ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day tictoc

I’ll translate… Not picking up a running back in this class will be a failure on the part of EJ Barthel.

There was a rumor he was going to be replaced and come to think of it I haven’t seen him in any of the recruiting pics, etc
I heard Barthel will be gone. Sat to coach RB. Rumors where steelers qb coach to come to nebraska. Seems fat fetched to Me but time will tell

EJ is probably a good dude but not ready for the big stage. And yes Nebraska is still a big stage considering how many people show up to games or watch us on TV.

When EJ had Grant running the ball against Minnesota when we were just trying to run clock, told me EJ wasn’t ready or mature enough. We had 4 deep really @ RB @ that point and that’s who you want to run the rock. Seems like EJ was more worried about one individual vs winning the game in that situation.

Plus he appears to suck at recruiting. Let him find another coaching gig or give him a back office job. He’s the worst coach we have

EJ is probably a good dude but not ready for the big stage. And yes Nebraska is still a big stage considering how many people show up to games or watch us on TV.

When EJ had Grant running the ball against Minnesota when we were just trying to run clock, told me EJ wasn’t ready or mature enough. We had 4 deep really @ RB @ that point and that’s who you want to run the rock. Seems like EJ was more worried about one individual vs winning the game in that situation.

Plus he appears to suck at recruiting. Let him find another coaching gig or give him a back office job. He’s the worst coach we have
Is EJ truly in charge of RB rotation? Not defending him I just don’t know if it’s his or Rhule’s decision on how the rotation works. Honestly most of Rhule’s assistants have little to no recruiting clout to speak of. It’s mostly Rhule and White doing the heavy lifting on that front. Don’t care if he goes, just don’t think it will make much of a difference.

Is EJ truly in charge of RB rotation? Not defending him I just don’t know if it’s his or Rhule’s decision on how the rotation works. Honestly most of Rhule’s assistants have little to no recruiting clout to speak of. It’s mostly Rhule and White doing the heavy lifting on that front. Don’t care if he goes, just don’t think it will make much of a difference.
Rhule said after the Minnesota game that it was Barthel's decision to put Grant in when we were trying to ice the game.

something must be up. I doubt Raiola comes here unless we have a top notch QB coach lined up.
I agree. And Barthel is probably going to go. But I like him as a coach. I think our running backs did well considering the fact that our line did not block well for them. But if someone has to go I guess it will be him. A new QB coach is more important.

When I used to call defense, I would let some AC's sub on their own and others I would sort of have them hold off. I am guessing EJ, at that level, can sub on his own.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
No running back will be a failure by Barthel in my opinion.
They are going to sit tight right now. This isn't the Pelini/Riley/Frost era where we are always under the scholarship total. They like this redshirt freshman Ives a lot. In a true developmental program, you recruit well, work with what you have and put them on the field. Little Emmitt Johnson and Kwinten Ives could be a damn good combination. Add in two injured vets, both of whom averaged over 5 yards a carry last year, and we are better off than people think.

When I used to call defense, I would let some AC's sub on their own and others I would sort of have them hold off. I am guessing EJ, at that level, can sub on his own.
Welcome back SuperBigFan! (aka JohnRossEwing)

They are going to sit tight right now. This isn't the Pelini/Riley/Frost era where we are always under the scholarship total. They like this redshirt freshman Ives a lot. In a true developmental program, you recruit well, work with what you have and put them on the field. Little Emmitt Johnson and Kwinten Ives could be a damn good combination. Add in two injured vets, both of whom averaged over 5 yards a carry last year, and we are better off than people think.
Plus, I think they’re going to try and chuck the ball more this year with Rail. Should open running lanes if safeties are playing 10-12 yards off the LOS.

I heard Barthel will be gone. Sat to coach RB. Rumors where steelers qb coach to come to nebraska. Seems fat fetched to Me but time will tell
The TE coach still has an interim tag. I would be surprised if Rhule let Barthel go, but it's also possible that Barthel could be looking at catching on elsewhere.

As for Sullivan, he would be a good hire and he'll be available. He's calling the plays for the Steelers right now. He's an older guy, but has a great reputation. Can't blame him for the Steelers offensive woes- it's not his offense and he's not a miracle worker. The Steelers should be cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball after the season is over.

The TE coach still has an interim tag. I would be surprised if Rhule let Barthel go, but it's also possible that Barthel could be looking at catching on elsewhere.

As for Sullivan, he would be a good hire and he'll be available. He's calling the plays for the Steelers right now. He's an older guy, but has a great reputation. Can't blame him for the Steelers offensive woes- it's not his offense and he's not a miracle worker. The Steelers should be cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball after the season is over.
It isn't Sullivan. It's Pittsburgh offensive analyst Glenn Thomas who worked with Rhule at Temple and Baylor.

Agreed. Barthel is a Rhule OG. Picked by Rhule before he was officially hired. Young. I would be surprised if Barthel is replaced this soon. Martin was always the odd man out.

Does anyone know if there's coverage today on ESPN? I see there's some this afternoon, but thought ESPN used to have coverage most the day.

Plus, I think they’re going to try and chuck the ball more this year with Rail. Should open running lanes if safeties are playing 10-12 yards off the LOS.
Relatively speaking they will. Nebraska was like top 10 in the nation in rushing attempts. Still will be more run focused though. Hopefully we can punish the safeties. If they come down we go over the top if they pull back we gash them on the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT