ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Armstrong > Braxton Miller

hddude55

Defensive Coordinator
Jan 14, 2002
Arizona
Sean Callahan just ranked top five B1G QBs and TA s #5, Miller unranked. I realize OSU has two QBs rated higher and it's hard to stomach any team having such riches at QB. Maybe Sean thinks his injury hasn't healed.

Sean Callahan just ranked top five B1G QBs and TA s #5, Miller unranked. I realize OSU has two QBs rated higher and it's hard to stomach any team having such riches at QB. Maybe Sean thinks his injury hasn't healed.
no it looks like home cooking with that. if you are going to rate 2 osu qb in the top 5 you have to rate all 3

I think its silly to complain about someone not ranking the 3rd string QB on any conference lists. I bet Urban Meyer will actually use Braxton out of the slot. He's a dynamic runner, but actually not a great QB. Tommy actually has better passing mechanics than Braxton Miller. However, Braxton's ability to run the football trumps Tommy's running ability.

I thought that Miller was transferring from OSU. Is that not the case now?

A healthy Braxton Miller is at or near the top of athletes in all of college football. There are better passers to be sure, but he's deadly as a college QB with his skillset

Tommie Frazier was not noted as an amazing passer, yet Husker fans revere him as the best college QB of all time. It's amazing to me how talented OSU is at QB. I don't think we've seen anything like this at any other program. All three of these guys would likely start for about half of the schools in the top 25, maybe more.

Fortunately, it's a team game and only one can be on the field at the QB position at one time.

Will be interesting to see how Urban handles the egos.

My guess is, he is just assuming Miller won't be on the OSU roster come the first game so he doesn't even exist in regards to rankings of the B1G QB's, because no reasonable person who has watched so much as a minute of CFB thinks TA is better than Braxton.

Reactions: kakdawg
My guess is, he is just assuming Miller won't be on the OSU roster come the first game so he doesn't even exist in regards to rankings of the B1G QB's, because no reasonable person who has watched so much as a minute of CFB thinks TA is better than Braxton.
Don't think that's the case since Sean mentions him as an OSU QB and Miller and OSU AD have stated recently that he is staying. Obviously these kinds of columns are just one guy's opinion but putting TA above Miller seems very odd. Too bad he didn't explain his thinking, as the column obviously was thought out.

Well we don't watch practice anymore; maybe he just isn't. The writer has some contacts. Also at 3rd team; unlikely to get a lot of playing time; unless as mentioned above. At some point the piece has to reflect whats happening in the league.

All three cannot start and play. No reason to put all of them.

The only way that makes any sense is if Miller doesn't play. If you gave me a pick between TA and Miller, I'm picking Miller without a second of hesitation.

I'm taking Miller too....with him in 2014. We play in a Major bowl. With a loss to Wisconsin but wins over MSU and Minnesota.

Reactions: balsy
The only way that makes any sense is if Miller doesn't play. If you gave me a pick between TA and Miller, I'm picking Miller without a second of hesitation.
Im taking miller, unless he cant throw the ball anymore. Why wouldn't he transfer? I think he cant throw yet.

Cool thing; no B1G argument to say TA moves down farther than 6th; if BM is ranked. TA could take that next step this year.

The issue with Miller is that there is no way to know if he can throw until Fall camp. And even when he can start throwing, the kind of conditioning that he would normally have in the shoulder and arm if healthy won't be there. Plus the general,rust if not having thrown in a competitive situation in two years.

He's really in a no win situation whether he stays or leaves.

Worse case scenario is to try to go from 0 to 100 and start on day 1 then get injured again. Second worse scenario is to go somewhere and either not win the starting position to what would be considered a lesser talent, or just look bad.

I think the best thing for him to do would be to spend the first half of the season taking situational snaps as a Wildcat QB. Then in the second half of the season with that much more time to heal and get ready, he can take some snaps at QB throwing so that the scouts and coaches in the NFL can see the type of glimpses of potential so that he can be a late round pick or get invited to a team as a free agent QB.

Forgot about the issue with Miller's shoulder. If healthy, there's just no comparison. You're talking about one guy being a Heisman contender and the other we've been 2 years now wondering if he wins the starting job for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT