.

Would you say it is a fact that teams with higher rated recruits do better than teams with lower rated recruits?

I said the exact same thing in the bolded. Classes is plural, so it's the recruiting classes over a number of years that make up a single year's team. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

I'm aware it's a fact, and I didn't dispute that the teams winning the most are also winning on the recruiting trail...and not always in that order. I saw posted somewhere else the recruiting classes of the recent champions. Ohio State ranged 2nd - 11th. Florida State 2nd - 10th. Alabama had a bunch of 1st's and one 5th. Auburn was the outlier with a 19th and 20th in there.

I guess I was asking where the specific cut off of 15 5.7's came from. Again, I've seen the class rank numbers used a lot in the past, but this emphasis on a certain number of recruits at/above a certain rank is new to me.

I said the exact same thing in the bolded. Classes is plural, so it's the recruiting classes over a number of years that make up a single year's team. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

I'm aware it's a fact, and I didn't dispute that the teams winning the most are also winning on the recruiting trail...and not always in that order. I saw posted somewhere else the recruiting classes of the recent champions. Ohio State ranged 2nd - 11th. Florida State 2nd - 10th. Alabama had a bunch of 1st's and one 5th. Auburn was the outlier with a 19th and 20th in there.

I guess I was asking where the specific cut off of 15 5.7's came from. Again, I've seen the class rank numbers used a lot in the past, but this emphasis on a certain number of recruits at/above a certain rank is new to me.

I misread the bold. I thought it was saying the year they win it they get the good class. Whoops.

Based on the rivals system and how the top teams recruit there seems to be a significant difference in the players who are 5.7 vs 5.6 but less of a difference between the 5.7s and 5.8s.

Read on another site a sum up of an article on 247. Essentially, the NCAA has told MB he cannot come for summer because he never enrolled in summer classes. Now he has to wait until the final week of summer to arrive at NU. So he'll be here, but misses a lot of time with S&C and summer "practices".

Yea, just saw the article from 247, MB says he has to wait untill the second summer session to start which is July 13th. Says hes coming up the wknd before. Hopefully he makes it and the previous rumors were wrong

Reactions: Husk10
Read on another site a sum up of an article on 247. Essentially, the NCAA has told MB he cannot come for summer because he never enrolled in summer classes. Now he has to wait until the final week of summer to arrive at NU. So he'll be here, but misses a lot of time with S&C and summer "practices".

That's better news than him not making it at all...I'll take it. It probably means he will redshirt but will be happy to have him on campus.

Reactions: headcard and Husk10
The issue was the belief he wouldn't make it up for the next summer session starting on July 13th and if he wasn't enrolled in a class by then, he wouldn't be able to participate in fall camp as you must be enrolled in classes to participate. However, there is information on another board that he will be up here by Monday... this information is current and most likely correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT