ADVERTISEMENT

Storms

We have friends who just moved in to their new house in NW Omaha and it’s gonzo. Fortunately they weren’t home. EXTREMELY lucky kids were at school still
That’s what I’m saying thankfully kids were still in school and most people at work.

That’s what I’m saying thankfully kids were still in school and most people at work.
This. My cousin lives in the Cincinnati area. A tornado hit there about 10 years ago at 2:30 AM. A lot of people killed and hundreds and thousands injured.

wow. Surprised the train was just parked and that they didn't try to move the damn thing. As Ron White famously said about Hurricanes. "It's not THAT the wind is blowin. It's WHAT the wind is blowin".
Probably good thing it wasn't moving

A lot of the bad stuff happened near me but you would not have even known it until later at night or the next day. It is weird how one neighborhood is fine and a few blocks over it is a mess.

Reactions: BleedRed78
A lot of the bad stuff happened near me but you would not have even known it until later at night or the next day. It is weird how one neighborhood is fine and a few blocks over it is a mess.
It’s even weirder when yiu see pictures and there are some houses that appear to have not even a shingle missing.

Reactions: BTF69
A family member lived in Pilger when the 2 tornadoes wiped it out years ago. It literally destroyed her neighbor's house jumped hers and took out the other neighbor's house on the other side. Mother Nature is a crazy bitch.

Here's why?

A multiple-vortex tornado is a tornado that contains several vortices (called subvortices or suction vortices) revolving around, inside of, and as part of the main vortex. The only times multiple vortices may be visible are when the tornado is first forming or when condensation and debris are balanced such that subvortices are apparent without being obscured. They can add over 100 mph to the ground-relative wind in a tornado circulation and are responsible for most cases where narrow arcs of extreme destruction lie right next to weak damage within tornado paths.[1]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT