ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Score Updates (Day 3)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Day 3 and the stakes are even higher.

The Big Ten went 1-3 yesterday but were in every single game.

Three of the teams will be playing for a chance at a regional championship and avoiding elimination (Iowa, Michigan, and Indiana.

Maryland has already moved on the regional championship.

Illinois didn't play yesterday because of weather.

Reactions: saluno22
Michigan eliminates Bradley 4-3 and moves on to the regional championship against Louisville, will have to win two in order to advance.

St. John's eliminates Oklahoma State 2-1 who is now the 2nd 1 seed to be eliminated.

I think its pretty obvious the Big Ten is a better conference at baseball then the Big 12 this year. Never thought I'd say that but its pretty clear.

St. John's eliminates Oklahoma State 2-1 who is now the 2nd 1 seed to be eliminated.

I think its pretty obvious the Big Ten is a better conference at baseball then the Big 12 this year. Never thought I'd say that but its pretty clear.

I agree with you. The Big 12 is all talk.

Especially when both Big 12 teams will be out, going 1-4. First time Tex has not one at least one game when in the tourney since 1971. DBU eliminates UT 8-1

Last edited:
Dallas Baptiste eliminates Texas 8-1. It's the first time an Augie lead Texas team would go 2 and BBQ in a regional and Texas' 1st time since 1971.

Dallas Baptiste saved their bullpen as their starter goes the distance.

Dallas Baptiste eliminates Texas 8-1. It's the first time an Augie lead Texas team would go 2 and BBQ in a regional and Texas' 1st time since 1971.

Dallas Baptiste saved their bullpen as their starter goes the distance.

Near 140 pitches to go the distance

I'll be honest, these Big Ten teams have been fun to watch this year. I wish Nebraska could have been fun but as a partial observer they have been one of the most impressive group of teams from any conference this post season.

Illinois becomes the 3rd team out of three Big Ten teams so far to make the regional finals, beating Notre Dame 3-0

Last edited:
Louisiana-Lafayette beats Houston 2-1 on a walk off hit by pitch.

Romero the starter for Houston had a no hitter through 7 and 2/3's innings.

Iowa becomes the 4th Big Ten team to advance to their regional finals by beating Oregon 2-1 in 11 innings. They will need to beat Missouri State twice if they want to advance to a Super Regional.

Indiana becomes the 1st Big Ten team to be eliminated and the only one of the five not to make their regional finals by losing to Radford 5-3.

Radford will play Vandy in the regional finals

Last edited:
Louisville is the 1st team to clinch their ticket to the Super Regionals as they eliminate Michigan 13-4

TCU is going to be eliminated tonight too. Another all hat, no cattle team that was a world beater regular season then flopped.

Hopefully Maryland can beat Eight Clap and Illinois advances too.

Florida is the next team to punch their ticket to the Super Regionals as they knock of Florida Atlantic 2-1

College of Charleston eliminates Auburn 3-2 and will play Florida State in the regional finals

Last edited:
Wright State eliminates Notre Dame 4-0 and will face Illinois in the regional finals

UCLA eliminates Cal State Bakersfield 9-1, will play Maryland in the Regional Finals.

Columbia beats Miami (FL) 3-0 and will play a final game tomorrow to see who heads to the Super Regionals

Pepperdine eliminates Arizona State 7-4 and will play Cal State Fullerton in the regional finals

Last edited:
UNC Wilmington eliminates Tulane 8-2 and will play LSU in the regional finals

Last edited:
USC (Southern Cal) eliminates San Diego State 12-11 and will play Virginia in the Regional Finals

Texas A&M beats Cal 4-3 in another great game between the two teams and forces a final game tomorrow to see who advances to the Super Regionals

Missouri State is the 4th team to head to the Super Regionals after they eliminate Iowa 3-2. Iowa was a couple clutch hits away was all. Missouri State is a pretty good team and fun to watch.

Tough one to take. Hawks had chances. Was fun to see the change in the program though. The whole B1G has really turned a corner this year. Looking forward to showdowns with Nebraska again next year.

TCU beats NC State 8-2 to force a final game tomorrow to see who earns the right to play in a Super Regional

Tough one to take. Hawks had chances. Was fun to see the change in the program though. The whole B1G has really turned a corner this year. Looking forward to showdowns with Nebraska again next year.

Agreed, hopefully we can make it more of a series next year though, good year for Iowa.

Dallas Baptiste eliminates Oregon State 7-1 and will face Virginia Commonwealth (VCU) in the regional finals tomorrow

Cal State Fullerton eliminates Pepperdine 10-1 to become the 5th team to head to the Super Regionals.

Rice eliminates Houston 3-2 in 20 innings for the right to play Louisiana-Lafayette in the regional finals

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT