ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost speaks!

6k is wrong. Way wrong. Google says 58 million a year. Which would seem right to anyone who has been there. There might be 1,000 people in line for one ride.
Alexa is an idiot and I can’t believe inWV believed it. Gullibility is a knife to civilization’s throat.

Magic kingdom alone gets about 60k people per day.

Ames isn't the capital of Iowa, Des Moines is. Ames is definitely a college town, college students make up over half of the population of the town. ISU employees probably make up another 20% of the population.
Duh..I've only been to Des Moines about 10 times for one of my charities and we stay right up the street from the capitol. My bad.

Orlando isn’t a college town strictly speaking, but there are +40k students at UCF. Alexa says an average of 6k per day at Disney world.
13% of their students live on campus. For comparison 50% live on campus at NU.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
If you read the whole article I think what he meant was Orlando is a great town to have a college in. And it’s true. If you were a kid and had a choice between Lincoln or Ames and Orlando where would you go?

Based on recruiting rankings, it appears most kids who have a choice would choose to go to college towns rather than Orlando

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Based on recruiting rankings, it appears most kids who have a choice would choose to go to college towns rather than Orlando
I am not talking about athletes I a talking general students. UCF has an enrollment of 69,000. It’s the largest in Florida and one of the largest in the country.

Orlando isn’t a college town strictly speaking, but there are +40k students at UCF. Alexa says an average of 6k per day at Disney world.
UCF is a primarily a commuter school so the numbers are deceptive. The campus reflects this, and it's not very appealing. Certainly not a true "university" feel with most of the students living in a concentrated area.

Reactions: leodisflowers
unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

I read it. Thanks OP for sharing it but it's pretty meh. Nebraska comes off as the bad guy in it imo is what writer insinuates.
Dumb article if Nebraska comes off as the bad guy. Frost failed at Nebraska despite having a super long leash. He got 5 years and probably would have got 6 had he not lost to Georgia Southern and won 6 games in 22. He got an extension when his record was 7-16. There probably has never been a coach at a Blueblood program that got more of a benefit of the doubt and where the school desperately wanted him to succeed despite bad results

If you read the whole article I think what he meant was Orlando is a great town to have a college in. And it’s true. If you were a kid and had a choice between Lincoln or Ames and Orlando where would you go?
Orlando sucks. If there's one place I don't want to go back to, it's Orlando. Lightning capital of the world for a reason. It's built on sinkholes. Did I mention the people there are crazy? Then there's the bugs and swamps. Eff that. Give me Lincoln any day.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
Dumb article if Nebraska comes off as the bad guy. Frost failed at Nebraska despite having a super long leash. He got 5 years and probably would have got 6 had he not lost to Georgia Southern and won 6 games in 22. He got an extension when his record was 7-16. There probably has never been a coach at a Blueblood program that got more of a benefit of the doubt and where the school desperately wanted him to succeed despite bad results
He lost those games because he wasn’t around enough at times coaching his team.. 1st game against Northwestern with a lead going for a onside kick was the first give away he didn’t give a $&it..

He lost those games because he wasn’t around enough at times coaching his team.. 1st game against Northwestern with a lead going for a onside kick was the first give away he didn’t give a $&it..
That call still infuriates me …. WTF🤬

Right after that onside, I turned to my wife (scrolling through FB) "Did you just see that?" .. "See what?" She says. "He just did an onside kick - You watch, that will cost us the game" ..
Pisses me off too.

What an arrogant idiot.

i actually think Frost could be a good position coach in the NFL

he thrived at Oregon where he had buckets of talent and secure infrastructure.

he caught lightning in a bottle at UCF because he had the perfect combination of talent and opponents

he failed at Nebraska because he's not a leader/molder of young men

i do believe he has genuine offensive creativity, but he has no clue how to get athletes to the point where that creativity is useful

Reactions: leodisflowers
Orlando sucks. If there's one place I don't want to go back to, it's Orlando. Lightning capital of the world for a reason. It's built on sinkholes. Did I mention the people there are crazy? Then there's the bugs and swamps. Eff that. Give me Lincoln any day.
Only place I've been where I've had legit road rage. Just wanted to get a couple pizzas for supper 3 miles from our rental house. An hour in and I was still a mile away and couldn't decide if I should make the family go hungry or come back with the food at midnight when I got through traffic. Came back with the pizza hours later after nearly having multiple strokes and heart attacks and no one said a word. Never again for this guy. SW Florida from now on.

McKenzie Milton made Frost look real good at UCF. Adrian Martinez made Frost look bad at NU. He's a good coach if he has an outstanding QB like Marcus and Hubert were. He'll get another gig and I hope the best for him.
Frost sucks as the head coach. He'll surround himself with another incompetent staff. He's not likely to change his ways.

The minute he's not accountable to someone, he'll be who he really is.

He's too effing arrogant to ever admit all his weaknesses as a coach and person. Eff him.

Was in Orlando for the family trip to the theme park (Universal) over a decade ago. Orlando struck me as a concrete wasteland.

Reactions: scarletred
Frost does not have the skill set to be the head dude of a power conference team and was given more leeway in Lincoln than any coach since Devaney.

Right after that onside, I turned to my wife (scrolling through FB) "Did you just see that?" .. "See what?" She says. "He just did an onside kick - You watch, that will cost us the game" ..
Pisses me off too.

What an arrogant idiot.
I didn't look at that call as due to arrogance. I looked at it as due to panic that his defense couldn't hold up. The whole team took on the culture of thinking what could go wrong to lose the game rather than what could go right to win it. That culture of panic/doubt continued the rest of the year after he got canned and bled into the culture in 2023. Hopefully that culture is eliminated now.

That call pissed me off, when NU lost the game I told the Mrs Frost was through and I felt sorry for several friends who went to Ireland to watch that crap.

Only place I've been where I've had legit road rage. Just wanted to get a couple pizzas for supper 3 miles from our rental house. An hour in and I was still a mile away and couldn't decide if I should make the family go hungry or come back with the food at midnight when I got through traffic. Came back with the pizza hours later after nearly having multiple strokes and heart attacks and no one said a word. Never again for this guy. SW Florida from now on.
I4 traffic is insane. And all those Disney adults freaks suck! Can’t go wrong with SW FL. Love me some Sarasota and ft myers

Reactions: Huskers123456
I4 traffic is insane. And all those Disney adults freaks suck! Can’t go wrong with SW FL. Love me some Sarasota and ft myers
It's so tempting because houses are so cheap. This was 5 years ago but we got a vrbo in a gated community. 6 bedrooms, heated pool and spa. 8 nights for $1,300. Insane. Wife sometimes says let's just go to Orlando for half a week in winter and sit in the pool with the kids. I say f that. She's trying to kill me.

Frost will never be successful as a Head Coach unless he becomes more detailed oriented. His QB at UCF was so good and masked a lot of Frost’s deficiencies.

Frost’s teams at Nebraska were sloppy, turnover and penalty prone…hallmarks of a Head Coach with very poor organizational skills. The team improved immediately under Mickey and Bill Busch.

Frost really should go back to being a coordinator and learn from successful head coaches. For whatever reason he never learned anything from the great resources here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT