ADVERTISEMENT

TO doesn’t want you gambling

You completed missed the point (again). I didn’t choose to work for pos Buffett. He bought my company. More opinions from a guy that doesn’t care. You Buffett Bros are an odd bunch
Woe is you … you’ve chosen to work for him literally everyday since acquisition. You see that right?

Woe is you … you’ve chosen to work for him literally everyday since acquisition. You see that right?
More replies from a guy that doesn’t care? Odd?

Need to do what’s best for my family. Why are you so obsessed with my opinion about Buffett? You already recognized he’s a hypocrite, but you’re so thirsty for me to reverse my opinion . Why is that? Why does my opinion bother you so much?

You seem to have a strong opinion since you can’t help but have a comment for how I feel about Buffett. I also think Larry Fink is a POS.. gonna cause another meltdown for ya?

I don’t plan on working there past this year.
Buffett has been successful at a level hardly anyone can duplicate.

I always told my wife it didn't hurt that Buffett's dad was a 4 term Republican congressman who was on the cutting edge of insider trading. Passed down to his son who has many congressmen in his pocket writing regulations that "occassionally" work in ways to make his companies even better than they were.

It's a nice gig, if you can land it.

You boys enjoy the old man balls. I got a baseball game to listen to. Enjoy
Goat Rotum GIF

I am always amazed at people that want to label those who turn businesses around as the bad person. Businesses get bloated and in trouble and when someone comes along and saves the company and jobs while getting it right sized they are the bad guy. Left alone, the business would go belly up no one would have a job.

I also don’t understand people complaining about how much some people make. How many jobs have poor people created outside of the government robbing them through taxes and giving it to others.

I am always amazed at people that want to label those who turn businesses around as the bad person. Businesses get bloated and in trouble and when someone comes along and saves the company and jobs while getting it right sized they are the bad guy. Left alone, the business would go belly up no one would have a job.

I also don’t understand people complaining about how much some people make. How many jobs have poor people created outside of the government robbing them through taxes and giving it to others.
Victim mentality

if you get fired by someone 1,000,000x more successful than you, find a mirror

Reactions: RBigredMax
We will be gambling in Columbus here shortly. Harrahs Columbus opens in May. Huge 1 mile race track (biggest in Nebraska), slots, table games, Caesars sports book, simulcast racing!

Reactions: king_kong_
We will be gambling in Columbus here shortly. Harrahs Columbus opens in May. Huge 1 mile race track (biggest in Nebraska), slots, table games, Caesars sports book, simulcast racing!
Ummmm, don't forget THE MAFIA! Because that will be there!

Companies were already profitable that’s we he bought them. Him firing 10% of workforce and telling the rest to figure it out so he can pocket another $100 million makes him the bad guy.

Enjoy those saggy billionaire balls you love putting down your mouth Kong
Can you provide some actual information on these accusations?

People love Buffett because he made them rich. Give me some details on how he runs his businesses. I'm genuinely curious as a long-time Brk-b holder.
One thing he does with many of his businesses is they hire straight out of the local colleges (wherever those businesses are based).. they do not pay the going rate for the position, but usually 20-30% less than the competition. Generally there are cost of living raises, and from this pool of people, they will find and promote managers, but there isn't really much outside hiring. People that leave the organization, will just be replaced on the next hiring cycle.

The one benefit to the people that work there, is they will not be fired or laid off, unless there is some real extenuating circumstances. (buying out a new business) They generally just don't do it.

Because of their lowball salary across the board, they do not attract the smartest or brightest graduates. They get the leftovers that didn't find a job somewhere else. In one of their insurance businesses, for example, instead of hiring software engineers from the IT college, they hire math majors instead. This skill is useful in Insurance and IT, but many math majors don't have a lot of job offers coming out of school, while the IT college grads have many offers, that they don't want to compete with. It's another example of how they screen for people who probably can do that job, but they will keep the labor costs as low as possible with this practice.

I got to see all of this as a consultant.. and I felt quite sorry for the people that worked there, but those that remained lifers there all value the safety of the position over the low salary.

Reactions: Streamer15
You completed missed the point (again). I didn’t choose to work for pos Buffett. He bought my company. More opinions from a guy that doesn’t care. You Buffett Bros are an odd bunch
So again I ask, was this a hostile takeover or did the greedy previous owners/shareholder sell the company for a huge profit? Unless it is a hostile takeover you are pissed that someone bought something that was for sale.

I think, for you, this has exponentially more to do with Buffet’s personal politics and his donating to Gates Foundation than what you wrote in your initial response to Buffet

“Buy companies and layoff people to make them more profitable to drive up stock price. Buffett is an unscrupulous POS”

Nothing at all wrong with disliking his politics and the causes he publically supports. Just write that to begin with rather than act like it has to do with making moves to drive up the stock price.

One thing he does with many of his businesses is they hire straight out of the local colleges (wherever those businesses are based).. they do not pay the going rate for the position, but usually 20-30% less than the competition. Generally there are cost of living raises, and from this pool of people, they will find and promote managers, but there isn't really much outside hiring. People that leave the organization, will just be replaced on the next hiring cycle.

The one benefit to the people that work there, is they will not be fired or laid off, unless there is some real extenuating circumstances. (buying out a new business) They generally just don't do it.

Because of their lowball salary across the board, they do not attract the smartest or brightest graduates. They get the leftovers that didn't find a job somewhere else. In one of their insurance businesses, for example, instead of hiring software engineers from the IT college, they hire math majors instead. This skill is useful in Insurance and IT, but many math majors don't have a lot of job offers coming out of school, while the IT college grads have many offers, that they don't want to compete with. It's another example of how they screen for people who probably can do that job, but they will keep the labor costs as low as possible with this practice.

I got to see all of this as a consultant.. and I felt quite sorry for the people that worked there, but those that remained lifers there all value the safety of the position over the low salary.
So, in other words, those they hire are just like teachers.

The employees at Dairy Queen who made my blizzard the other night seemed pretty damn happy. They appeared to be fully staffed too. Which is a miracle in the fast food industry these days. Must not have got the memo about how shitty it is working for Warren.

So again I ask, was this a hostile takeover or did the greedy previous owners/shareholder sell the company for a huge profit? Unless it is a hostile takeover you are pissed that someone bought something that was for sale.

I think, for you, this has exponentially more to do with Buffet’s personal politics and his donating to Gates Foundation than what you wrote in your initial response to Buffet

“Buy companies and layoff people to make them more profitable to drive up stock price. Buffett is an unscrupulous POS”

Nothing at all wrong with disliking his politics and the causes he publically supports. Just write that to begin with rather than act like it has to do with making moves to drive up the stock price.
A lot of companies seek Warren out to buy them. Just happened in the last year, can't remember the company.

The stock is pretty much unstoppable at this point with the dividends that roll in. Now over $6 billion a year and rising.

It's weird how people hate such a profitable company based in our home state. He has created a ton of wealth for Nebraskans. I was lucky enough to buy Brk-b shares at 20 in my first investing trade. Used the profits when I sold as a down-payment for my house. Kept a few shares, which kept soaring, and sold as needed for home repairs. Only reason I invested in Brk is because I grew up reading about them in the paper all the time. Also knew a couple people whose grandparents got in back in the day.

Oh look another cult member. You Buffett bros are still upset.. too funny 😂
You are right, not providing info to back up a personal rant is too funny. Facts are facts, try not to let them get in the way of feelings and if you have facts to back things up, let's see them. Without them, they are an opinion, just like a few thousand others who think such things going on in their head are based on reality.

You are right, not providing info to back up a personal rant is too funny. Facts are facts, try not to let them get in the way of feelings and if you have facts to back things up, let's see them. Without them, they are an opinion, just like a few thousand others who think such things going on in their head are based on reality.
I live in facts bro. It happened to my company. You’re the one so emotional bc I don’t like the guy. Get a grip

I wouldn't have any idea whether Warren Buffett is a good guy, bad guy, or somewhere in between. I respect his business practices because he doesn't buy companies just to gut them like a fish and turn a quick buck.

That said, I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of him. It's like arguing with the Tom-Hanks-eats-babies crowd over whether or not Apollo 13 was a good movie.

Reactions: king_kong_
You're classic.

I wouldn't have any idea whether Warren Buffett is a good guy, bad guy, or somewhere in between. I respect his business practices because he doesn't buy companies just to gut them like a fish and turn a quick buck.

That said, I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of him. It's like arguing with the Tom-Hanks-eats-babies crowd over whether or not Apollo 13 was a good movie.
Tom Hanks is one of the biggest frauds in all of Hollywood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT