ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost going after Terry Wilson

I've been trying to tell anyone that would listen, that Wilson is the real deal..

The other QB that some of you think is all that, is not all that.

We absolutely need to keep Wilson.

I've been trying to tell anyone that would listen, that Wilson is the real deal..

I have no opinion on either of their abilities, but I do recall an Elite 11 finalist that is now currently sitting at 5th string.

Reactions: 500mileRadius
I feel we have two very good quarterback commits and I hope both of them ink with Nebraska come February. Once in the system and under Langsdorf and Riley's tutelage for a couple years will I then make my assessment as to which player is better. Until then, all we can do as fans is speculate. GBR

I have no opinion on either of their abilities, but I do recall an Elite 11 finalist that is now currently sitting at 5th string.

According to some (who don't have the slightest clue in the world) he will be starting soon.

Wilson's coach says he 100% and TW told SF, thanks, but no thanks. Also, TW is all set to room with Aphanso Thomas. Of course, this is all relative to the dealings with 16-18 year old kids.

Im a big fan of Wilson, but your O'Brien comment is absurd. Assuming POB does make it to Nebraska, he will officially have the best God Given arm on a Husker QB.... Ever.

That may sound like silly hyperbole, but it's not a stretch.

Reactions: HuskerInOkieland
Im a big fan of Wilson, but your O'Brien comment is absurd. Assuming POB does make it to Nebraska, he will officially have the best God Given arm on a Husker QB.... Ever.

You're entitled to your opinion, but your statement sure seems a lot more absurd than mine. I've reviewed his film and certainly don't agree with your analysis.

I have zero knowledge of OBrien, but better even than say a Ferragamo? Or even Berringer?
Really hope we keep him if he has that good of an arm. And I hope that means touch and not just pure cannon.

elite 11 is nothing. several qb who cant play have made the elite 11. not saying he cant play just wouldnt put anything into the elite 11

You're entitled to your opinion, but your statement sure seems a lot more absurd than mine. I've reviewed his film and certainly don't agree with your analysis.
Sorry, but saying you've reviewed his film means nothing. What are your credentials for analysis? I highly doubt that you have any better credentials in that area than anybody else on here does.. Your opinion on it means no more or no less than anybody else's. Do you really expect everybody to suddenly lend credence to your opinion just because you've reviewed his film? Come on.

elite 11 is nothing. several qb who cant play have made the elite 11. not saying he cant play just wouldnt put anything into the elite 11

Agreed....just look at Shane Morris. Everybody knew his ranking out of high school was a huge joke.

Sorry, but saying you've reviewed his film means nothing. What are your credentials for analysis? I highly doubt that you have any better credentials in that area than anybody else on here does.. Your opinion on it means no more or no less than anybody else's. Do you really expect everybody to suddenly lend credence to your opinion just because you've reviewed his film? Come on.

Which is the more absurd statement?

A. "The other QB that some of you think is all that, is not all that."

B. "Assuming POB does make it to Nebraska, he will officially have the best God Given arm on a Husker QB.... Ever."

B. "Assuming POB does make it to Nebraska, he will officially have the best God Given arm on a Husker QB.... Ever."

I will ask again, care to go into detail about your statement? It would be much more informative for everyone if people detailed why they think what they do .

I will ask again, care to go into detail about your statement? It would be much more informative for everyone if people detailed why they think what they do .
I did this on his commitment thread already...

The point I was making is, some people seem to think it's no big deal if we were to lose Wilson, because we have this 'other' guy. I am arguing that losing Wilson would indeed be a very big deal. He's on a completely different level than the other guy. No one needs my credentials on it, you can watch the film and re-watch it several times to look for things. Heck, there is a reason Oregon offered him and not the other guy.

That said, this thread needs to be more absurd.. it's my new word for the week!

Clearly Riley and co. are in over their heads. They are recruiting Oregon State level recruits, and allowing them to be aggressively pursued by upper echelon schools like Oregon. Riley should immediately pull all offers to quality recruits, as it conflicts with my desire to gloat over his poor recruiting.

Sincerely,
"Cat Lover in Ohio"

Reactions: NikkiSixx
You mean the coaches will have to do their jobs and keep recruiting kids. My point is that doing their job is not a test...it's their job. It's the FANS these days that every recruit is a test for in terms of opining whether or not they are a PASS grade or FAIL (all of which is premature), and also to opine on how coach is doing (like they know or something).

Not saying people are all wrong with their predictions, just that its the fans that create all of this nonsense when it comes to recruiting. Even against known hindsight, fans continue to assume that all recruits never get injured, will always be in a spot to compete, that they find a way to excel in the scheme, maintain eligibility, behavior, or any other of the major factors that we KNOW actually impact all recruits during their actual playing career.

It's fun to speculate but the doom and gloom "the coach failed if he loses this recruit" is premature & crap. Even if he did, what if he went and found a better contributor in their place...does he know pass the test again? Let the dude do his job and stop the hyperbole nonsense...

GBR

I did this on his commitment thread already...

The point I was making is, some people seem to think it's no big deal if we were to lose Wilson, because we have this 'other' guy. I am arguing that losing Wilson would indeed be a very big deal. He's on a completely different level than the other guy. No one needs my credentials on it, you can watch the film and re-watch it several times to look for things. Heck, there is a reason Oregon offered him and not the other guy.

That said, this thread needs to be more absurd.. it's my new word for the week!

So much detail in your evaluation , I can see why you didn't want to type it again.

"For QB, I prefer a dynamic athlete like Terry Wilson to that of the big slow pocket passer style."

"i guess he's an ok pickup, not impressed at all with his film, but i do trust the staff in their evaluations. i think he will provide 'depth' at the position."

Doesn't look like a film eval at all, just a statement of personal preference. To the 2nd point, Oregon doesn't have offers in to KJ Costello or #1 Qb Jacob Eason, Wilson must be better than both....

I'd ask you again to get specific, but lol

So much detail in your evaluation , I can see why you didn't want to type it again.

"For QB, I prefer a dynamic athlete like Terry Wilson to that of the big slow pocket passer style."

"i guess he's an ok pickup, not impressed at all with his film, but i do trust the staff in their evaluations. i think he will provide 'depth' at the position."

Doesn't look like a film eval at all, just a statement of personal preference. To the 2nd point, Oregon doesn't have offers in to KJ Costello or #1 Qb Jacob Eason, Wilson must be better than both....

I'd ask you again to get specific, but lol
Ok, it's a bit like drafting Rich King.. I knew Rich personally, and he had zero athletic ability to be honest.

I digress.. When I watch the film, I do not see an athlete. I see someone with size, some ability to throw the ball, but it doesn't look natural to me, and I do see some intelligence with the way he baited the corner on a couple of plays. But I don't see an athlete. I see a guy with a couple of measurables and that's about it.

I somewhat disagree with this. The elite 11 has put out some pretty good QB's come thru its program. Of course it never ends up holding true that the top 11 HS QB's in the nation make it. (use to be that way) but now with all the regional Elite 11 camps and other camps, not all of the best QB's go thru this program like they use to.

It's a law of averages game. Just like the rivals ranking system. Will ever 5 star pan out? No. Will ever true "elite 11 QB pan, out? No but I'd say 5 to 6 of them will for sure. Just look at Stanton's class, Joshua Dobbs, Christian Hackenberg, Malik Zaire, & Jared Goff will all be starters in 2015 for major conference BCS schools. Don't forget Max Browne, who would probably start for 80% of BCS schools, was there too. So that is like 5 out of 11 who have basically already proven to be pretty good QB's IMO and that was honestly a bad year for the Elite 11.

Saying the elite 11 is nothing, is like saying Harvard sucks because a few dumb kids sneak in every year. It happens but I am not going to discredit Harvard nor the Elite 11 because it doesn't have a 100% perfection rate . Maybe some husker fans are just bitter because we are basically 0 for 3 on elite 11 QB's.

Last edited:
Husker fans........this is a BIG deal. Russell Wilson was a 2 Star QB and only got offers from NCSt and Duke. We now know that an under-rated player can make both the Badgers and Seahawks win championships!!! I don't want to lose another WILSON!!!!!! Let's lock him up!!!!!

Reactions: arf_man

Let me again reitterate an opinion I actually hold about the QB situation. I too am a fan of Wilson. But your assessment of POB off out film is odd.

1. POB is not a statue. He rushed for 700 yards last season and actually runs the zone read more than Wilson. POB actually had 4 touchdown runs of more than 30 yards.

2. My assessment of his arm strength is not absurd or hyperbole. It's unprecdented at Nebraska. Go watch his 7 on 7 championship highlights. Go watch his Elite 11 breakdown. His understanding of coverages, ability to move through progressions and then sling it with laser like precision is unrivaled by any previous Husker QB in years.

But... That doesn't mean I think he's a better QB than Wilson, nor does it mean he would be a better College QB than Wilson.

But to claim POB is "not all that" is inaccurate. And to come to that conclusion after "watching his film" is really odd. On film, whether in pads, or out of them, the last thing you could ever say about him is he's a"statue" with marginal arm talent.

Reactions: HuskAir and arf_man
Langsdorf evaluated both qb's in person, and made offers to both. There's no reason to slight either qb. Will one, none, or both go on to be good, who can say. But, it would be nice if we can get both committed.

Last edited:
Let me again reitterate an opinion I actually hold about the QB situation. I too am a fan of Wilson. But your assessment of POB off out film is odd.

1. POB is not a statue. He rushed for 700 yards last season and actually runs the zone read more than Wilson. POB actually had 4 touchdown runs of more than 30 yards.

2. My assessment of his arm strength is not absurd or hyperbole. It's unprecdented at Nebraska. Go watch his 7 on 7 championship highlights. Go watch his Elite 11 breakdown. His understanding of coverages, ability to move through progressions and then sling it with laser like precision is unrivaled by any previous Husker QB in years.

But... That doesn't mean I think he's a better QB than Wilson, nor does it mean he would be a better College QB than Wilson.

But to claim POB is "not all that" is inaccurate. And to come to that conclusion after "watching his film" is really odd. On film, whether in pads, or out of them, the last thing you could ever say about him is he's a"statue" with marginal arm talent.

Where did I say he was a statue?

Also, that vid in the other thread that you linked with Trent Dilfer pretty much exactly matches my thoughts on him, the only difference being that I draw a different conclusion than he does. Trent pretty much states "those traits" are what half the NFL QB's in the league need to make money. My conclusion, is basically different in that I personally would not desire a QB like that myself, and would rather have a guy more like a Russel Wilson, Vick, Mariota, or another more athletic and dynamic athlete at the position. So I think this is where we differ in that I draw a different end conclusion is all.

Where did I say he was a statue?

Also, that vid in the other thread that you linked with Trent Dilfer pretty much exactly matches my thoughts on him, the only difference being that I draw a different conclusion than he does. Trent pretty much states "those traits" are what half the NFL QB's in the league need to make money. My conclusion, is basically different in that I personally would not desire a QB like that myself, and would rather have a guy more like a Russel Wilson, Vick, Mariota, or another more athletic and dynamic athlete at the position. So I think this is where we differ in that I draw a different end conclusion is all.

You didn't just claim a preference for a dual that guy. Stop backtracking.

You claimed the other guy was "not all that."
You then stated you weren't impressed with guys film.

I called you out because you're foolishly ragging on POB so you can throw your support for Wilson. Its unnecessary.

If you would rather Nebraska utilize a more athletic QB with a more defined dual threat skil set then you should just state that opinion instead of feeling the need to bash POB. Hell, this kid is probably going to be a 4 Star and move into the top 10 Pro Style QB recruits before signing day.

You didn't just claim a preference for a dual that guy. Stop backtracking.

You claimed the other guy was "not all that."
You then stated you weren't impressed with guys film.

I called you out because you're foolishly ragging on POB so you can throw your support for Wilson. Its unnecessary.

If you would rather Nebraska utilize a more athletic QB with a more defined dual threat skil set then you should just state that opinion instead of feeling the need to bash POB. Hell, this kid is probably going to be a 4 Star and move into the top 10 Pro Style QB recruits before signing day.
I didn't rag on anyone, and haven't even used the kids name in any of my posts in this thread. Stop putting words in my mouth. The whole point of my post was that we need to keep Wilson. I also didn't jump on anyone else's opinion here, it was you who did that by saying "not all that" was absurd, then in the next sentence you go on to say something even more absurd. If you cant even see how hypocritical that was, then is obvious to me that having a logical discussion about it probably isn't going to happen.

Hard to reconcile a lot of things that you posted ITT Nikki.

Wilson would be a big loss because O'Brien is not all that based on your personal preference and you watch his film and see many of the same things Dilfer does yet come to the conclusion that he is not all that because he isnt a scrambler as you prefer. But you didn't rag in O'Brien by questioning his ability, but we would be in trouble if we lost wilson because O'Brien is not all that.

Let me know if I missed anything that might make sense of your opinion.

Langsdorf evaluated both qb's in person, and made offers to both. There's no reason to slight either qb. Will one, none, or both go on to be good, who can say. But, it would be nice if we can get both committed.

This gives me hope. If an NFL caliber QB coach likes them then I'm willing to give them a shot.

I need to just keep a Word doc with a post explaining how the probabilities work on prospect rankings for stupid people who see a couple Elite 11 guys wash out and declare it a Bust Factory. Probably the same ones who don't wear their seatbelt because "This one time a buddy a mine went in the ditch in a rain storm and the truck flipped upside down in the water, and sherriff said if he hadn't a been chucked 200 feet out the window, he'da drowned in there!"

^ That is a REAL reason I heard a guy give for not wearing his seatbelt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT