ADVERTISEMENT

Reveles

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Last I remember Reveles playing was the Michigan series when he broke a finger on a bunt attempt. Anyone know if he's expected back from that injury this season or are they hoping he gets a medical redshirt and comes back next year? I'm unfamiliar with how a medical redshirt works in baseball (how many games, how far into the season, etc), but it seems like we could use his range at SS. He was really coming along at the end of last season and the start of this year.

In looking at the stat lines...

Reveles
16/16 GP/GS
.255 BA
.327 SLG%
.293 OB%
5 RBI
2 BB
9 SO
4-4 SB
.986 FLD% (1 error)

Placzek
30/23 GP/GS
.230 BA
.351 SLG%
.370 OB%
9 RBI
17 BB
21 SO
1-2 SB
.927 FLD% (8 errors)

Edrington
16/12 GP/GS
.178 BA
.267 SLG%
.277 OB%
2 RBI
4 BB
9 SO
2-2 BS
.944 FLD% (4 errors)

Granted, most of Rev's stats were accrued in the non-conference.

In looking at the stats, Placzek is draws a lot of walks (commensurate with most of the full-time starters), but also strikes out a lot and has quite a few errors (I realize there was a discussion on this the other day regarding errors and middle infielders).

After last Sunday's game, DE was asked that question and he said Reveles was probably still two weeks away.

The only word getting out is that the finger is still keeping him out of the lineup. If there's any other reason, no one is talking about it. DE has recently said it's the finger.

Really tough break for the kid. He's a senior hoping to get drafted. Needed a good season for that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT