ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, May 7th Nebraska at Minnesota (Huskers lose 9-8)

Let's put Max at 2nd. It's all fun, right?

Huskers lead 4-3 after 2 innings. A lot of walks and singles for both teams.

Minnesota gets a run back in the bottom of the 6th to make it a 5-5 game headed to the 7th.

I'm pretty sure the rule is that if a runner goes backwards to avoid a tag (on the way to first) he's out. Didn't matter ultimately

Edit: I could be wrong. Couldn't find something but I thought that was a rule change recently

I'm pretty sure the rule is that if a runner goes backwards to avoid a tag (on the way to first) he's out. Didn't matter ultimately

Edit: I could be wrong. Couldn't find something but I thought that was a rule change recently
I believe there is a certain line you can go back to and not beyond. At least that’s what I recall back in the day. I’m also l old now. Haha

Reactions: sklarbodds
Hopefully today is a wake up call to Emmett and his old man - STFU and earn your stipes.

That was one of the worst games I've ever seen.
I heard Will Bolt talking about us going toe to toe with one of the best teams in the big ten last weekend on sports nightly and I thought we had turned the corner.

Up 8-5 going into the bottom of the 8th against a team with a 2-14 conference record and we find a way to lose. I’m not sure we deserve to go to Omaha at this point

I heard Will Bolt talking about us going toe to toe with one of the best teams in the big ten last weekend on sports nightly and I thought we had turned the corner.

Up 8-5 going into the bottom of the 8th against a team with a 2-14 conference record and we find a way to lose. I’m not sure we deserve to go to Omaha at this point
I’m not sure we will. We sure don’t seem to want it enough. I mean we gave up the tying run in the 9th in an 0-2 count. I feel like we’ve done that too much this year. That and leaving the bases loaded.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I’m not sure we will. We sure don’t seem to want it enough. I mean we gave up the tying run in the 9th in an 0-2 count. I feel like we’ve done that too much this year. That and leaving the bases loaded.
That was a bad pitch, but in his defense it probably should have been 8-5 in the 9th. It's May and I'm still amazed by how poorly we play defense, you'd think I'd be used to it by now.

That was a bad pitch, but in his defense it probably should have been 8-5 in the 9th. It's May and I'm still amazed by how poorly we play defense, you'd think I'd be used to it by now.
Correct, the issue is the team makes mountains out of mole hills in every phase of the game far too often to have any expectations as fans to make the tourney. The fact that we still have a chance is more of an indictment on the league than anything Nebraska has done as a team this year.

One could argue Minnesota gave us every chance early to pull away with their multiple errors but didn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT