ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Entries

Cedric

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 20, 2001
I've tried to keep a full list of portal entries since the spring game. I think I got them all. I haven't tried to track walk-ons. They just sort of seem to disappear.
Braxton Clark
Casey Thompson
Richard Torres
Jalil Martin
Logan Smothers
Noa Pola-Gates
Ajay Allen
Shawn Hardy
Stephon Wynn.
I think that's everyone. Best of luck to them all.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I've tried to keep a full list of portal entries since the spring game. I think I got them all. I haven't tried to track walk-ons. They just sort of seem to disappear.
Braxton Clark
Casey Thompson
Richard Torres
Jalil Martin
Logan Smothers
Noa Pola-Gates
Ajay Allen
Shawn Hardy
Stephon Wynn.
I think that's everyone. Best of luck to them all.
Biggest loss is Casey.. Really needed good QB competition heading into this season..

Transfer portal changes everything . Get used to not having two 1s Duke it out

We all knew that getting down to 85 was going to involve losing one or two guys we wished would stay. Losing Thompson and Allen hurts, but I really thought we would lose Thompson all along. The coaches did not bring Sims here to sit on the bench and Thompson knew it. it is really hard in the era of the portal to keep two really good QB's on the roster.

We all knew that getting down to 85 was going to involve losing one or two guys we wished would stay. Losing Thompson and Allen hurts, but I really thought we would lose Thompson all along. The coaches did not bring Sims here to sit on the bench and Thompson knew it. it is really hard in the era of the portal to keep two really good QB's on the roster.
I agree, Penns.

that is, unless you invest in developing your own.

loyalty still exists in this new world. you just have to earn it.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I think this is why recruiting a h.s. qb is important. Easier to keep a young guy you have a relationship with. Should he able to keep a h.s. kid around for 2 or 3 years.

I think this is why recruiting a h.s. qb is important. Easier to keep a young guy you have a relationship with. Should he able to keep a h.s. kid around for 2 or 3 years.
it seems guys leave either because they're not going to play or they're after nil money. that curve becomes far more elastic with coaching changes.

i thought thompson would fit well in rhule's offense. surprised he's leaving. but if he left texas, leaving N shouldn't be shocking, i suppose. saban needs a qb.

it seems guys leave either because they're not going to play or they're after nil money. that curve becomes far more elastic with coaching changes.

i thought thompson would fit well in rhule's offense. surprised he's leaving. but if he left texas, leaving N shouldn't be shocking, i suppose.
I think it is much easier to tell a redshirt freshman or sophomore that they spent all that time recruiting them and believing in them so stick it out another half year or year and see what happens.

I think it is much easier to tell a redshirt freshman or sophomore that they spent all that time recruiting them and believing in them so stick it out another half year or year and see what happens.
100% agree with that. they become part of the brotherhood. not so much with hired guns, it seems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT