ADVERTISEMENT

Plumbing oddity......any ideas what is happening?

Wintereisse

Blackshirt
Dec 2, 2002
Plumber came in (who I've use before with excellent results) to rebuild a shower faucet. Now works great. However, when we went into our other bathroom the sink and shower there gets no water? I leave the faucets on and some air spurts out for a second and that's it. There are no shutoff valves between the two rooms and no shutoff under the sinks. What is up?

There could be some kind of a plug in that leg of the pipe that was put there to keep it from dripping back to where the soldering was being done (obviously forgotten to be removed). Try removing screens, p-traps, or whatever you can on the leg that doesn't have water. Turn off the water to the house if you can, open any faucet to let it drain out, close the faucet then open the valve quickly to hammer the plug out.

Reactions: huskersdewclaw
If the plumber had to shut your water off at the main house valve you likely just have debris in the lines. Remove your showerhead & the aerators from your faucets to see if you have water. If not, you may have to call him back.

This.
If the plumber had to shut your water off at the main house valve you likely just have debris in the lines. Remove your showerhead & the aerators from your faucets to see if you have water. If not, you may have to call him back.

Yep. Had a toilet fill tower clog up to near useless flow rate this way. New fill tower and fine. When water is shut off (especially with older lines i believe) a lot of debris can be forced down system clogging faucets etc when turned back on.

Bingo! Took the aerators out, cleaned them and water is flowing nicely. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT