ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday, May 12th Nebraska vs. Indiana (Huskers win 4-2)

The official NU baseball social media announcement doesn't say anything about no tape delays Smokin

It is odd as they have the two alternative BTN channels. I know the main one will be all about the softball championship which is fine but I don’t know why they never take advantage of the alternate channels outside of football.

I've also wondered about those alternates too, though. Such a waste, how expensive can it be to use them? Seems like you may even be leaving some advertising money on the table. Even during the offseason, you could play 3 different "classic" games and draw 3 different fanbases instead of just pandering to one at a time 🤔 (I also don't know a dang thing how the TV industry works so maybe there's a dumb reason they can't).

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I've also wondered about those alternates too, though. Such a waste, how expensive can it be to use them? Seems like you may even be leaving some advertising money on the table. Even during the offseason, you could play 3 different "classic" games and draw 3 different fanbases instead of just pandering to one at a time 🤔 (I also don't know a dang thing how the TV industry works so maybe there's a dumb reason they can't).
The alternate channels are only used when there are multiple live events in the same sport in the same broadcast window. It's technically "regional" coverage as there are some smaller cable providers who have fewer--or even zero--alternate channels available. The game of highest local interest is placed on the primary channel.

I may have missed it happening at other times, but I've only ever seen them used for non-conference football games when there were 2-4 Big Ten teams playing at home at the same time. With the conference expanding this fall and one or two more games being played each week during league play, it's possible they will be used on occasion for conference games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT