ADVERTISEMENT

Suh, Bowman and Taylor reunited in Miami...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
By The Finsiders on July 1, 2015 at 10:41 am
It’s obvious what defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh brings to the table in terms of on field production. He’s four-time first-team All Pro and one of the most dominant defensive tackles in the NFL today. But while all that steals the headlines, what may fly under the radar is the way he interacts and conducts himself with his teammates.

Through several interviews with The Finsiders, multiple players have expressed how impressed they are with Miami’s marquee free agent signing of the spring just a few months into Suh’s tenure in aqua.

Linebacker Jelani Jenkins is excited about what Suh brings to the defense because of the kind of attention the All-Pro defensive tackle demands from the offense.

“Just overall, he’s an animal,” said Jenkins. “Besides his athletic ability and just being able to take on double teams and free everybody else up, he’s got swag, he’s a presence. People are going to look out for him and when they’re looking out for him, they’re not looking out for other people. Just his whole demeanor and what it brings to the defense, we’re going to be tough to run against, pass against and we’re going to have a whole attitude to us.

Suh also has been a big help to young players on the defense according to linebacker Chris McCain. The 2nd year pro says Suh’s has been a great veteran mind for younger players to learn from, and that he’s teaching unselfishness.

“He’s not hard to talk to at all, he’s very helpful, said McCain. “If he feels like someone can make a play, he’s more willing to put somebody else in a better position than he’s thinking about himself. If I’m over there rushing, he’ll tell me ‘go ahead and do your go-to move, I got your back if you don’t make it.’ He’s not selfish, he’s more helpful than anything man and it’s just fun being able to talk to him.”

Then of course there is Suh’s talent and ability, something that was evident a long time ago to former college and now current teammate, cornerback Zack Bowman. His strength immediately grabbed Bowman’s attention.

“Me, Suh, and Zac Taylor, our quarterback coach, were all in the same recruiting class (at Nebraska), said Bowman. “All three of us came in the same year and Suh was just a young pup. He was shy, very quiet, but worked really hard and was strong as an ox. I won’t forget a time where we were walking to the parking lot and there was this little car, and he just lifted it like the Hulk.”

Suh may not be lifting any more cars in the team parking lot, but he’s certainly making a strong impression in the Dolphins locker room.

Glad to see Bowman still playing. He was a great talent but had the worst luck with injuries. Also Zac was a warrior at QB for Nebraska. That kid took a beating behind a patchwork O-Line learning a new system. And Suh...he's a beast. Hoping he can clean up the play with a fresh start in Miami. GBR!!

Neat to see... Forgot that suh's time overlapped with bowman and Taylor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT