ADVERTISEMENT

Turned on the NBA for the first time this year.

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Watched about 3 minutes and now see Chicago fans cheering when an opponent goes down with a possible injury. Chicago fans gonna Chicago.

Watched about 3 minutes and now see Chicago fans cheering when an opponent goes down with a possible injury. Chicago fans gonna Chicago.

No different than many fans around the league, unfortunately.

I love that James hit the last shot. Just saw it on ESPN. Love the murdertown fans going dead silent.

So...you love LeBron James (Jordan's jock strap washer) you love ESPN (the world wide leader in over exposure of youth athletics) AND you love to watch a fan base suffer due to their high teenage murder rate? Stay classy bud

Why would you not like Lebron? Like, he seems like a 100 % genuinely nice guy. Do you just not like the hype he gets? Cause that's not his fault,

I thought they were cheering because they called a charge on him. But I am sure there were a lot cheering that he went down too.

Why would you not like Lebron? Like, he seems like a 100 % genuinely nice guy. Do you just not like the hype he gets? Cause that's not his fault,
If I loved Lebron, or the NBA for that matter. I would probably make an effort to watch more than 5 minutes of the NBA each year. Did murdertown offend you?

Reactions: tdj6969
So...you love LeBron James (Jordan's jock strap washer) you love ESPN (the world wide leader in over exposure of youth athletics) AND you love to watch a fan base suffer due to their high teenage murder rate? Stay classy bud

Bitter much? I live in Chicago and hope Lebron continues to dominate these sorry ass fans. Lebron had stardom thrust on him at a ridiculously young age, and he has handled it better than anyone I can remember......from any sport. Outside of an ill-conceived press conference at a boys and girls club, Lebron has handled his stardom and scrutiny incredibly well. Maybe he should punch Steve Kerr, rack up gambling debt, fail at baseball, and be an overall dick at his hall of fame induction....then folks would like him.

Your understanding of basketball is as strong as your people skills. The fans were cheering because James was called for a charge on the play.
That's why the cheering got way louder when he was down and clutching his ankle. You should probably stick to politics and 2nd ammendment stances. You are wrong on this one. Not surprised you took the bait here.

That's why the cheering got way louder when he was down and clutching his ankle. You should probably stick to politics and 2nd ammendment stances. You are wrong on this one. Not surprised you took the bait here.

The video demonstrates that you're incorrect. Crowd's reaction is to the ref signaling the offensive foul, their volume is never louder than in response to the foul call.

You'll keep arguing, but I think you said it best in the OP, you, "Turned on the NBA for the first time this year." So it's unsurprising that you don't know what you're talking about.

Bye now.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/10/8582479/lebron-james-injury-ankle-cavaliers-bulls-video

The video demonstrates that you're incorrect. Crowd's reaction is to the ref signaling the offensive foul, their volume is never louder than in response to the foul call.

You'll keep arguing, but I think you said it best in the OP, you, "Turned on the NBA for the first time this year." So it's unsurprising that you don't know what you're talking about.

Bye now.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/10/8582479/lebron-james-injury-ankle-cavaliers-bulls-video
The only thing that video does is prove me right. Murdertowm fans howling and cheering loudly as he is down longer. Thanks little guy. Back to handguns and jokes now.

You, Tim, I will discuss it with, because I believe that you actually watch the game and understand the customs of basketball. Give me the second marker on the video where you believe the fans are cheering louder and it's definitely because James is down.

I'm not even saying they wouldn't cheer him being hurt, I just don't think the evidence is there.

You, Tim, I will discuss it with, because I believe that you actually watch the game and understand the customs of basketball. Give me the second marker on the video where you believe the fans are cheering louder and it's definitely because James is down.

I'm not even saying they wouldn't cheer him being hurt, I just don't think the evidence is there.
I am sad I hurt your feelings. It is clear you can't get over it. Nobody should have to be offended (unless of course it is you slinging shit). I am truly sorry little guy. Please show me how to insult people, then backpeddle like a little boy by claiming it is all a joke. Oh crap, I am thinking this may hurt your precious feelings too. Let me guess, you are now "done with me", and then you will endlessly chime in on my posts and act offended... all while being "better" and "right". You are right, it is completely obvious you are a great person and always take the high road. Just know I am claiming all my posts towards you are jokes, buddy! That makes everything ok! It is the way to bitch out of words and confrontation! All jokes!

Give me the second marker on the video where you believe the fans are cheering louder and it's definitely because James is down.

That's not what I said. In my response, I put in bold the part I disagreed with, "their volume is never louder than in response to the foul call". Right before and during the PA announcer mentioning the timeout, the crowd is just as loud as when the foul happened.

As far as why it was louder it could be because of the foul, his injury, or going in to a timeout. A case could be made for each and for me, each case could be accurate.

That's not what I said. In my response, I put in bold the part I disagreed with, "their volume is never louder than in response to the foul call". Right before and during the PA announcer mentioning the timeout, the crowd is just as loud as when the foul happened.

As far as why it was louder it could be because of the foul, his injury, or going in to a timeout. A case could be made for each and for me, each case could be accurate.

We're in agreement. There's definitely a flourish when the timeout is announced, but I couldn't say without a visual readout of the loudness if it's greater than or equal to the response to the charge call.

I am sad I hurt your feelings. It is clear you can't get over it. Nobody should have to be offended (unless of course it is you slinging shit). I am truly sorry little guy. Please show me how to insult people, then backpeddle like a little boy by claiming it is all a joke. Oh crap, I am thinking this may hurt your precious feelings too. Let me guess, you are now "done with me", and then you will endlessly chime in on my posts and act offended... all while being "better" and "right". You are right, it is completely obvious you are a great person and always take the high road. Just know I am claiming all my posts towards you are jokes, buddy! That makes everything ok! It is the way to bitch out of words and confrontation! All jokes!

If I loved Lebron, or the NBA for that matter. I would probably make an effort to watch more than 5 minutes of the NBA each year. Did murdertown
The only thing that video does is prove me right. Murdertowm fans howling and cheering loudly as he is down longer. Thanks little guy. Back to handguns and jokes now.

Why is Chicago Murdertown?

Last edited:

Wow, digits and dots is one bitter, angry dude.

And such knowledge of the ebb and flow of the game, and series, with just three minutes of watch time beforehand. Amazing.

Why would you call chicago Mur

If the murder rate in Chicago was as high as it is in Kansas City,

Why is Chicago Murdertown?

There are a lot of killings here, mostly gang-related stuff. I think it's still the highest by number in the U.S. It was in 2012...it's harder than you'd think to find it just by number and not as a function of population.

If you go per capita, Chicago actually is not very high on the list. Using 2013 stats for murders per 100,000 people, Chicago is not even in the top 10.

Wow, digits and dots is one bitter, angry dude.

And such knowledge of the ebb and flow of the game, and series, with just three minutes of watch time beforehand. Amazing.
So much fail for recycled poster. Sorry to you too. Didn't mean to offend you in the past. Chuckle chuckle

How about Tyronn Lue passing the first interview situation to be the Cavs coach next season? Very likely saved the series/season for those guys getting Blatt off the court. What a boneheaded 30 seconds for Blatt. 1. Not having Lebron inbound (best passer, not that clutch at the FT line) up two in a FT shooting situation, 2. Not realizing you don't have anymore T.O. because you burned through them not implementing point 1, and finally not drawing up a play for your best player, or at the very least let him be a major distraction. Lue or Mark Jackson are looking real good for the Cavs next year however this season plays out.

How about Tyronn Lue passing the first interview situation to be the Cavs coach next season? Very likely saved the series/season for those guys getting Blatt off the court. What a boneheaded 30 seconds for Blatt. 1. Not having Lebron inbound (best passer, not that clutch at the FT line) up two in a FT shooting situation, 2. Not realizing you don't have anymore T.O. because you burned through them not implementing point 1, and finally not drawing up a play for your best player, or at the very least let him be a major distraction. Lue or Mark Jackson are looking real good for the Cavs next year however this season plays out.

In fairness to their coach, James had been awful shooting to that point. I couldn't believe he made it. I think he finished about 10-30 from the field.

If I had to bet on any Cavs player to bury a shot off an inbound with 0.8 I would pick J.R. Smith.

In fairness to their coach, James had been awful shooting to that point. I couldn't believe he made it. I think he finished about 10-30 from the field.

If I had to bet on any Cavs player to bury a shot off an inbound with 0.8 I would pick J.R. Smith.
I hear you Beav, but at the very, very least you use Lebron as a decoy, not standing under the rim inbounding the ball. I probably would have used Smith to set a high screen and roll for Lebron, and see how the defense adjust. My bet is the Bulls would have doubled, leaving Smith wide open. Blatt had a pretty bad 30 seconds to put it mildly.

I hear you Beav, but at the very, very least you use Lebron as a decoy, not standing under the rim inbounding the ball. I probably would have used Smith to set a high screen and roll for Lebron, and see how the defense adjust. My bet is the Bulls would have doubled, leaving Smith wide open. Blatt had a pretty bad 30 seconds to put it mildly.

Based on how well they've been defending the 3, I don't disagree with that prediction at all.

So much fail for recycled poster. Sorry to you too. Didn't mean to offend you in the past. Chuckle chuckle

Fail reading comprehension in school? Look at the join date, moron. So sure, I'm a recycled poster, your answer for everyone. I've been around here since Austin 360 and TOUGH TONY, long before your vitriol showed up.

But please do explain your deep knowledge of the game despite having only watched three minutes this season before the Lebron charge call.

Reactions: timnsun
If anyone other than lebron touched that ball at the end, Blatt should've been fired on the spot. I don't care if he was 1-20 from the floor at the time.

Fail reading comprehension in school? Look at the join date, moron. So sure, I'm a recycled poster, your answer for everyone. I've been around here since Austin 360 and TOUGH TONY, long before your vitriol showed up.

But please do explain your deep knowledge of the game despite having only watched three minutes this season before the Lebron charge call.
Where did I say I have a "deep knowledge" of the game? Its the NBA and my comment was about the mindset of Chicago sports fans. Please try and follow along, and read what you are freaking out about before you just see a username and freak out. Seems like a common theme in this thread though!

As a bulls fan, I can say that probably most of the fans did not want to see Lebron injured. James is a rival of the bulls (that is why you hear a boo every time he has the ball). Beating Cleveland without James would not be satisfying.

As far as how the game turned out. James is a pretty shitty 3 point shooter. Give me a one or two point lead and Lebron shooting a contested 3 at the buzzer and I win 7-8 out of 10. Pretty much as lucky as D Rose banked 3 point buzzer beater the game before.

GO BULLS

hi-res-182540341-derrick-rose-joakim-noah-and-and-tom-thibodeau-of-the_crop_north.jpg

Bulls played stupidly for 90% of that game. I was pissed at Taj for reacting like that. Dellanadova should have gotten a technical for leg-locking him like that, but you can't kick a guy no matter what Chris Webber says.

Bulls will for sure lose the series not because of their mounting injury situation, but because the moment is bigger than them. Refs will try to give them Game 6 at home, but I don't think they can even take what's offered to them any more. They looked disorganized and tired out there.

James was a monster last night on both ends of the floor and Rose is hurt......again.....and couldn't take the game over when they needed him to. If they played 20 more games I'd bet on Cleveland to win about 15 of them.

Bulls played stupidly for 90% of that game. I was pissed at Taj for reacting like that. Dellanadova should have gotten a technical for leg-locking him like that, but you can't kick a guy no matter what Chris Webber says.

Bulls will for sure lose the series not because of their mounting injury situation, but because the moment is bigger than them. Refs will try to give them Game 6 at home, but I don't think they can even take what's offered to them any more. They looked disorganized and tired out there.

James was a monster last night on both ends of the floor and Rose is hurt......again.....and couldn't take the game over when they needed him to. If they played 20 more games I'd bet on Cleveland to win about 15 of them.

I agree with everything you said. I was hoping they would just give a double tech to Della and Taj, but I assume they wanted to send a message and keep things from spiraling out of hand. The Cavs and Blatt tried to give the game away in the last 5 minutes by basically not running on offense other than give it to Lebron, spread out and see what happens. He is so much better in the flow of the game.

I think the Cavs close it out in Chicago on Thursday. It will be on Butler and Rose to keep them in it. Lebron and the Cavs have a permanent space in Noahs head. He is a mess.

It doesn't help that Noah's entire lower half basically doesn't work anymore. Hard to watch, but I guarantee he'll leave it all on the floor on Thursday. Can't wait for game 6.

Well, that was a terrible game 6. Pretty entertaining series, but both teams were incredibly banged up. With the way all of the non-star guys performed for Cleveland, its clear that Lebron is not only a great player, a pretty damn good leader as well. Its pretty telling when guys like Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, and Dellavadova outperform the the Bulls supporting cast....and starters not named Butler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT