ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the Big Ten Teams Going into Conference Play

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Here's mine, top four are pretty close in my opinion.

Indiana Maryland Illinois Nebraska Ohio State Iowa Michigan Michigan State Purdue Minnesota Northwestern Penn State Rutgers

I think the top four are pretty clear. There's gap between them and Iowa/Ohio State. Then a big drop off to the rest of the pack.

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
I think the top four are pretty clear. There's gap between them and Iowa/Ohio State. Then a big drop off to the rest of the pack.
Agree with this.

Way too early and don't count for much at all RPI rankings...
18 Indiana
22 OSU
24 Iowa
49 Nebraska
55 Maryland
67 Illinois
87 MSU

Everyone else is 100 - 200 except Northwestern - 245.

Indiana fan here - we're loving the upswing and hoping the conference continues its improvement. Hope the Huskers win some this year!

Originally posted by goody1986:
Indiana fan here - we're loving the upswing and hoping the conference continues its improvement. Hope the Huskers win some this year!
They might be giving you crap, but I love that Indiana has just bounced back this year so far. I want EVERY team in the B1G to compete hard. Plus, Indiana fans mostly seem pretty decent :)

The upswing started with Tracy Smith at IU. Nebraska and Maryland are factors as well.

When the Big 10(14/15) began their facilities upgrades at most schools - that contributed as well.

Great to see Lemonis doing well too.

Nebraska joining wasn't enough to start an upswing. It took other teams such as Indiana to get it going. Yes Nebraska had some recent history in the early 2000's but Indiana helped propell the league forward. Obviously having Maryland join helps a lot since they were a game from Omaha last year. But to be fair, when never alas joined the league wasn't even a top ten RPI league.

The only team that bums me out is Purdue because they had so much momentum built a few years ago and don't seem to care. Also a ton of instate talent tye let sneak off into the SEC.

Teams like Northwestern will never care and should just rid of baseball all together.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Time for re-ranking:

1. Iowa
2. Maryland
3. Illinois
4. Nebraska
5-8. Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State
9-13. Everyone else is awful

The Huskers will have their opportunity to move up between now and Target Field.

Time for re-ranking:

1. Iowa
2. Maryland
3. Illinois
4. Nebraska
5-8. Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State

The Huskers will have their opportunity to move up between now and Target Field.
Looks about right.

Time for re-ranking:

1. Illinois
2. Iowa
2. Maryland
4. Nebraska
5. Ohio State
6. Indiana
7. Michigan
8. Michigan State

I myself would have Illinois at top, see my rankings above, overall I do think its a crap shoot between the top 4 teams.

Originally posted by RobsterMobster:

Time for re-ranking:

1. Illinois
2. Iowa
2. Maryland
4. Nebraska
5. Ohio State
6. Indiana
7. Michigan
8. Michigan State

I myself would have Illinois at top, see my rankings above, overall I do think its a crap shoot between the top 4 teams.
+1. I think Illinois is the class of the league right now.

I like something like this:

1. Illinois
2. Iowa
3. Maryland
4. Nebraska
5. Indiana
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan State
8. Michigan
9-13 Doesn't really matter at this point....

Should be an interesting finish to the year, the biggest series as far as the B1G goes still remain out there for Nebraska as we still play Illinois, Iowa, Ohio State. Will be really fun to follow for the rest of the year here! Nebraska will have a chance to prove itself... Starts tomorrow night with Creighton in Omaha, still thinking about making a trip down for that one!

This post was edited on 4/13 1:46 PM by huskerfan_12_05

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:

+1. I think Illinois is the class of the league right now.
I think the jury is still out on the Illini. Nice record but against a 150+ SOS. The one feather in their collective cap is a series win at Oklahoma State. In conference they have taken 2/3 from Michigan State (solid) and beaten up on Northwestern and Purdue (yawn).

They may or may not be the best team in the league, but will probably finish first because of the schedule. They only play one of the top four teams (Nebraska, in Champaign) and get four of the bottom five.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT