ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Score Updates (Day 4)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Championship time! We have ten games going on today and all teams are vying for a spot in a Super Regional. Should be a fun one. I'll try to update final scores as often as I can within this thread.

LSU beats UNC Wilmington 2-0 and punched their ticket to the Super Regionals

Wright St/Illinois. States's coach got tossed for arguing a decision at the plate. Funny thing is, the decision went his way - he got the out, but he also wanted the Illinois base runner ousted for crashing into his catcher. Argument must have gotten personal.

DBU fighting back from an opening loss. Now LWWW.

That was one team I pegged as having the best shot to have enough pitching depth to pull it off. UCLA is another, although I'd rather Maryland win that one.

Louisiana-Lafayette is the next to head to the Super Regionals after eliminating Rice 5-2

Illinois eliminates Wright State 8-4 and moves onto the Super Regionals!
Good to know we'll have at least 1 B1G team in the Supers.

They'll play Vandy who's up 21-0 right now (seriously not kidding). I think that lead will likely hold.

Good to know we'll have at least 1 B1G team in the Supers.

They'll play Vandy who's up 21-0 right now (seriously not kidding). I think that lead will likely hold.
Where's the run rule when you need it?Eek

Texas A&M eliminates Cal by going through the loser bracket and is headed to a Super Regional

Florida State heads to a Super Regional after an 8-1 win over College of Charleston

TCU comes back to win by scoring 7 unearned runs in the 8th and 9th innings to win it 9-8 in 10 innings and heads to the Super Regionals.

Maryland punches the final ticket to a Super Regional, and the 2nd Big Ten team, as they beat the #1 national seed in UCLA 2-1.

Reactions: k9_r
Wow, Maryland overpowers UCLA. Meets Virginia in the Supers, a 3 seed matchup. Really like Maryland’s chances to get to Omaha.

Big Ten did an amazing job. All five teams acquitted themselves well.
Illinois – WWW, hosts a Super
Maryland – WWLW, made it to a Super
Iowa – WLWL, ends in the regional finals
Michigan – WLWL, ends in the regional finals
Indiana – WLL, two close losses.

So far, so good.

They are a very impressive club, I hope they make it to Omaha just because of their fans. I always get invited to a tailgate just for some of that good Cajun food Smokin
It was fun watching them in person, they are a special team. Legit chance to take it all.

ADVERTISEMENT