ADVERTISEMENT

Projected Recruiting Ranking

Where do you see Nebraska's recruiting class finishing up?

• 1 - 5

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • 6 - 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 - 15

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • 16 - 20

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • 21 - 25

Votes: 49 32.2%
  • 26 - 30

Votes: 28 18.4%
  • 31+

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
So while it seems like there is quite a bit of excitement about Nebraska's recruiting class, I've seen similar high levels of excitement for several Big Ten teams (Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, etc.)

Based on where Nebraska's class is now and how it will finish out, where do you see this class ranked nationally?

Further, based on your prediction, do you see this class as a home run, successful but not great, average, or below average?

For all of you "we'll wait and see" people, I get it... this is a PREDICTION poll, don't overanalyze here.

I think we will end up with a very successful class. The reality is that recruiting starts very early these days. Riley and his guys had to come in after being hired and fill a large number of spots instead of building relationships with 2016 guys. They have done a great job making up ground and it appears that the talent evaluation stories that surround Riley are accurate, e.g., have a look at our two QB talents. I absolutely LOVE what I am seeing with organization, effort, strategy, creativity, etc. on the recruiting front and think 2017 is going to be the splash class for Riley. I'm very happy with therogram right now and can't wait to get into fall camp.

I think we will end up with a very successful class. The reality is that recruiting starts very early these days. Riley and his guys had to come in after being hired and fill a large number of spots instead of building relationships with 2016 guys. They have done a great job making up ground and it appears that the talent evaluation stories that surround Riley are accurate, e.g., have a look at our two QB talents. I absolutely LOVE what I am seeing with organization, effort, strategy, creativity, etc. on the recruiting front and think 2017 is going to be the splash class for Riley. I'm very happy with therogram right now and can't wait to get into fall camp.
Well stated Archie; some have tried to downplay player development through statistical manipulation. Bottom line; they had a lot of guys get conference honors and make it to the NFL ( LB coach, 8 in 5 years / a string of db's ) . I believe a big problem was lack of recruitable top depth where they were; obviously we have exceptional facilities and support staff here also. There will be a lot of spirited games; the egocentric in game coaching paralysis will be supplanted by crack shots at breaking the opposing D or O

I think this year will be a step or two above in the rankings compared to previous years but a major upgrade when it comes to production on the field. You never know until a cple years on the team if they are going to be productive but the number of power 5 offers our commits have compared to previous years is a big difference overall. Ill take a guy that numerous other P5 coaches want over a high 3* with offers from MAC schools. but im still a start gazer and want them 4*s. Ill even take a 5*

We're ranked 35th right now with 12 recruits. I think the second half of our commit list will improve in ratings. I would love for us to flip some top-rated players (Mique Juarez we have a jersey reserved just for you) and land 5 or 6 of the uncommitted top guys, but that is more hope than what I think will likely happen. I chose 26-30 as the outcome.

As far as grading the overall rank, I have to wait until it's a done deal. Those darn statistics, always messing up perceptions. Why can't there be a national champion that recruits around 25th. Oh well.

Based on how we've done in the past, how this class has started, and my own subjectivity:
Top 15 = home run
16-20 = successful
21-30 = average
31 or below = fail

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT