ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday, February 22nd Nebraska at Grand Canyon (Huskers win 7–2)

I'm good with a split this weekend
I think we need to win 3-1 if we are really wanting to be a shoe in for a regional and the dream to host. Unfortunately college baseball only looks at wins and loses. We lose to Oklahoma by 1 in the 9th or by 10 it is treated the same.

We need wins so this weekend we just can’t be ok splitting imo. Yes, in theory one weekend doesn’t decide the season but our trajectory has always been based on how we start the year when you look at our history.

I think we need to win 3-1 if we are really wanting to be a shoe in for a regional and the dream to host. Unfortunately college baseball only looks at wins and loses. We lose to Oklahoma by 1 in the 9th or by 10 it is treated the same.

We need wins so this weekend we just can’t be ok splitting imo. Yes, in theory one weekend doesn’t decide the season but our trajectory has always been based on how we start the year when you look at our history.
I'd be fine with that, just playing a good team.

REALLY need to stop losing those midweek games too.

Ridiculous
Just more so for trajectory. Wouldn't read into more than that. I know a 2-2 or a 3-1 isn’t make or break either way. The part you quoted was just a piece of why I stated that and not the statement entire.

I admit I have a hosting a regional dream and a 3-1 series win would be a huge feather in the cap. Haha I think this team could do it.

Just more so for trajectory. Wouldn't read into more than that. I know a 2-2 or a 3-1 isn’t make or break either way. The part you quoted was just a piece of why I stated that and not the statement entire.

I admit I have a hosting a regional dream and a 3-1 series win would be a huge feather in the cap. Haha I think this team could do it.

I read your entire response. And it's ridiculous. 2-2 is just fine to keep hosting Regionals alive.

Let's hope so!

P.S.
GCU having a season their expected is more/as important as 2-3/3-1 otherwise it doesn't matter unless we sweep this weekend.

Last edited:
I read your entire response. And it's ridiculous. 2-2 is just fine to keep hosting Regionals alive.

Let's hope so!

P.S.
GCU having a season their expected is more/as important as 2-3/3-1 otherwise it doesn't matter unless we sweep this weekend.
Yeah I type like I am having a convo so I understand how you took it that way but that’s not what I meant. I think most understood what I meant as far as trajectory and past seasons. But yes, 100% 2-2, 3-1, 1-3 isn’t going to decide that. But if we start out fast we have a much higher chance of not having to make it up with a more RPI depleted Big Ten. I would also love to host. Haha I am liking this team.

Reactions: NU HZKRZ
Yeah I type like I am having a convo so I understand how you took it that way but that’s not what I meant. I think most understood what I meant as far as trajectory and past seasons. But yes, 100% 2-2, 3-1, 1-3 isn’t going to decide that. But if we start out fast we have a much higher chance of not having to make it up with a more RPI depleted Big Ten. I would also love to host. Haha I am liking this team.

I was fully prepared to join you had we lost today (Sunday). 😁

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I am now rooting for GCU to win a lot of games. :Cool:

Yep, the name of the game. GCU to finish with a top 80 RPI, or better, will work for us. They did in 2023 and damn near had top 50 in 2022. Their team this year is projected by D1Baseball to be a 2 seed in the Road to Omaha.

They have quite a few midweek games that they'll need to win some; Arizona, ASU, Oregon a few times and BYU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT