ADVERTISEMENT

Strength & Conditioning Program

is it working?, I was looking at diaz and it look like the kidd has no meat on his bones. shouldn't he have put on some muscel over the years he was here?

Originally posted by icedragon :
is it working?, I was looking at diaz and it look like the kidd has no meat on his bones. shouldn't he have put on some muscel over the years he was here?

I really don't think so. I don't think the commitment was there from the start with Doc. I think Doc is more "old school" and didn't realize the advantages that NU could have had with weight training. Besides Diaz, Ubel is nowhere near as developed physically as he should be! He could be 15 pounds heavier and much, much stronger than he is now. Jared Sullinger tossed him around like a rag doll.

if the new guy, will put together a good S&P that could mean the difference between, 10,11,12 and 4,5,6, between nit and ncaa

Originally posted by icedragon :
if the new guy, will put together a good S&P that could mean the difference between, 10,11,12 and 4,5,6, between nit and ncaa

I agree 100%. Look at Purdue and Wisconsin among others. They are developing players! Some of the kids NU recruits need to be developmental prospects with decent skills who are willing to stick around for four or five years. Enough with these kids that want to play right away or else they are going to transfer. We need kids who actually LIKE the city of Lincoln and going to school at UNL. Then we need those kids to develop physically. I would use Bruce Chubick as an example. He was a talented in-state kid who developed into a strong, athletic four man in the five years he spent at NU.

ADVERTISEMENT