ADVERTISEMENT

So much for Burrow taking less so everyone else can be resigned...

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Hahaha....

I've zero probs with the money, he's worth it...I'm just lol'ing at his prior comments....but good for him.

Reactions: WHCSC
Hahaha....

I've zero probs with the money, he's worth it...I'm just lol'ing at his prior comments....but good for him.
Yeah, I get it and it is a nice idea to "spread it around" but at the same time. F that.

Take it all. If they want to give you more, take it. Statistically speaking this is his last contract, just going of NFL QB longevity. 4.5 years is the average career for NFL Qb's.

Take that bag and run.

Yeah, I get it and it is a nice idea to "spread it around" but at the same time. F that.

Take it all. If they want to give you more, take it. Statistically speaking this is his last contract, just going of NFL QB longevity. 4.5 years is the average career for NFL Qb's.

Take that bag and run.
Well barring injury, Burrow is clearly well above being the average QB. I know you know that, just trying to balance the statistic in question here.

He's taking the route of the winner similar to Brady and Kelce - would rather win than be the wealthiest at the position. Winning championships as the star player will bring money deals in its own right.

Contracts like that are signed for him and other players at the position. It sets a negotiation benchmark, so even if he extends or renegotiates to keep or add another OL or WR, that initial $ amount is forever.

How is he anything like either of those two?? Burrow did the exact opposite of what you just wrote.
Tbh I have no clue what his deal in question even looks like. I thought folks were saying he didn't get the bag that he should've in favor of"spreading the wealth" to win. I was just going off of context, so that's my bad.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Tbh I have no clue what his deal in question even looks like. I thought folks were saying he didn't get the bag that he should've in favor of"spreading the wealth" to win. I was just going off of context, so that's my bad.

I been there!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT