ADVERTISEMENT

So, what are the thoughts on Hawkins?

Lincoln100

Head Coach
Jun 16, 2010
Everyone seems excited about getting 2 commits, but for those who follow B-Ball intensely, are these 2 good gets?

Seems like it to me. K-State and Okie State also wanted Hawkins. Fuller and Hawkins would seem to both play the same position, but I'm guessing that they could play together. 6'5" and 6'7" on the wings would be a welcome sight for many Husker fans who have seen so many small lineups for so long at Devaney. According to the Lincoln paper, Hawkins could even play some point guard.

This is a good start, but the key to this class is going to be getting Agau in the middle. He would be a difference maker for this program. NU has got to be able to recruit well locally when the talent is there. Too many times in the past, the best players have gone elsewhere or even good prospects have gone unrecruited by NU coaches and turned out to be better players than the stiffs that were brought in.

This post was edited on 8/11 8:28 AM by Dean Pope

My favorite thing about Miles is he recruits offensively skilled guys who can play. He doesn't give a rat's ass about athleticism, or how developed a kid's body is, etc. So many coaches throughout the country get caught up in things about potential recruits other than "can they play." Miles gets it. Guys like Sadler, and many others, don't.

As far as Fuller, the kid is damn good and can really play. Has really good size for his skill set, can stroke it from deep, has some junk off the bounce, plays unselfishly, competes on both ends, good help defender, uses either hand very well, utilizes shot fakes, ball fakes, had solid footwork, and has soft hands. He will have an immediate impact and start as a true freshman. No doubt about it.

I haven't seen or heard much about Hawkins other than the fact that he has good size for his position and can really stroke it. Doesn't surprise me because for the most part, Miles recruits offensively skilled guys, utilizes them within his motion scheme, and then helps them become good team defenders.

Husker Basketball was headed in the right direction the minute that Miles took over.

We haven't even played a game yet but coach Miles recruiting is MOST IMPRESSIVE!

Actually Looking forward to Husker Basketball this year!

ADVERTISEMENT