ADVERTISEMENT

Trev isn’t building up to anything

The value to making an announcement sooner rather than later is that it provides hope. There has been no hope or good news this season.

Trev doesn’t seem to realize that our fans are so beaten down and demoralized that there may not be much excitement about the new coach. Our fans were discouraged about the last 20 years, but this “season” we didn’t show up for was the last straw.

His silence in this lost season isn’t leadership.
Reading this reminds me of Garth in anchorman.

5 years without even a bowl game. I think instead of patience like we have been doing let’s practice urgency and either right the ship or get fired.
Every coaching change requires another clock reset. Unfortunately we're up for another.
Settle in boys, and support the progrum.

Last edited:
The value to making an announcement sooner rather than later is that it provides hope. There has been no hope or good news this season.

Trev doesn’t seem to realize that our fans are so beaten down and demoralized that there may not be much excitement about the new coach. Our fans were discouraged about the last 20 years, but this “season” we didn’t show up for was the last straw.

His silence in this lost season isn’t leadership.
Just curious as to how you feel now?

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
What about the basketball program? Nobody has been worst than us the last three seasons.

I was totally wrong. Very pleased with Rhule. I was cynical and just felt like our search was going nowhere.

Trev was the man and did an amazing job. This last season was unbearable though.
Given the contract - it was clear Trev didn’t have to settle and got his first choice
Of the schools looking for a coach Trev had the largest war chest

He could have had Fickell - Kiffin - Leipold - Klieman - Deion etc etc or any coordinator he wanted and chose Rhule

No other contract (or extension) comes close to what Trev was able to offer and he could have gone higher if needed

Will be interesting to see how things play out

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT