ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, May 27th Nebraska vs Maryland (Huskers lose 4-2)

Two feet higher, two mph faster..., would have been glorious.

Single season home run record as a team, Big Ten’s best hitter, consistently rated as the second best offense in the big ten, and our season ends in the semi finals of Big Ten tourney.

Very disappointing season as this team had the talent / ability to earn an at large bid this year, but they just could not put it all together

Single season home run record as a team, Big Ten’s best hitter, consistently rated as the second best offense in the big ten, and our season ends in the semi finals of Big Ten tourney.

Very disappointing season as this team had the talent / ability to earn an at large bid this year, but they just could not put it all together
I will say outside of the top three hitters we didn’t have good enough at bats the 2nd half of the year. Doesn’t make it any less disappointing but this team is probably more of an overachiever than anything this year oddly enough. Knowing we had two of the best in recent history on this team is what rubs salt in the wound.

I will say outside of the top three hitters we didn’t have good enough at bats the 2nd half of the year. Doesn’t make it any less disappointing but this team is probably more of an overachiever than anything this year oddly enough. Knowing we had two of the best in recent history on this team is what rubs salt in the wound.
It’s hard to see us take a step forward next year without Brice and Max, which would mean 3 straight years without a regional.

Maybe the transfer portal can save us? Just doesn’t seem like a good way to build a program

It’s hard to see us take a step forward next year without Brice and Max, which would mean 3 straight years without a regional.

Maybe the transfer portal can save us? Just doesn’t seem like a good way to build a program
I think the schedule itself is how we can make a regional along with the portal. He did improve the team quite a bit in one year so that gives me hope. But we need to enter every tough tourney we can or accept the fact we will need to go on the road to the SEC and not get return trip.

Maybe not lose midweek games to summit league teams. Oddly enough we still finished around 100 for RPI with all of that midweek and early season debacle.

If Nebraska had a decent pitching coach, I could see being better next year by virtue of developing Christo, Hood, Clark, whomever else to their full potential and having a salty pitching staff with just enough offense from guys like Anglim, Swansen, Caron and Carey. Unfortunately, I expect more guys struggling to get past 4 innings, timely walks/hit batters, and wild pitches :|

If Nebraska had a decent pitching coach, I could see being better next year by virtue of developing Christo, Hood, Clark, whomever else to their full potential and having a salty pitching staff with just enough offense from guys like Anglim, Swansen, Caron and Carey. Unfortunately, I expect more guys struggling to get past 4 innings, timely walks/hit batters, and wild pitches :|
I will say this is somewhat odd timing after the tourney where the staff was the only reason we were really in any game until the end. I don’t have the same hate for Christy as some do but do wish we had gone for more experience out of the gate. I don’t think Nebraska will prioritize baseball until football and basketball are humming though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT